Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horrifying Futurama news, all fans report in on the double!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrifying Futurama news, all fans report in on the double!

From Forces of Geek:

Is FOX Planning to Recast Futurama?

As excited as I was about the return of Futurama, FOX has once again ruined that experience by their callous actions. According to no less than cast members John DiMaggio, Phil LaMarr, and Maurice LaMarche on their Facebook pages, a casting notice has gone out to replace actors DiMaggio, LaMarche, Billy West and Katy Sagal.
    This story has been picked up by THR.com and Variety. Phil LaMarr's facebook page also lists a campaign to save the original cast.

Complaints and almost assuredly angry emails can be sent to the Casting Director at [email protected] as well as Fox's general feedback email at [email protected]

All Futurama fans step up, send off your messages, and cross your fingers toes and eyes that this is just a bad practical joke!
    Last edited by DigiFluid; 17 July 2009, 09:11 PM. Reason: forgot to close a tag
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I hear it's just a scare tactic against the actors.

You see, the Futurama budget has been dramatically cut and TPTB want to cut the actor's salaries but they refuse to accept those cuts. The casting call ends the day before Comic-Con too, and I heard that Fox did something similar to the Simpson's cast a while ago.
    Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
    Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

Uh, what?! I thought Comedy Central picked up the show and it was out of FOX's hands now? I love Futurama, it's a funny show, but... wth?!

Wow Fox, how many shows are you going to ruin at this rate? God...
      sigpic
      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

If this is true then my hate for fox just went up ten fold.

Comment

I have a friend who's an actor out in LA, this casting sheet came to him the day before the story appeared on the internet. This appears to be legit =\

I'd hope that all GW's Futurama fanatics would email the two links in the original post with their feelings on the matter. I did.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Fox still has the rights to the series. That means Fox is producing new episodes, Comedy Central is buy them to air on their network. Clearly, Comedy Central is paying Fox enough for them to hire all the original actors.

Comment

If that does happen, I will not be watching the "new" Futurama.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                If that does happen, I will not be watching the "new" Futurama.
                Yeah, because at that point, it won't be Futurama. Ugh.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                  Yeah, because at that point, it won't be Futurama. Ugh.
                  Exactly! Without the voices we have all come to know and love, what would be the point?
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Exactly! Without the voices we have all come to know and love, what would be the point?
                    Funny thing is, they've been keeping The Simpsons going for god knows how many seasons (I stopped watching after it stopped being funny) with the original cast intact! So... wow. They can't manage to do that with Futurama?? Terrible.
                    sigpic

Comment

Funny thing is, they've been keeping The Simpsons going for god knows how many seasons (I stopped watching after it stopped being funny) with the original cast intact! So... wow. They can't manage to do that with Futurama?? Terrible.
                      No argument from me, my friend. This show will be successful. Just pay them the money.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

What will zoidberg sound like now?!!!

Comment

One could argue that was the downfall. The cast wanted ridiculous wages and got them. Perhaps to the detriment of being unable to finance good writers?

It also can't be a coincidence that as soon as Futurama begun production, Simpsons went to sh*t.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I just sent FOX an email telling them what I think about this 'decision' of theirs.

I've never regularly watched the show, but I am a fan, and I don't want to see it's return be ruined by the people at FOX.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if we succeed in getting through to them.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't think $75k an episode is a whole lot to ask, particularly considering Billy West does half the show himself. Or considering the salaries demanded by sitcom stars like Jerry Seinfeld, Kelsey Grammer, Ray Romano, etc.

And then there's the fact that they resigned the eternal douchenozzle Ryan Seacrest for another 3 years of American Idol the other day--for $45 million

Comment

Working...
                              X