instead of railguns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

instead of railguns?

does any one agree with me that instead of haveing railguns we should just use either a smaller version of the asgard beam tech, that fires small pulses af plasma rather than a beam, for an anti fighter defence or maybe its time we used the goa'uld staff cannon tech and adapted that to fit on a 304, would save them running out of ammo in a lengthy fire fight?

I like the rail guns and I don't think the Asgard uber beams should be used on every tauri ship...afterall if the lucian alliance steal a ship again they could steal the tech.

Another energy based weapon built by the Tauri based on the ha'tak cannon would give any ship a added boost.

sigpic

Comment

i like the railguns rapid fire but instead of using lead/naquada as ammo we should instead use plasma
      sigpic

Comment

the x-699 is a plasma based weapon.

sigpic

Comment

lead is not a good elment to make them from it is 2 soft

Comment

Originally posted by guppy338 View Post
            lead is not a good elment to make them from it is 2 soft
            melts too easy and poor conductor too

Comment

The railguns are a waste for close in support. We should have shielded goalkeepers and M134s for point defense with just a few railguns. We could have the puff the magic dragon of outer space.

Comment

There is one big element though that makes Railguns stay in operation. While they might be expensive on earth how much do you think plasma weapons would cost? We don't have slave armies, and they have to hide all of this in the US AF's budget while still doing all the rest of the AF jobs. Which might explain the 50 dollar toilet seats and 15 dollar hammers
                My Tep senses are tingling.

That I will have to edit is assumed.

Comments and critiques are always welcome. Please, tell me what you think.

Comment

a scaled down version of them would be userful against small fighters....you have a point on the goa'uld weapons though...they've been able to get ahold of goa'uld weapons and a few ships for years now...dont see why they didn't atleast put goa'uld pulse weapons on f-302's...

Comment

because those damned things are terribly inaccurate

www.darkarmada.nl
                    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

with our targetting systems? big increase in accuracy.
                      sigpic

Comment

All of the above weapons require power the 304 doesn't have. The priority power requiremnent's, in a fight, are the shields and APBW. The railguns, in comparison, require very little to power to run. And we've seen, that against a Hive, if you point and shoot in the general direction of the hanger it can cause mass destruction amongst the darts and even cause a lot of internal damage. And we've also seen against the hulls of ships that they can also pack a decent punch (see BAMSR and the damage the Replicator ships took before they could raise their shields).

Comment

why even care about fighters? we have shields, what can a dart POSSIBLY do? the only thing they CAN do is intercept missiles, but APBW's solve that.

why even waste plasma on fighters? good old bullets do the job. or just temporarily expand the shield and swathe them like a fly

Comment

Yea, i always thought fighters would be useless in space battles against shielded ships, railguns or their replacement could be usefull against medium craft, like alkesh, that are too fast for other weapons to track, but could do some damage to a capital ship.....eventualy...

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

It has been stated that go'uld weapons are designed for terror and not true power. The statement was made about staff weapons in comparison to P-90s but the principle still holds. They are large, slow firing, heavy on power consumption, and don't do that much real damage. Against a planet that can't fight back they work great, but they don't seem to noticeably lower the power of any of the big boys' shields.
                              My Tep senses are tingling.

That I will have to edit is assumed.

Comments and critiques are always welcome. Please, tell me what you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X