PDA

View Full Version : Was Amelia an Asuran spy?

JackHarkness_Hot
August 1st, 2009, 02:45 PM
So here I am rewatching some major 'Weir' highlights of SGA and so far watching (4x02) "Lifeline" when I came across one scene --

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/CAPTX/AA1.png

then skip to (5x20) "Enemy At The Gate"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/CAPTX/aa2.png

I know in real life, re-using actors is a common thing. However, story-wise an Asuran spy who has infiltrated the Atlantis base and is working for the remaining Asurans? Kinda cool, though the Replicator story has been to death, this could be use to reintroduce the RepliWeir faction who escaped, sometime in the future.

I also know this is a silly topic but just imagine what bad-ass stuff Amelia can get up to, she can be like the RepliCarter.

XxX_Kavan Smith_is_Mine_XxX
August 1st, 2009, 03:11 PM
I also know this is a silly topic but just imagine what bad-ass stuff Amelia can get up to, she can be like the RepliCarter.

she can destroy atlantis!

jelgate
August 2nd, 2009, 09:06 PM
Stargate has reused Candian actors since the show started:P

Stormtrooper
August 4th, 2009, 05:33 AM
No, because that would have actually been interesting and cool.

malfunction
August 7th, 2009, 04:45 PM
This has got to be the worst recasting of any actress in the entire 15 years of Stargate. Her character is more than redundant anyway, Atlantis has always had Chuck and now the Chinese technician as well. Amelia is only there for some 'eye candy' and another pointless relationship between characters. Sometimes I think the made Atlantis a civilian international expedition just so they can have relationships in the show.

WereWraith06
August 11th, 2009, 02:16 AM
I don't think so.... They wouldn't do that to Ronon:ronan:!!!

Arica15
August 11th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Which one was Amelia again?...oh that's right, the completely pointless one created to make Ronan look less of an idiot after mooning after Keller.

A character established and well liked who turned out to be a traitor is always a good plot, but somehow I think they wouldn't have bothered to make Amelia any more than eye candy

dahok
August 13th, 2009, 10:19 PM
This has got to be the worst recasting of any actress in the entire 15 years of Stargate. Her character is more than redundant anyway, Atlantis has always had Chuck and now the Chinese technician as well. Amelia is only there for some 'eye candy' and another pointless relationship between characters. Sometimes I think the made Atlantis a civilian international expedition just so they can have relationships in the show.

Simon Wallis, well... nothing against his acting but they shouldn't have picked someone so recognizable. :(

Maybe they had plans for Amelia, but the last season was so sloppy and ended too abruptly. Poor girl though, she's lovely and they made her into a consolation prize.

Infinite-Possibilities
August 27th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Wow. I never noticed that. How would she have gotten to Atlantis?

Amelia was perhaps by far the least memorable recurring character in the franchise. I noticed her like twice before Enemy at the Gates. First in The Prodigal, and remembered later she had a brief scene in First Contact. Only to realize that apparently she'd already been in several episodes, but I don't remember her in any of them.

GuHNDoi
August 27th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I noticed the reuse, but only started to like her Amelia character when she gave gave that Hybrid a knee to the ribs. That was sweet.:)