Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help finding old 80's Made for TV sci-fi movie!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help finding old 80's Made for TV sci-fi movie!

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me find this made for TV movie. It was from the late 80's to maybe the early 90's. It was on one of the major networks of the time as we didn't have cable.

It was about a space ship and its crew in the far future. The ship was run by a adult crew that help train and teach the younger "student" crew. It was some kind of a deep space working school for cadets or something. Everyone was wearing a black type uniform that resembled a cadet uniform. Some of the teachers wore white uniforms. The captain had some kind of relationship with one of the teachers on the ship that was also serving as some kind of doctor/scientist role. The ship was very sparse in its furnishings and most of it was large open spaces with a lot of black shinny surfaces and windows to the outside so that you could see outer space. The vessel had work stations that were just rounded and low to the ground and separate from each other and made from the same kind of black shinny material.

So in the story there is some kind of war or battle breaks out and the fleet and the home planet(earth?) get taken out. The captain gets into a argument with his girlfriend about how to proceed in a war with all the students on board. They travel to a planet where they are looking to get the non-military staff and students off the ship but find its been destroyed.

They find some kind of cylinder or probe in orbit around the planet. They take it aboard as they detect life in it. They open it up and there is a very tall well built man in a blue jump suit inside. He looks kind of scared on his face and has long scraggly dark hair. His right hand is missing and replaced with some kind of silver hand shaped prosthetic device/sensor. Think Borg style thing but more smooth and streamlined and silver.

They scan him and it turns out the guy in the blue jumpsuit is some kind of weapon the enemy turns people into. The Doctor wants to save/help him and the Captain wants to get rid of him. So the guy goes nuts for a while and they manage to get him to remember who he is and what happened to him. They get him to help find who did this to him and started the war.

That's all I got. Anyone have any idea what show this was. I have the feeling it was some kind of made for TV movie for a Saturday/ Sunday night thing. It might have been a 2 hour pilot for show that never took off. Please let me know if you can give me any info on it. Thanks!

bump!

Comment

Working...
    X