PDA

View Full Version : It's Good To Be King (813)

Pages : 1 [2]

zats
March 13th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Well, this one was...odd. It was good, one of the betters this season, don't get me wrong...but Wayne Brady as a First Prime was just weird enough that I'm still slightly, well, weirded out.

What was good:
a. Maybourne! Joy! The man I love to hate! It was a little harder to intensely like him in this ep since he was actually acting like a halfway decent guy...but I still managed. Unfortunately, it'd doubtful that we'll see him again. This ep ended with something of a sense of closure.
b. Sam's reaction to the 'wives' comment. She's mellowed a bit since 'Emancipation'--the bit with Kytano in 'The Warrior' and Ba'al's "female Tauri" comment in 'Reckoning 2' for starters--but it'd comforting to know that she still gets her dander up sometimes.
c. RDA. Yay! "If I had a nickel..."

What wasn't:
a. I'll post something when I come up with it!

Last word: Wayne Brady?

NORCALJJ
April 14th, 2005, 06:11 PM
i LOVED to see jack off world again... just imagine if the jumper was full of drones.. they can kick the crap out of a lot of system lords with that ship... just think, a cloaked ship that can take out a mothership with ONE SHIP!!!! DAMN!!! over all i really enjoyed this episode... was getting tired of this "all earth.... no off world" crap!!!!

SeaBee
April 26th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Good ep.

I liked pretty well all of it, so much like the SG1 of old.

Well written, well acted and lots of fun. Everybody looked like they were actually enjoying themselves.

Definately worth a re-watch. :D

Commander Aegir
April 26th, 2005, 09:35 AM
It was a good laugh the episode n i like the little fight between teal'c n that other jaffa fella

ChevronSeven
May 13th, 2005, 07:04 PM
did he say "they're torturing that ditty"?

rofl

Does anybody know what "ditty" they were playing?

Daniel's_twin
May 13th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I couldn't make it out. :cool:

sg-1fanintn
May 13th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Well, this one was...odd. It was good, one of the betters this season, don't get me wrong...but Wayne Brady as a First Prime was just weird enough that I'm still slightly, well, weirded out.

What was good:
a. Maybourne! Joy! The man I love to hate! It was a little harder to intensely like him in this ep since he was actually acting like a halfway decent guy...but I still managed. Unfortunately, it'd doubtful that we'll see him again. This ep ended with something of a sense of closure.
b. Sam's reaction to the 'wives' comment. She's mellowed a bit since 'Emancipation'--the bit with Kytano in 'The Warrior' and Ba'al's "female Tauri" comment in 'Reckoning 2' for starters--but it'd comforting to know that she still gets her dander up sometimes.
c. RDA. Yay! "If I had a nickel..."

What wasn't:
a. I'll post something when I come up with it!

Last word: Wayne Brady?

I agree! And yeah.....Wayne Brady? Can you imagine what the outtakes were like?

Uber
May 14th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Does anybody know what "ditty" they were playing?
At first it kind of sounded like "In the Jungle"... You know, "In the Jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight..."

...but then it goes in a completely different direction.

In other words, I'm not sure either.

:D

fraG_fesT
May 15th, 2005, 01:50 AM
A thoroughly enjoyable episode :)

hollyshannensangel
May 15th, 2005, 10:24 AM
It was great to see Maybourne again. :D This episode was funny. Sadly, I think I'll have to watch the whole of this season again, because I can't remeber half of the scenes/lines in certain episodes. :o

Mandeep

Anubis345
May 15th, 2005, 10:34 AM
it had humor and i like to see Jack back off world it brings back memories

Stricken
May 25th, 2005, 04:54 AM
it had humor and i like to see Jack back off world it brings back memories

Yes the humor was back at a all time high, having Jack offworld was the best part IMO BB should have apeard in season 8 a 3 man team without Jack just aint the same

fair_nymph
June 1st, 2005, 01:24 PM
Well, I thought this episode was great, and the best of the season so far. I was very pleased. :)

As others have commented it was wonderful to see Jack off-world again, and the whole team working together, fulfilling their more traditional roles. I loved seeing Jack operate the time-jumper -- it always fun to see him be able to do stuff that Sam can't. I adore smart/intuitive Jack. I too would have liked to see more of Sam in command but the ep simply didn't allow for it. Oh well, let's just hope for the future.

I didn't realize how much I had missed maybourne! Since going good, I've been a real fan. I think he's hilarious, and I love how he interacts with Jack. He really *is* a good person when it comes down to it, and I like how he'd grown close to 'his' people and how he'd helped them. However, it does seem that he's lost a bit of his snarky sneakiness, which is a bit out of character.

I really want to know what happens to the time-jumper (yes, I know that we supposedly see more of it later on in the season but NO I don't want to be spoiled). I wish they'd shot as scene of Jack flying it through the gate or the prometheus coming to pick it up. I don't like how the writers leave loose ends like that when 30 sec would clear the matter up. I can't wait to see how the ship will be used!

I'm so pleased this season is shaping up so nicely, and from the sounds of it, continues on this path. :)

SilverRider
August 27th, 2005, 09:28 PM
This one was good :D :D :D

Love the "how does this effect us line from" Jack! :D Plus his reaction to Maybornes "wives" was great :)

corey2002
September 18th, 2005, 05:41 AM
couldnt they have met the ancient who made the tablet? wouldnt he have had to have BEEN there with them to chronicle the events that took place?

Daniel's_twin
September 18th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Yes, I've already observed that. But the Ancient who was there probably only wanted to chronicle the events, not interfere with the way things were going to turn out (tho I guess one could argue that just by making that pillar he interfered). :cool:

corey2002
September 18th, 2005, 01:34 PM
yes but im surprised that sg1 or mayboune didnt think about it. also im surprised that the ancient's jumper wasnt picked up on the radar of the one o'neill was flying

Daniel's_twin
September 18th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Something tells me they were thinking about other things at the time then finding the Ancient. Either that, or when they would get the chance to look for him/her, he/she would've already time-jumped. :cool:

harsiesis child
May 28th, 2006, 07:31 AM
one of the best episodes of the season! it is a pleasure to see one time again Harry Maybourne, there is humour, there are goa'ulds, the discovering of a time-jumper (clever crossover with SGA ;) ), a little of space battle...
very pleasant! :cool:

luthienberen
July 3rd, 2006, 11:58 AM
Maybourne was in it, Jack went offworld - always good things in my book and enough to keep me glued to the set.

Trek_Girl42
July 3rd, 2006, 02:10 PM
I love this ep- it was as good a follow-up to Paradise Lost as one could hope for (nothing beats Jack shooting Maybourne- twice). :jack:

valaCB
July 3rd, 2006, 11:45 PM
I love this episode so much!

captain jake
July 4th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Haha that was kinda random do you have a specific reason or do you just love it?

valaCB
July 9th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Haha that was kinda random do you have a specific reason or do you just love it?
Maybourne :)
He is the KING ;)

captain jake
July 9th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Good enough for me.

Trek_Girl42
July 9th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Maybourne is the man. :)

valaCB
July 10th, 2006, 03:48 AM
Maybourne is the man. :)
It will be so cool to see him with Vala :D

captain jake
July 10th, 2006, 04:45 AM
How do we know he will be coming back?

valaCB
July 10th, 2006, 04:50 AM
How do we know he will be coming back?
We don't know that but i really hope he will

captain jake
July 10th, 2006, 05:03 AM
Lot's of people think he wont be coming back.

Trek_Girl42
July 10th, 2006, 12:24 PM
He probably won't, the whole thing about his story was that he was a Nemesis/foil for Jack.....so it's unlikly.

captain jake
July 10th, 2006, 06:50 PM
The only way he will come back is if jack is in the episode.

Sheppard
July 15th, 2006, 10:42 PM
The only way he will come back is if jack is in the episode.

yeah i hope they do make another episode with mayborne and jack if their is a episode with mayborne in it he is always their with jack lol

Chaka's_Mum
August 15th, 2006, 04:12 AM
I'm with TrekGirl on this one - much as I've enjoyed His Majesty's journey from Smug Colonel to Absolute Monarch, I think he's run his course. There really isn't anywhere left for him to go now, and it was nice to see him end his time on a high.

Obviously, if someone could come up with a really good story for him, I wouldn't object; of course.:cool:

Slice of guango, anybody?;)

EarthandBeyond
September 6th, 2007, 02:26 PM
:jack: : Weapons
:jack: : Weapons
(2 shots fired)
:sam: : Keep firing, sir.
:jack: : Nothing's happening.
:sam: : Weapons must be depleted. Hopefully you hit some vital systems.
(Ha'tak blews up)

Wow, so much for beeing a Sci-fi show.
Who needs a ZPM with an Ancient OutPost, when you can have a small Puddlejumper wiping out Ha'taks like fly's!

Trek_Girl42
September 22nd, 2007, 06:04 PM
I'm with TrekGirl on this one - much as I've enjoyed His Majesty's journey from Smug Colonel to Absolute Monarch, I think he's run his course. There really isn't anywhere left for him to go now, and it was nice to see him end his time on a high.

Obviously, if someone could come up with a really good story for him, I wouldn't object; of course.:cool:

Slice of guango, anybody?;)
Yeah, he has probably run his course sadly. Though I still would say no to a return either, if it were a really good story. But this was a lovely cap-off for a wonderful character. :P

*takes Guango* Thanks! :D

naonak77
March 7th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I Was excited to hear Wayne Brady was going to be on SG-1. Thought he would play a funny & crazy character. I've never been more disapointed in a guest star. Poor use of what could have been a great guest star.:(

garhkal
March 7th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Who did he play?

Teddybrown
March 25th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I think the overwhelming coolness of this episode can be summed up in the following sentence:

A Puddle Jumper blew up a friggin' Ha'tak!!!! :P

:jack: Weapons
:jack: Weapons
(2 shots fired)
:sam: Keep firing, sir.
:jack:Nothing's happening.
:sam:Weapons must be depleted. Hopefully you hit some vital systems.
(Ha'tak blews up)

Wow, so much for beeing a Sci-fi show.
Who needs a ZPM with an Ancient OutPost, when you can have a small Puddlejumper wiping out Ha'taks like fly's!

Lolz
I agree with the Ha'tak part
How on earth did 2 Puddle jumper missiles blow up the Ha'tak
Could have been more of a space battle though
Overall good episode
Wanna see it again!!!

SG1FanOregon
August 3rd, 2008, 08:45 PM
All in all I think it was a great episode. Never cared much for Maybourne in the beginning, but ever since he helped Jack get evidence against Kinsey & reinstate Gen. Hammond I've seen that deep down he's a good guy. Maybourne's just more into fighting dirty when it comes to defeating scum. I'm glad he finally did well for himself.

MmmmMcKAy
August 22nd, 2008, 04:14 PM
Great to see Jack off-world again. I miss that. Love seeing Maybourne again...that rascal.

Puddle jumper = cool too.

Nemises
September 2nd, 2008, 04:18 PM
i still cant understand why they left the puddle jumper ? it fits in perfectly in startgate atlantis and all stargates are of the same size.

Rac80
September 2nd, 2008, 04:26 PM
One of my absolutely favorite episodes, gotta love maybourne the scoundrel! he does it so charmingly! ;)

L E E
September 19th, 2008, 01:24 AM
One of my absolutely favorite episodes, gotta love maybourne the scoundrel! he does it so charmingly! ;)

ditto on maybourne. i sure do miss the guy.

Automission
December 30th, 2008, 04:49 AM
So, can someone clarify something. The ancient who went back in time to write the prophecy on the stones. How did he do it? I mean, did he go back in time, live his life there, then write the wall before dying?
I thought about this, but he can't have, as so many of those things were hundreds of years ago, and still in the future from when we saw.

So did he go the future, learn from the locals of the history, then went back a few hundred years and write it on the walls? More importantly, what happened to him after he had written the prophecy? His Puddle jumper is still there, I doubt he'd leave his time machine when leaving.

So my other thought was had he gone back in time only, then lived out his life before dying, but this brings me back to the items written in the future, as surely he couldn't live that long.

leiasky
December 30th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Time travel episodes make my head hurt. This must be why I don't like them. LOL!

In a season 5 episode of Atlantis, wasn't it revealed that it was the Ancient Jamus who was the one who time travelled in this SG-1 episode? I thought I heard or read that. I've only seen a select few of the Atlantis season 5 episodes.

Anyway, if that is the case, I really like how they tie in SG-1 and Atlantis storylines.

gateship15
January 1st, 2009, 03:40 PM
i like how they tie atlantas with stargate sg1 but i also believe that they may have used the back in time to many times like the diffrent worlds it is great to see but gets boring if done to many times. anyway back to the subject of this episode this is an episode i kind of like. i love the history and dislike between jack and maybourne in any episode they are both in and again in this episode

Ziel
January 7th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I'm pretty sure that it was Janus's Puddle Jumper and time-machine. They did bring the Jumper back with them seeing as its mentioned and used again in season 8.
Janus had created a similar time-machine in the other time-line shown in ''Before I sleep'' in Stargate Atlantis.

gateship15
January 7th, 2009, 10:11 PM
yes but the Atlantis puddle jumper in that episode was destroyed so he had to have made another on earth

Ziel
January 12th, 2009, 12:03 AM
I agree with that. He definately made a second time-machine and PJ.

gateship15
January 12th, 2009, 12:28 AM
i always wandered what would have happened if the others found out he made another

Ziel
January 12th, 2009, 04:41 AM
His response might have been something like ''It wasn't me!''.Lol
But seriously he might have suffered the Anicent equivalent of being court-martcled

Dinoman
April 23rd, 2009, 05:19 PM
Jack looks happier and performs better in his off-world missions than as a General doing paperworks! He definitely misses going off-world, me too!

Nice to see Maybourne again and doing well in his small kingdom, with wivesssss!!

_Ancients_
April 23rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
I actually liked Maybourne. You never knew what side he was on, then eventually you find out he is on his own side.

Hornet
May 4th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I love this episode, lots of good laughs

Jack and Maybourne together always makes a very entertaining episode.

And I really miss seeing Jack going offworld. Its just not the same without him. So seeing him here was really great.

Jimbob041106
May 4th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I think the overwhelming coolness of this episode can be summed up in the following sentence:

A Puddle Jumper blew up a friggin' Ha'tak!!!! :P

It was a great episode. Pity to see Wayne Brady wasn't in it much, but he was very good.

Agreed.

WishIwasJoes
May 28th, 2009, 10:45 AM
:jack: One of the best of the season. It was great to see jack off world again but anything with Mayborn is always a plus. It was so damn funny to see him as king.

"Hail to the king baby!" :jack_new_anime04::jack_new_anime07:

vzzzzzbx
July 2nd, 2009, 04:40 PM
Great episode, I agree it was definately one of the best of the season - in fact just like SG-1 was in the early seasons with the whole original team in action offworld together. Plus any episode with good old Maybourne in is usually a good un'.

100th post, woo hoo.

rushy
November 24th, 2009, 05:08 AM
I,Super-Ford say that i like Maybourne

Tachyon
November 26th, 2009, 02:53 AM
I just watched this episode yesterday. It's definitely one of my favs from season 8. It's fun, all four are off world again and Mayborne has his moments. Lovin' this!

Ukko
November 26th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I just rewached this episode:D

So, you made general.

You made king:D:D

Commander Zelix
November 26th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Great episode. This episode got a special place for me since I watched it for the first time after the end of the series.

Tachyon
November 26th, 2009, 07:44 PM
So, you made general.

You made king:D:D

"It's not a competition, Jack".
(Or something like that)

Ha ha. :P

gateship15
November 28th, 2009, 11:16 PM
ha ha ha i love that line

AresLover452
November 28th, 2009, 11:23 PM
this is one of the few from S8 that I actually like... lol!! Cause Jack goes off world.!!

gateship15
November 28th, 2009, 11:42 PM
its not the same if jack doesn't

AresLover452
November 28th, 2009, 11:44 PM
It's really not. Jack out in the field is always awesome and bound tho be entertaining even in the face of mortal danger.

gateship15
November 28th, 2009, 11:47 PM
i think his at his best when in danger

leiasky
November 29th, 2009, 07:36 AM
i think his at his best when in danger

I agree.

And its just fun to see Jack and Mayborne interact.

gateship15
November 29th, 2009, 09:47 PM
lol it always is. there interaction is very entertaining

Alan Wake
November 29th, 2009, 09:50 PM
lol it always is. there interaction is very entertaining

I agree too. Jack and maybourne are great together.

gateship15
November 29th, 2009, 09:52 PM
definitely since they keep fighting

Alan Wake
November 29th, 2009, 09:53 PM
They used to fight early on in the show, but I think as it went on the 2 actually began to become friends.

gateship15
November 29th, 2009, 09:55 PM
lol i agree

mrscopterdoc
March 31st, 2010, 12:40 PM
I am actually starting to like Maybourne! Good seeing Jack off-world again.

rushy
July 3rd, 2010, 10:30 AM
I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! As soon as I heard the word:Maybourne.

Girlbot
July 3rd, 2010, 04:35 PM
Loved Maybourne. Wouldnt you know he'd come out on top :D

Burns
July 4th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I see maybourne as an early IOA (if SG1 or SGA went on) you remove it and put it away but it still grows back stronger later. Maybourne became that.

maneth
November 15th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Cool to see Maybourne again, and Jack off-world too.
Not to mention Daniel in the cowl! <---

chaapa-ai
November 17th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Super-puddle jumper to the rescue! Always enjoy a Maybourne episode too!

Good the cowl is in vogue on so many worlds (they do use it often) 8)

Not a fan of the overuse of the medieval set (and it only gets worse from here) ... ;)

KimCheeWarrior
September 3rd, 2011, 04:03 PM
now this is more like it. for the first time in season 8, the episode entitled "its good to be the king" really feels like the sg-1 of old once again. most of this season has felt really alien to me up until this point but this episode brought back some of the joy of watching sg-1 once again. most of this is probably attributed to the fact that for the first time in this season, o'neill actually has a scene that isnt at sgc. in fact, for much of the episode, he is actually on a off world mission with the rest of the gang. whats even more hilarious is when at one point he says, "god i miss going off world!" after an encounter with overzealous townspeople with crossbows. this is the best episode ive seen in this season so far and it really says something when its the first episode of the season where o'neill actually goes off world. add onto that wayne brady's bizarre appearance as trelak and it just tops it all off as the best episode of the season yet. cant wait to see what the rest of the season has to offer.

Snowman37
September 3rd, 2011, 05:11 PM
I hate to get technical, but this is O'Neill's second episode off world. You're forgetting "New Order, Part 2," but granted... that was before his promotion. :P Anyway, if you love this episode, you're going to love "Moebius!"

KimCheeWarrior
September 3rd, 2011, 05:37 PM
yes, my mistake, i meant it was his first off world appearance since new order.

Snowman37
September 3rd, 2011, 06:03 PM
It's not the last time he goes off world either. :D

mathpiglet
March 19th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Love it! Anything to do with time travel or a hint thereof is good IMHO. Maybourne is funny, good conflict.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
March 19th, 2012, 03:32 PM
This was a fun episode.

Maybourne was nice to us again (the character has developed so much).
SG-1 (+Jack) has taken out another Goa'uld System Lord. I forget what the tally is running at.
Whenever I see Wayne Brady, I see Comedic actor, not a drama actor.

I realized something watching this episode. If you watch this episode without seeing any episode of Atlantis, the Jumper looks like a mysterious Ancient ship.

Tomorrow, Kinsey's back.

Krisz
March 19th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Another favourite episode of the season and more Jack in it, always a good thing. :D

"God, I miss goin' offworld! Oh, yeah!" Jack cries happily even as he and Sam are in a standoff with some of Maybourne's angry subjects.

A humbled and likeable Maybourne, who'd have thought it?! The journey Maybourne has travelled as loveable rogue has been totally enjoyable. His interactions with Jack just worked so well. I just loved Jack's jaw dropping on seeing that the people he thought Maybourne was deceiving for his own gain again genuinely liked him and respected him as a good leader. This was a wonderful close to the Maybourne arc, he's happy and really a good guy at heart. :)

Always love seeing Jack using the abilities the Ancient gene gives him. It's interesting how here he embraced it and came to help rather than trying to play it down and leave it to others. At this point it was known that there was a genetic ability in some people after the likes of Sheppard and Beckett had used the chair in Antarctica as well as Jack.

Lieutenant Sparrow
March 20th, 2012, 01:01 AM
It's so great to see Jack off world with the team. And even better to see him and Maybourne together.

Our first look at a puddle jumper (assuming you haven't seen Atlantis of course) it will be used again later in the series.

That ends another system lord. The Ha'tak was destroyed way to easily.

garhkal
March 20th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Yea it was.. though do you think that shows drones are potent, or was it cause jack knew where to hit it...?

Lieutenant Sparrow
March 20th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I think he just got lucky :)

Jae'a
March 21st, 2012, 10:47 AM
My LiveJournal post (http://jo-r-lee.livejournal.com/44533.html)

Oma De Salad
March 21st, 2012, 12:00 PM
Yay! More Maybourne. Always scheming away, working a few angles. I had just as much fun on a Rewatch as the first time - although it lacked the "Oh no, its Maybourne again" feeling of the first time I saw it :)

The interplay with Jack and Maybourne was so well done - the timing and delivery is perfect. Classic!

jelgate
March 24th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Finally! An episode that actually goes off world and features the team. The fact that they did actually wind up using Jack in this episode leads me to believe that the writers were afraid to make an SG1 without O'Neill and is why I really dislike this season. Because of the Jack crutch we never really saw SG-1 in S8. As for the episode itself I like it. Unlike Paradise Lost I really like the Jack and Maybourne interaction. They really do work well off another. I especially like Jack's reaction at the end of the episode to the discovery that Maybourne has wives. The whole Ancient ship's impact is kind of diminished if you haven't seen Atlantis. The whole mystery of the ship and how the Ancients mastered timeline is clueless if you haven't seen the other show but its still easily followed if you haven't seen the show. I love Wayne Brady so I loved seeing him interact in the show even if its radically different from roles he has done in the past.

Matt G
March 24th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Another ep of SG1...

1. Well this was the first appearance of a Puddle Jumper in SG1 and it was a bit of a laugh seeing our old crew struggling to deal with something that was the bread and butter of the newer show.

2. Wasn't the ditty meant to be the McGuyvver themetune or something?

3. Maybourne creating a legal system!

4. "You are a man of your word" "Indeed".

An improvement on the last ep.

Cluas
February 11th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Enjoyed seeing Maybourne again. And the puddle jumper. It was a good episode.

:indeed:

garhkal
February 19th, 2013, 02:55 PM
I wonder.. If S11 had been given the ok would we have gone back here to read that plinth?

sg1A
February 20th, 2013, 06:35 AM
"God , im miss going offworld!"
Dnt know if it was the exact quote of O'neil but it was good to see him go offworld.

hedwig
February 20th, 2013, 07:38 AM
I wonder.. If S11 had been given the ok would we have gone back here to read that plinth?

Maybe. But we probably would have only heard about it in a passing comment by Daniel.

Baron Of Hell
July 30th, 2013, 03:36 PM
You would think a ship with a time travel device in it would be better hidden. Or maybe the ancient left it out so it would be easy to find because he seen he did that in the future. Uh oh brain melting.

Good episode. Starsky and Hutch ride again.

garhkal
August 3rd, 2013, 02:48 PM
Maybe. But we probably would have only heard about it in a passing comment by Daniel.

Also, if the Ori got to that planet, i wonder what they would have made of the plinth/ Or the thor's hammer, or the sentinel./

garhkal
August 3rd, 2013, 02:48 PM

Also, if the Ori got to that planet, i wonder what they would have made of the plinth/ Or the thor's hammer, or the sentinel./

sgelite
August 7th, 2013, 05:30 PM
So I'm watching this episode and wondering, if the time machine was still there for sg1 to find, where was or is the time travelling ancient who was piloting it?

Baron Of Hell
August 7th, 2013, 05:52 PM
I think he left it there for them to find. Hmmm but how did he get home then. Good question.

garhkal
August 8th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Perhaps he didn't. Maybe he stayed to write the monolith that 'foretold' of sg1.

Girlbot
August 8th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Figures that Maybourne would land on his feet.:D
Nice to see him again in this episode

Janet Fraiser
August 3rd, 2015, 03:26 PM
Maybourne! It's always a good time when he's involved. He was the only character who made "Desperate Measures" bearable for me.

What a fun ep. I was very happy to see SG-1 in a puddle jumper, as I don't remember that happening at all in this show. Then again, I first watched SGA after finishing SG-1, so, as someone has mentioned above, it probably had little impact on me.

I'd like to see Maybourne again in the future, but I can't remember if he ever shows up again. This seemed like his final send-off, but, then again, so did his last episode.

Again, what a strange season. I feel as though I only like every other episode at most, and I'm really missing Jack now. I don't know why I assumed he was still going to be part of the team until the cast changes in season nine. Probably because he's still front and center on the DVD box. *sigh*

Anja
October 9th, 2015, 01:37 AM
Funny ep - Maybourne, the king and O'Neill, the General. Together funny as always. A little fight, some hurly-burly - good.

Garan
July 2nd, 2018, 07:08 PM
My favorite episode!

BethHG
July 21st, 2018, 09:21 AM
Loved this episode. It's great to see Maybourne again, and Jack joining the old team.:)

Knowing that Wayne Brady is supposed to be the bad guy, and actually seeing him as the bad guy didn't quite mesh for me. I have just seen too many episodes of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?", and I kept wanting him to break out in song. :p

AleksisMi
July 22nd, 2018, 10:35 PM
its a time ship whos builder traveled forward and for all we know was there at the time jack launched the missiles and rigged the hatack to blow up from wihtin it etc