Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children of the Gods DVD for $14

Edit: Sale is over.
    Last edited by Atlantis Warrior; 06 August 2009, 11:56 AM.
    sigpic

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEmccqmp6MIep

EXCLUSIVE: new clip from CHILDREN OF THE GODS

We have a brand new exclusive special feature clip from Stargate SG-1: Children of the Gods, which will be released on DVD on July 21. Click below for our exclusive special feature clip which shows Visual FX Supervisor Michelle Comens talking about improving a scene from the pilot

Video at link above

Comment

You can save 4% more with Bing search cash back, which I completely forgot about until now, after submitting my order for about $100 worth of stuff... oh well.

Comment

REVIEW:

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/100/1005880p1.html

For those unaware, Stargate: Children of the Gods is not a new DTV sequel, like Stargate: Continuum or Stargate: The Ark of Truth. Rather, it's the pilot episode that launched the daunting, 10-season-strong series. It's been reworked by the show's executive producer and writer Brad Wright. Wright has added new scenes, new effects and remastered the entire feature in order to give it a more theatrical feel. And while his efforts are often squashed by obvious budget limitations, he succeeds at making this two-part pilot episode feel a bit more like a real movie.

What follows is an extravagant, fun and surprisingly amusing, but very cheap-looking film. The sets are obviously fake; the lighting is flooded, filling scenes with far too much light in one moment, revealing the budgetary limitations. In other scenes, it's too dark, hiding the very same issues. The pacing is a touch too slow, feeling more like an episode of the show than a full-bodied feature.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

it's 14.96 at your local walmart
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            it's 14.96 at your local walmart
            My local warlmart had a lot of the dvds.

Comment

Working...
            X