Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the heck does it never rain in Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the heck does it never rain in Atlantis?

So, I was wondering why do we never see it raining in Atlantis?
    Or Snowing
    Or Hailing
    Whatever

Well Besides in Season 1 two-parter "The Storm/The Eye"

So why?!

It's kinda annoying no seeing any rain, or snow, or hail
    WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN WW2!

Spoiler:
    Germany Chiefed Poland.
    England broke their NAP with Germany because Poland was their ally.
    England and its allies defend from German attacks, but suffer heavy losses as Germany has level 10 rams.
    France got Chiefed.
    Japan decided to scout America.
    America got pissed off, and sent a couple waves with 10k Imperians at them, with 1k catapults for sh!ts & giggles.
    America cut Japan to 90 pop.
    Germany sends a Chieftain Train at the USSR, gets loyalty down to 1.
    USSR builds up troops with their lvl 20 resources and lvl 20 barracks before the Chieftains can hit again. Walls go back up to level 20. German Chiefs were all destroyed.
    Germany just keeps sending troops although it's clear they cannot take USSR.
    Eventually troops run out since USSR can produce them faster.
    USSR, Britain and the USA simultaneously hit Germany with their own Chieftains, and Chiefs.
    Hitler deleted his account...
    USSR, change their name to Russia...

I am not sure, maybe because of the budget, maybe because it is not a massive concern. I can see why it annoys you.
    Hmmm, i have no idea
    |:

Comment

oh i am sure it rains we just never see it
      sigpic
      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

It doesn't rain because TPTB don't want it to. They like it bright and sunny on their missions.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

It is probably just a budget/something TPTB don't want to deal with. We know it does, as you mentioned The Storm/The Eye. It's just probably something they didn't really care to highlight all that often.
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

The same reason why it is never raining at Cheyenne mountain - when they went there to take the establishing shots, it wasn't raining...
            I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
              It doesn't rain because TPTB don't want it to. They like it bright and sunny on their missions.
              Well bright and sunny doesn't make for any surprises

And how much would in cost to put in a few raindrops anyway?
              WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN WW2!

Spoiler:
              Germany Chiefed Poland.
              England broke their NAP with Germany because Poland was their ally.
              England and its allies defend from German attacks, but suffer heavy losses as Germany has level 10 rams.
              France got Chiefed.
              Japan decided to scout America.
              America got pissed off, and sent a couple waves with 10k Imperians at them, with 1k catapults for sh!ts & giggles.
              America cut Japan to 90 pop.
              Germany sends a Chieftain Train at the USSR, gets loyalty down to 1.
              USSR builds up troops with their lvl 20 resources and lvl 20 barracks before the Chieftains can hit again. Walls go back up to level 20. German Chiefs were all destroyed.
              Germany just keeps sending troops although it's clear they cannot take USSR.
              Eventually troops run out since USSR can produce them faster.
              USSR, Britain and the USA simultaneously hit Germany with their own Chieftains, and Chiefs.
              Hitler deleted his account...
              USSR, change their name to Russia...

Comment

Well, the snow/hail thing could be explained. Atlantis may be in a more tropical area of the planet, which would explain why we never see the expedition members in winter gear. The rain...maybe the CGI artists are lazy.

Comment

It only rains once a year on Lantea. Not sure about New Lantea

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                    It only rains once a year on Lantea. Not sure about New Lantea
                    Where'd you get that from?

Comment

Didn't anyone pay attention is school about the water cycle?

So unless the mainlands are all dessert land masses..... it rained.

Well, TPTB say so much stuff happens off screen.. romantic development ( or lack of) people dying ect. So of course it pours or sprinkles.
                      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                        Didn't anyone pay attention is school about the water cycle?

So unless the mainlands are all dessert land masses..... it rained.

Well, TPTB say so much stuff happens off screen.. romantic development ( or lack of) people dying ect. So of course it pours or sprinkles.
                        Haha, I hate the "oh..that happens off-screen" excuse. Though I can understand the whole weather argument in that context.
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                          Where'd you get that from?
                          It makes more sense then saying "It only rains on Lantea once every 3 years at least, we've only seen it rain one time in three years!"

Go Green

Comment

It's raining, it's pouring! Ronon's been snoring! Bumped his head on the bed! Didn't get up til morning!
                            Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                              Haha, I hate the "oh..that happens off-screen" excuse. Though I can understand the whole weather argument in that context.
                              Yeah good ol' "that happens off screen"

There could be a thread in that...

What happens 'off screen' in Stargate??

They shower
                              Go to the toilet
                              It rains
                              They pay their bills
                              Teyla apparently met some dude, fell in love and had a baby with him?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X