Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Panther (Marvel) - Movie News/Discussion/Speculation

Marvel's hiring writers

Marvel will invite up to five writers each year to work on specific projects, said a source familiar with the deal. Those could include staffers behind Marvel's comicbooks. Tenpercenteries around town are currently pitching potential candidates with writing samples.

The company will provide the specific pitches it wants the scribes to tackle. Those could involve certain plot points for movies already in development or characters it would like to see in its future film slate.

Gathering of scribes will help Marvel come up with creative ways to launch its lesser-known properties, such as Black Panther, Cable, Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Nighthawk and Vision.

http://www.variety.com/VR1118001734.html

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje In Talks To Play "Black Panther"!

Lost's Mr Eko and star of "GI Joe" has met with Marvel to discuss playing the African warrior-king.

"We're talking to Marvel about 'Black Panther,'" Akinnuoye-Agbaje told MTV News. "This is the first round, so you know, hopefully they'll look at 'G.I. Joe' and see the potential. But it's about time we have a black superhero, isn't it?"

"He's from a fictional village in Africa and the timing is so right for that kind of character to come through," he said. "And while I'm in my prime, this is the time. We've got [U.S. President Barack] Obama, now we need something on screen to represent, so... 'Panther,' man."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...e/news/?a=8799

Back in 1998 I heard Wesley Snipes was going to do this. Then recently I heard Chiwetel Ejiofor and Djimon Hounsou were rumoured for the role. Now Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje. Any one of these guys would be perfect. Except Snipes!
    Last edited by GuHNDoi; 28 July 2009, 01:52 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

cool, i hope it is linked in with Cap, with vibranium and stuff.
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

More From Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje On Playing "Black Panther"

Black Panther is one superhero, I'm sure you would all agree, is long overdue for the movie treatment.

And there is hope that we may see one soon if the talented Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje has his way! In an interview with Blackfilm, he revealed that the rights to the character have reverted back to Marvel...

"It's now up for grabs and I'm doing the grabbing. I've always had a passion to play a superhero, and now it appears to be becoming real. We're in talks with Marvel to play one of my favorite superheroes, which is obviously Black Panther. There is truth to that, the fact that we are talking. It would be a boyhood dream to have that materialized. I was at Comic Con this year and the timing for such a character to come to life couldn't be more appropriate. I would love to be the one to wear the suit and go out and represent."

There's no doubt he'd represent very well , and just in case anyone from Marvel is reading, Agbaje would like to stress why he's right pick for the role.

"I'd like to convey an element of him that is real and raw ... I can make this guy real ... I would bring some elements from my culture, which is Nigeria. I'm from an area which is known for its regalty. In fact, my name, Adewale, means the crown has come home, the crown is here. Together, with that rawness, and the regalty because he is an African prince, I would love to bring out the cultural elements of my background to it."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...e/news/?a=9078

Comment

Marvel Planning On Introducing New Characters With Short Films?

Latino Review has an exclusive report on their site which claims that Marvel Studios are planning on bringing even more of their characters into the movie universe they started with Iron Man by using a series of 10 minute short movies to be shown in front of their upcoming feature length films. Whether this will happen as soon as next year with Thor and The First Avenger: Captain America is unclear but below is an excerpt from the site that indicates it's a plan that's already in motion:

"Got a scoop from a well trusted source that Marvel/Disney are looking at doing 10 minute short films in front of their feature length movies that will introduce secondary characters like Black Panther, Luke Cage, Dr. Strange, etc."

"I have no other information on this. Such as what movie they plan on starting this with (Avengers maybe?) or what character(s) they plan on introducing first."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=19277

Comment

Wonder if Storm will be in this? and if Helle Berry will play her
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
              Wonder if Storm will be in this? and if Helle Berry will play her
              Unlikely since Marvel doesnt have the movie rights to the character.

Comment

SDCC 10: What's After Avengers?

During a roundtable interview for Thor tonight at San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige addressed the company's rough plan for post-2012. "What happens after {Avengers} is what's being discussed now. Obviously, you've heard about Doctor Strange. I've been a vocal fan of Strange for a long time. Black Panther, I think, I mentioned recently. Fraction and Brubaker's reinvention of Iron Fist has gotten me excited to do some version of that in our world."

That was something that we had been discussing in very small meetings, which clearly somebody there had microphones in. (laughter) There's nothing actively being done with that. In the discussions of 'How do we do more with more of our characters?' and characters that may not fit in giant Ken Branagh-sized films, but who we'd love to bring to life somehow."

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/110/1108389p1.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                  Marvel Planning On Introducing New Characters With Short Films?

Latino Review has an exclusive report on their site which claims that Marvel Studios are planning on bringing even more of their characters into the movie universe they started with Iron Man by using a series of 10 minute short movies to be shown in front of their upcoming feature length films. Whether this will happen as soon as next year with Thor and The First Avenger: Captain America is unclear but below is an excerpt from the site that indicates it's a plan that's already in motion:

"Got a scoop from a well trusted source that Marvel/Disney are looking at doing 10 minute short films in front of their feature length movies that will introduce secondary characters like Black Panther, Luke Cage, Dr. Strange, etc."

"I have no other information on this. Such as what movie they plan on starting this with (Avengers maybe?) or what character(s) they plan on introducing first."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=19277
                  I like this idea, 10 minute short films. It's a great way to test the waters with some characters, and I think it could help them out when it comes to deciding who gets a movie next.

sigpic

Comment

Marvel Considering 'Iron Fist' & 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Movies, 'Black Panther' & 'Guardians Of The Galaxy,' Too!

Beyond "Runaways," little is known about Marvel's plans for how to proceed once "The Avengers" lands in theaters. Speaking with MTV News, Marvel studio chief Kevin Feige discussed some of the possible projects they're looking at as follow-ups to the "Avengers" franchise once all's said and done on Iron Man, Thor and Captain America's first big screen team-up.

"I think what Ed Brubaker and Matt Fraction have done with 'Iron Fist' lately is exciting," Feige told MTV News. "I think 'Black Panther' and Wakanda has some amazing potential to be a feature film. 'Doctor Strange,' as you've mentioned. There are some obscure titles, too, like 'Guardians of the Galaxy.' I think they've been revamped recently in a fun way in the book."

Of course, Marvel already has its fair share of established characters that could carry their own film, such as War Machine, Black Widow and — most especially, considering his reported nine picture deal — Samuel L. Jackson's very own Nick Fury. Is it possible that fans will ever see a Fury-centric film? "I think the answer is yes," said Feige. "I think S.H.I.E.L.D. could be it's own franchise. I think, frankly, 'The Avengers' is going to be told from that point of view more so than any of the other films at that point, so we're going to get an inside look [at how S.H.I.E.L.D.] operates."

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/08/06...of-the-galaxy/

Comment

"Black Panther" In Development With Marvel Studios

The king known as T'Challa may loom large in the Marvel Universe and the hearts of many of its comic-reading fans, but for the hero known as the Black Panther, the path to wider fame and film fortunes has been a tougher road.

However, today that road may have gotten a little easier as word is out that Marvel Studios has set the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby-created character (Marvel's first Black superhero) back into development. The Hollywood Reporter has the news that Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige has tapped documentary filmmaker Mark Bailey to write a draft of a new "Panther" screenplay.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=30444

Comment

The Black Panther is one of the few Marvel Super-Heroes that holds no interest for me.
                        sigpic
                        Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Working...
                        X