This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highlander

The original movie was a classic. Highlander had a good story, a great soundtrack, sword-fighting, Sean Connery - most near everything you could wish for. Then they had to go and to the second film, and the third, and the TV series, and the fourth film... The trouble is the original film was sort of a one-of-a-kind. Regardless of the respective merits (or not) of the rest of the franchise, Highlander (in my mind) lived by the original maxim of "There can be only one". I always felt that way about the films too. What does anyone else think?
    sum ergo cogitum
    I am therefore I think.

I got into the series first, about six episodes into Season 1. Really liked it, up until the last year, then it kind of got silly and went down hill. Saw the first movie around the end of Season 2, and basically figured that you had to look at it as an alternate universe since Connor shows back up in the series. Then saw Movie #2, thought it was good, and managed to tie in to the first one. Then came #3, another alternate timeline apparently. And let's not even talk about #4. I just try real hard to pretend it never happened.
    sigpic

Comment

i was watching in compony of my sister, it was fun...but i never REALLY got into, it...but i'm alway sglad to see the movies

Comment

I loved the first movie (Christopher Lambert rules, by the way.) The Quickening was a little off... but The Final Demension was actually pretty good, in my opinion. As for Endgame... well, I'd just like to ignore the fact that it even exists. I watched the series a few times, but for some reason I just couldn't get into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Rivet
          I loved the first movie (Christopher Lambert rules, by the way.) The Quickening was a little off... but The Final Demension was actually pretty good, in my opinion. As for Endgame... well, I'd just like to ignore the fact that it even exists. I watched the series a few times, but for some reason I just couldn't get into it.
          I loved the concept. Of course I have Scottish ancestry waaay back. Christopher Lambert and Adrian Paul were both wonderful. I miss it.

Slighty to the left of the subject...isn't my avatar Adrian Paul's wife in real life? I saw her on "Highlander" a couple times. When she played the Jaffa priestess on "Stargate SG1". I thought I recognised her, but I don't know her name.

Challenge. Can anyone name another actor who was on "Highlander", the series. and "Stargate, SG1", in a recurring role on both shows?
          Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
            Slighty to the left of the subject...isn't my avatar Adrian Paul's wife in real life? I saw her on "Highlander" a couple times. When she played the Jaffa priestess on "Stargate SG1". I thought I recognised her, but I don't know her name.
            Musetta Vander. I don't know what her relationship to Adrian Paul is... but I seem to remember her being in one of the Mortal kombat films (the one without Christopher Lambert, ironically.) I'm not entirely sure how/why I remember that... I haven't seen either of those movies in years

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Rivet
              Musetta Vander. I don't know what her relationship to Adrian Paul is... but I seem to remember her being in one of the Mortal kombat films (the one without Christopher Lambert, ironically.) I'm not entirely sure how/why I remember that... I haven't seen either of those movies in years
              Well I looked, and I was wrong. Her name is Meilani Paul. She was in "The Butterfly Effect" this year.

Musetta Vander has been on everything science fiction and fantasy, including "Highlander", so now I understand the mix-up.

And, yes, she was in "Mortal Combat".

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                Challenge. Can anyone name another actor who was on "Highlander", the series. and "Stargate, SG1", in a recurring role on both shows?
                Oh easy. The oh so thunkable Peter Wingfield, aka Methos/Adam and Tannith/Hebron. IMHO where the series went wrong in the last season was when they decided to play up Amanda and give her the spin-off series instead of Methos.
                sigpic

Comment

There is Joe Black Duncan Mclouds watcher,Methos the ancient imortal who so happend to also play Tannith on stargate Sg1.Amanda the theif Imortal who eventually gets her own series Highlander the raven which gets caned after season1

Endgame was Poop! Connor Mcloud getting killed by Duncan because he forced him into a deul to the death so that atleast one of them would be strong enough to kill Khalis.It was sh*t , I would have hoped for Connor and Duncan to fight together instead of this stupidness.
                  The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Originally posted by Ann_Ominous
                    Oh easy. The oh so thunkable Peter Wingfield, aka Methos/Adam and Tannith/Hebron. IMHO where the series went wrong in the last season was when they decided to play up Amanda and give her the spin-off series instead of Methos.
                    You have now been awarded one award point. I hope it's green. There's some mysterious formula for when that will happen.

Hatusu, Trivia Queen Pharoah

Comment

Does anyone agree that the second film in many ways reduced Highlander to a much more.. I' don't know, infantile level? It just seemed to be making a joke of the whole thing, the whole coming from another planet thing... it was stupid. Especially since Connor and Ramirez wer both called Connor and Ramirez on their home planet. And then what? They just HAPPENED to be transplanted into cultures where those names were common? That bit really TICKED me off!!!
                      sum ergo cogitum
                      I am therefore I think.

Comment

nothing after the original movie compares to it.

the second was ok, it tied into the first which was ok but the alien immortals part sucked. the hoverboard fight was cool but other than that it didn't have anything great. the third was just a mess. it took nothing from the past 2 movies into consideration. Endgame was ok to me. i don't consider it the 4 movie but as a sequel to the series which i liked and occasionally watch and because i don't consider it to the the 4th movie i don't compare it to the first but to the series.

a 5th movie is also being done and is called Highlander: The Source. considering it isn't called Highlander 4 or 5, i won't consider it a part of the movie but as a part of the series and considering it has Paul Wingfield as Methos it is probably going to be a sequel to Endgame/the series and not the first 3 movies

i did like the animated series, but hey, i was 10 when i watched it

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bast
                          There is Joe Black Duncan Mclouds watcher.
                          Duncan's watcher was Joe Dawson.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                            nothing after the original movie compares to it.

the second was ok, it tied into the first which was ok but the alien immortals part sucked. the hoverboard fight was cool but other than that it didn't have anything great. the third was just a mess. it took nothing from the past 2 movies into consideration. Endgame was ok to me. i don't consider it the 4 movie but as a sequel to the series which i liked and occasionally watch and because i don't consider it to the the 4th movie i don't compare it to the first but to the series.
                            I actually thought more of the third film than I did the second. Sure, there were a lot of problems with it, but I still preferred it to the second which, though it MAY seem to tie-in better, just didn't really do it for me like I said. I didn't fully understand the fourth film completely as I hadn't seen much of the series, but I'd say that in my opinion it wasn't great.

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                            a 5th movie is also being done and is called Highlander: The Source. considering it isn't called Highlander 4 or 5, i won't consider it a part of the movie but as a part of the series and considering it has Paul Wingfield as Methos it is probably going to be a sequel to Endgame/the series and not the first 3 movies

i did like the animated series, but hey, i was 10 when i watched it
                            I actually thought more of the third film than I did the second. Sure, there were a lot of problems with it, but I still preferred it to the second which, though it MAY seem to tie-in better, just didn't really do it for me like I said. I didn't fully understand the fourth film completely as I hadn't seen much of the series, but I'd say that in my opinion it wasn't great.

Could it be a prequel? If it's looking at Methos it'd be quite interesting to explore his Four Horsemen phase if that hadn't been covered already in the series. I assume Christopher Lambert won't be in it if it is a sequel, what with him being dead and all that, but it's not really Highlander without him.
                            And the animated series was fun.
                            sum ergo cogitum
                            I am therefore I think.

Comment

I'm actually quite confused.

I saw Highlander, and I loved it. Then I saw Highlander End game...

What other movies of them have there been and what's the synopsis?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X