X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers - NEW SciFi Channel Promos

Spoilers ahoy, oy!

Season 8.5 Commercials

Tonight during the "Earthsea" mini-series, the SciFi Channel ran THREE new promo commercials for SciFi Friday. Each commercial ran 30 seconds.

In the order of appearance were:

SciFi Friday

Voice Over Announcer: "This January, SciFi Channel's biggest night will become the biggest night of scifi television ever. With three hours of all new original action --:"Stargate SG-1," "Stargate Atlantis," and the all-new SciFi original series, "Battlestar Galactica." Back to back to back. Welcome to the biggest night of scifi ever. Welcome to the all-new SciFi Friday. Coming in January."

Clips that ran during this commercial were:

1) From Stargate Atlantis (SGA) - From "Rising" -- John Sheppard in the woods, firing at the Wraith
    2) From Stargate SG-1 (SG!) - From "Fallen" -- Jack and Sam, turning away from speaking to the natives, to look behind them…
    3) Battlestar Galactica (BG) - Starbuck seated in a Viper.
    4) BG - Viper exiting ship via launch tube
    5) BG - Cylon ships attacking spaceship
    6) SG1 - Possibly a new clip -- shot of Jack (in battle dress), outside, running…
    7) Unknown series -- view of a futuristic looking city, on a coastline, with a large hill in the background
    8) SGA -- view of Sheppard in the puddle jumper pilot's seat
    9) SG1 - possibly a new clip -- Carter standing in front of an event horizon as it shuts down -- definitely in a building
    10) SG1 - NEW clip - Daniel on the Prometheus -- from Prometheus Unbound?
    11) SGA - from "Rising" - McKay and Zalenka exploring Atlantis
    12) SGA - Teyla and Sheppard - NEW clip from "Hot Zone" - practicing with Teyla's fighting sticks
    13) BG - "beauty" shot of Galactica in space
    14) BG - Adama on the bridge
    15) BG - view of a space battle
    16) BG - Apollo in a Viper
    17) BG - A Viper explodes
    18) BG - a look at one of the new cylons
    19) Unknown series -- some guy in the rain with a handgun, aimed at someone
    20) SG1 - General Jack standing in the SGC control room
    21) SGA - Dr. Weir from "Rising"
    22) BG - Adama
    23) BG - Adama on the bridge of Galactica
    24) SG1 - from "Descent" - Teal'c firing his zat at the ninja Jaffa in the cargo ship's cargo bay
    25) SGA - A wraith backhanding someone
    26) BG - View of Colonel Tigh
    27) SGA - Teyla and Sheppard - NEW clip from "Hot Zone" - Teyla whumping Shep with her fighting sticks
    28) SGA - A view of Atlantis during the storm from "The Storm"
    29) SG1 - NEW clip of Carter -- or is it RepliCarter? -- wearing sleeveless, low cut top, looking very angry -- background is dark, with either smoke or fog, and a light flashes behind her -- possibly an explosion?
    30) BG - Starbuck in a Viper again
    31) SGA - Dr. Weir
    32) BG - Number Six and Baltar getting romantic
    33) SGA - From "Rising" - Sheppard still firing on those pesky wraith
    34) Unknown series -- an explosion in space, above a planet

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Second commercial was for Stargate Atlantis alone.

Voice over announcer: "They crossed a galaxy to discover the Lost City of Atlantis. Now they're discovering -- that was the easy part! All new episodes at a new time. Stargate Atlantis premieres Friday, January 21 at 9. Part of the biggest night of scifi ever. SciFi Friday."

Clips that were shown were:

1) From "Rising" - Atlantis rising from the ocean
    2) "beauty" shot of Atlantis at either sunrise or sunset
    3) From "Rising" - Sumner at Weir looking at the ocean from within the city
    4) NEW clip - from "The Eye" -- the tsunami cresting above the city
    5) NEW clip -- from "The Eye" -- electricity traveling through the city's hallways
    6) Possibly a new clip -- Weir looking at a laptop screen
    7) From "Suspicion" - Teyla fighting the Wraith with her fighting sticks
    8) NEW clip of McKay saying, "I think we could send a message back to Earth through the Stargate."
    9) From "Rising" - Male wraith walking through its ship
    10) NEW clip from "The Defiant One" -- Sheppard being struck by the wraith and flying through the air
    11) From "Thirty Eight Minutes" -- Sheppard and the away team looking at the crater where the wraith ship used to be sitting
    12) From "Childhood's End" -- some of the native kids
    13) NEW -- Weir and McKay, with Weir saying, "They'll be over our planet within two weeks."
    14) From "Rising" - Wraith dart ships going into pursuit of Sheppard and the boys in the puddle jumper
    15) From "Rising" - Wraith beaming up prisoners from the woods
    16) Possibly a new clip -- Puddle Jumper in orbit of a planet, something explodes in front of it
    17) Sheppard in a Puddle Jumper reacting to an explosion
    18) From "Childhood's End" -- one of the natives firing his cross bow
    19) From "Rising" -- Sheppard and men checking out the city
    20) From "Poisoning the Well" - Perna talking
    21) From "Suspicion" - Teyla still fighting that pesky Wraith
    22) NEW clip -- outrage! Sheppard kissing a dark haired female -- and it's not Weir or Teyla. Humph!
    23) NEW clip - from "The Defiant One" -- Sheppard running into the invisible force field outside the puddle jumper
    24) From "Rising" -- Sumner and men firing on the wraith
    25) another view of Sheppard in a puddle jumper
    26) A view of a puddle jumper flying overhead
    27) Weir on a floor at Atlantis
    28) View of a Wraith (could be Steve)
    29) NEW clip -- Sheppard and McKay, and Sheppard is saying, "There's no reason to panic…yet."
    30) For some odd reason, a view of the SGC Stargate, and a chevron engaging

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Third commercial for Stargate SG-1 alone.

Voice over announcer:

"No metal detectors.

No baggage inspectors.

And…you can carry a weapon.

Where you're going -- you'll need it!

Stargate SG-1 premiere Friday, January 21 at 8. Part of the best night of scifi ever. SciFi Friday."

Clips that were shown include:

1) Stock footage of transporter rings forming -- looks to be inside a ha'tak
    2) From "Full Circle" -- Daniel and Anubis on Anubis' ha'tak
    3) From "Full Circle" -- Teal'c and the Abydonian natives outside the Pyramid, waiting for the attack
    4) Possibly a new clip -- Carter wearing black, aiming her P90
    5) Possibly a new clip -- Jack wearing black, aiming HIS P90
    6) From "Full Circle" -- Teal'c firing at a Death Glider
    7) From "Lost City" -- the cargo ship flying over the planet with the lava flow
    8) stock footage of the SGC Stargate chevron engaging
    9) NEW clip -- Sgt. Davis and General Hammond, seated on the bridge of the Prometheus -- looking to their right with very shocked faces -- possibly at the next clip of…
    10) NEW clip -- a Kull Warrior standing on the Prometheus!
    11) NEW clip -- Prometheus landing on some planet, with natives down below looking up at it
    12) NEW clip -- Possibly aboard a ha'tak -- someone wearing a dark robe (Teal'c???) walking down a corridor, towards someone sitting on a throne -- lots of fire sconces
    13) From "Full Circle" -- The Abydonian pyramid being struck by energy beam from Anubis' ship
    14) NEW clip -- Looks very much like Apophis, wearing a new outfit -- oriental looking -- with his left hand outstretched over someone's head (possibly Daniel's?), and Apophis has the ribbon device on his hand….oh, no, poor Daniel! Fried brain again?!
    15) From "Full Circle" -- Herak delivering the Eye of Ra to Anubis
    16) From "Full Circle" -- Teal'c and some native Abydonians running from the death glider that Teal'c just shot down
    17) New clip -- Sgt. Davis again aboard the Prometheus, and he is saying, "Just over 50 light years off our designated route. We could be there in…20 minutes?"
    18) From "Full Circle" -- Daniel attempting to strike at Anubis, and being intercepted by Oma Desala.
    19) From "Lost City" -- Sam looking up at the holographic representation of the solar system
    20) NEW clip -- Sam talking to possibly Daniel -- "We could unlock the secrets of the universe."
    21) From "Full Circle" -- Jack in the Abydonian pyramid, looking for Daniel to pop in
    22) NEW clip -- cool shot of a Jaffa wearing a hawk helmet
    23) From "Full Circle" -- the Eye of Ra on the pyramid door
    24) NEW clip -- view of Teal'c, wearing a short sleeved garment -- looking very serious (go figure), and there is an explosion behind him
    25) Possibly a new clip -- Daniel wearing an Abydonian robe
    26) Possibly a new clip -- General Jack standing in the control room, looking at the Gateroom, with a shocked look on his face
    27) From "Full Circle" -- Anubis' weapon striking the planet, shock wave spreading through the sand
    28) NEW clip -- Jack and Sam (wearing some funky looking glasses) aboard a ship -- Jack says, "Well, that was cool!"

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Fans of Joe Flanigan
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/fansofjoeflanigan/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Hehe, those commercials were great, expecially #3

Did you catch the one before the series aired, with the various clips from future miniseries?
    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Thanks morajana is there any screen caps for it.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by JediTrilobite
        Hehe, those commercials were great, expecially #3

Did you catch the one before the series aired, with the various clips from future miniseries?

Yes, with the lovely Sean Bean? Hubba hubba...

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
          Thanks morajana is there any screen caps for it.
          One of the SG1-Spoilergate members just announced they're hoping to have them online by tonight. I'll post the link when it's available.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Thank Morjana you are star

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Here's the download link. (NOTE: RealPlayer is required.)
              Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                Here's the download link. (NOTE: RealPlayer is required.)

Cool, thanks!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Thanks Morjana and Rocket. That was fun, well worth the detour.
                  Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Its something how they crammed so much stuff..
                    In only a few seconds??! Oo,

Comment

Originally posted by kadosho
                      Its something how they crammed so much stuff..
                      In only a few seconds??! Oo,

Well...there were three different commercials, and each commercial was 30 seconds.

Still...that's about 1 clip per second per commercial.

Made a lot of fun with the VCR, catching them all.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Thanx Morjana and Rockett!

The spoiler addict is v. happy
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Just had look at the promo commercials for SG-1 that was really cool.

Thanks every one

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                            Thanx Morjana and Rockett!

The spoiler addict is v. happy

You're very welcome.

By the way, the only way I can see the Kull Warrior during the SG1 promo commercial is by doing a frame by frame. Way cool...

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Loved those promos! That last one with Sam in the glasses just cracks me up. She looks so silly. Can't wait to see the reason for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X