Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farscape: Gone and Back comic book (SPOILER DISCUSSION!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape: Gone and Back comic book (SPOILER DISCUSSION!)

Might as well make a thread for the whole run instead of just each issue, as these runs are pretty small.

Anyway, I grabbed this yesterday. I'm not very good at reviewing of comics so I'll just list some thoughts:

I'm glad to get back to the here and now (at least for the moment )

It's nice to see so many characters from the show (though it is almost becoming too much with these books, like "let's see how many we can cram into each series")

It's a little bit of a shell shock to get back into Tommy Patterson's art, as I had started getting used to the last run. They have very distinct styles. I think he makes some great panels, but the characters mostly don't look much like the actors.

I'm liking how this particular UR is so different (more like how they are done in SG-1, not previous Farscape episodes).

First 7 pages:

http://www.comixology.com/previews/MAY090742/0/
    Last edited by Randy_Watson; 24 July 2009, 03:11 AM.

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
    Thanks for the link to those first pages. I can't wait to get this in the mail.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Rygel: "It's my only guarantee of intelligent conversation." ie. talking to himself. lol!

Looks pretty good so far.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
        Rygel: "It's my only guarantee of intelligent conversation." ie. talking to himself. lol!

Looks pretty good so far.
        Yeah, it really does. And I am so glad they have kept Rygel involved, even with his throne back.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I see from viewing the link ( thank you very much for that ) that John has grown out his hair . He has a little pony-tail in the back . So very nice .

Looking , very , forward to getting my copy of this soon .

Comment

Originally posted by Lamil View Post
            I see from viewing the link ( thank you very much for that ) that John has grown out his hair . He has a little pony-tail in the back . So very nice .

Looking , very , forward to getting my copy of this soon .
            John with the long hair is in an alternate reality.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

A preview of Gone and Back #2, on sale tomorrow, the 19th of August, in finer comic shops everywhere (and in some of the crappy ones, too....).
              Keith R.A. DeCandido
              [email protected]
              www.decandido.net
              decandido.wordpress.com
              Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk." ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

Comment

Will grab mine tomorrow. Count my shop as one of the finer ones, they put the D'argo's Lament on hold for me, even though I didn't have it reserved or anything.

Comment

Thank you very much for that, krad. I can't wait to get my hands on this issue.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Grabbed mine yesterday. I haven't had time to read it yet, but even picking which cover to get was difficult. Usually one is clear cut better, but I really liked both of these covers. I ended up going with the Rygel/Scorpy one, but the design on the Crichton one was amazing.

Comment

I really can't wait to get mine. I hope it comes soon.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Finally read mine. Even though it's an UR, I really liked this episode. And we are finally getting to the bottom of the mystery man, that was a nice twist.

Is the other guy on Moya from the series? I'm having a brain fart on him.

Comment

Finally read mine. Even though it's an UR, I really liked this episode. And we are finally getting to the bottom of the mystery man, that was a nice twist.

Nope! Totally new character. Nice how they fit him in though.

I got my issue yesterday in the mail, and I must say, it was really good. I really can't wait to see where they take this. And what is up with Aeryn and her kids?
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Nope. As the fifth man said, Coron is a totally new character. That's the joy of an alternate universe, weird people show up.
                            Keith R.A. DeCandido
                            [email protected]
                            www.decandido.net
                            decandido.wordpress.com
                            Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk." ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              And what is up with Aeryn and her kids?
                              Yeah, that was fantastic and out of left field. I certainly didn't put Aeryn on my silly list of possible reasons for D's superpowers!

Originally posted by krad View Post
                              Nope. As the fifth man said, Coron is a totally new character. That's the joy of an alternate universe, weird people show up.
                              It's fun to play isn't it? Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                              X