Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Base Stores

(( Base Stores

A place to get all of your military needs!

Not sure what level this is going to be on yet...possibly sub-levels 9 or 10...or one of the quarters levels...we'll see.))
    Last edited by Colonel Sharp; 13 July 2009, 02:00 PM.
    sigpic
    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

[ Stores ] (( Where everyone 'shops' on base. Level 9 is a good candidate for location. ))
    {Emerson} {Airman Gary Elding, Corporal Ken Saki}

It didn't take the two women long to go down one level to the 'shopping center' for the base.
    "This is Stores," said Aziza as they approached the open door, "almost everything you should need is available here. They'll get you measured and kitted out. If there's something different you want, just ask."
    A bored looking set of clerks were sitting on stools behind the counter playing trivia on the computer.
    "Ha," one of them crowed, "I knew it. 'Martians from Moscow.' Funky plot but awesome special effects."
    The other man rolled his eyes, "You and those FX. Don't you..." He broke off as Lie'na and Aziza came in. "Put it away, Gary. We've got customers."
    He slid of his stool and straightened his shirt, "Corporal Ken Saki. What can I do for you ladies this fine evening?"
    Aziza stepped to the side and presented Lie'na, "For me, nothing. This lovely lady, Lie'na, needs ..... everything."
    Gary opened the swinging gate and came out to where the women stood. "Airman Gary Elding," he introduced himself and held up a cloth tape measure, "Do you mind if I take some measurements?"

(( Carry on, Vincent. I'm out of time. ))

Last edited by Gen Blue; 27 February 2009, 02:20 AM. Reason: changed the game
    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
    sigpic

Comment

Lie'na, Airman Gary Elding & Corporal Ken Saki

- Stores -

Lie'na nodded at the two men, memorising their names, just in case.

"Greetings." She replied to them, a small smile returning to her features. "You may."

She answered confidently, even though she didn't feel it.

Measurements, they are just measurements. Nothing else. She thought repeatedly, as the man moved around her, quickly.

"Relax your muscles." Elding said, as he did so. "Unless you want to stand at attention all the time."

He chuckled, not knowing how hard his request was for her, but as quickly as she could, which was quite slowly, she relaxed. Doing her best to stay calm, and force her mind off old thoughts. Elding pondered (jokingly) asking for an inner thigh measurement, but wisely decided against it. Jaffa weren't the best species to play jokes on, not when they could kick you to kingdom-come.

"All done." He moved back to the desk so effortlessly Lie'na barely saw him move. "Tall and slim, nice eyes too, they match your hair."

Saki rolled his eyes, give him a tape measure and he was as bad at flirting as a butcher. He was starting to think it was a good thing they didn't get many of the womenfolk in the stores. Elding disappeared into the stores, and Saki relaxed a little.

"Don't mind him, he might be great at keeping back there organised. But so unprofessional when it comes to actually serving people." A moment later a voice floated out of the storeroom.

"I also have very good hearing!" Saki rolled his eyes again, but chuckled straight afterwards.

"His humour is terrible, but he's got bad timing off to an art." The moment the words left Saki's lips Elding stepped out, several items in hand.

"Still gossiping about me?" He grinned, and placed the items on the counter, his eyes glossing over slightly as he recalled a long list of facts. "Airman Battle Uniform or ABU, the replacement for the Battle Dress Uniform or BDU. One patrol cap for general use, one boonie cover for deployed locations. Three Sand T-shirts."

His eyes focused slightly as he added. "I would give you another, but we'd run low if everyone heard I had.

"Two Blouses, we'll keep one and sew everything for you, the other you can wear from now until we're finished, and off-world to keep ranks hidden."
      He paused for a moment. "Talking of which, may I borrow your card for a moment?"

Lie'na held out the card, Elding took and swiped it, before passing it back.

"Ah, you don't have a rank or team yet, so that makes it easier for us. I'll have the blouse sent up to your room once it's done." He took a breath and continued.

"The Blouse will hold all you insignia, name and service tape, two internal map pockets, pen pouch on the left forearm. One set of outwear; Gore-tex rain jacket. Rigger's belt, sand. Two pairs of trousers, I didn't think you would want the awful skirts, with standard pockets. Standard issue socks and matching boots." He looked at her feet, finally getting to ask a question that had been on his tongue for a while. "Do you not wear shoes though?"

"I do not. My feet tough are." Spending a lot of time outdoors without shoes had quickly caused calluses to form on her soles. She could walk over brambles and not flinch.

"I think you'll be fine without the boots then, but you'd better take a pair just in case there's a problem with that." He paused, wondering if he'd missed anything. He spotted an item he'd forgotten completely about.

"Ah yes, I got you some hair clip-y things too, it'd be a shame if you cut your hair." He was about to pass them to her, then thought better of it. "Allow me."

Before she could even accept his offer he was gently pinning her hair up out of the way, with practised ease.

"My girlfriend back at Earth used to get me to do that all the time." He explained in an off-hand way. "I could teach you, but I'm sure you ladies are busy. If you need a hand just come and see me, I always enjoy the company of a fine lady."

Saki rolled his eyes, it never took Elding long.

"Enough of your Romeo act." Elding looked back, giving Saki a fake-dirty look, they both chuckled, Saki looking back up at the women. "I think it's best you leave before he starts serenading you... his singing is awful."

Lie'na half smiled, a little overwhelmed. She looked back to Aziza.

"Where to?"

"I once thought it better to be right
      But now I have finally seen the light
      Sometimes you've got to be wrong and learn from mistakes
      I live with serenity now, not self righteous hate.

- Dream Theater, Shattered Frotress

Gateworld RP: Aftermath
      Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Ray's sig made by Shelly, Vince's, House's and Li's modelled on her good work.

Looking after

For Xym, and so I have a place I can take the siggy code from!

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

[ Stores ] {Emerson} {Airman Gary Elding, Corporal Ken Saki} (( applause for the research ))

Aziza stood to one side, watching as Elding flirted with Lie'na. He's not going to be the only one, she thought as the woman's long hair was pulled away from her face. I'd be almost tempted to hit on her myself if it wasn't for Lenny.
        Shaking off those thoughts, she came back to the here and now. "Thanks, guys. Could we impose upon you for one more thing? Deliver everything to her quarters?"
        Emerson explained, "We're on the bottom to top tour of the base." She smiled sweetly, cocked her head to one side and said, "Pul-eeze, pretty please?"
        Saki looked doubtful but, Elding jumped in, "I'd be happy to. It's not like we're deluged with customers or anything."
        The corporal shrugged, "Sure, why not. As soon as I get the stuff sewn on the blouse, one of us will bring it up."
        "Thank you," Aziza said as sincerely as possible, "I'll buy you both coffee and donut next time I see you."

Answering Lie'na's question, she said, "This is the most interesting thing on this level unless you're interested in seeing the brig. The next stop on our tour is level 10, Alien biology lab and, more importantly the Gym."

<< to Gym >> (( Wandering from thread to thread nudging them to the top for a bit. ))

Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
        sigpic

Comment

Lie'na

- Stores -

Lie'na smiled placing the items she'd started to pick up back on the counter before nodding respectfully to the two men, and following Aziza away. She'd half expected the woman to be even slightly jealous of the attention she wasn't getting. But there was no sign of that at all.

Curious. She though, but left it at that, following her guide down a floor.

- Gym -

(( Thanks ))

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

Airman Gary Elding & Corporal Ken Saki

- Stores -

Elding had found the 'midnight blue' thread, and had begun to stitch the uniform for Lie'na. Saki meanwhile resumed playing the trivia game, but quickly paused it as another person entered the room.

"Here to help." Saki gave the red-head a small grin. "Nice to find ourselves needed."

"And to find ourselves in the company of pretty ladies for once." Elding called from his seat.

"Don't mind him, he might appear to be flattering, but he does it to everyone..." He paused, and for a moment he felt the awkward silence. "Not that I'm saying you're not pretty..."

"He just doesn't get out much." Sporting a wicked one-sided grin for Ryn only. "Now Saki, I believe you're meant to ask what she needs, but if it's a lunch for two in Foreston then I'll take it from there."

"Don't tell me what to do Airman Elding. I know how to do my job thank you very much." He glanced back at Ryn. "No offence miss... but he can't half get on my nerves."

He hated pulling rank on anyone, and although he shared the same level of rank as the red-head, hers contained 'Airman' in it.

(( Just for you Ryn ))

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

[ Stores ]

Originally posted by Vincent View Post
              Spoiler:

- Stores -

Elding had found the 'midnight blue' thread, and had begun to stitch the uniform for Lie'na. Saki meanwhile resumed playing the trivia game, but quickly paused it as another person entered the room.

"Here to help." Saki gave the red-head a small grin. "Nice to find ourselves needed."

"And to find ourselves in the company of pretty ladies for once." Elding called from his seat.

"Don't mind him, he might appear to be flattering, but he does it to everyone..." He paused, and for a moment he felt the awkward silence. "Not that I'm saying you're not pretty..."

"He just doesn't get out much." Sporting a wicked one-sided grin for Ryn only. "Now Saki, I believe you're meant to ask what she needs, but if it's a lunch for two in Foreston then I'll take it from there."

"Don't tell me what to do Airman Elding. I know how to do my job thank you very much." He glanced back at Ryn. "No offence miss... but he can't half get on my nerves."

He hated pulling rank on anyone, and although he shared the same level of rank as the red-head, hers contained 'Airman' in it.

(( Just for you Ryn ))
              ((Thanks. please correct me if I'm wrong, but Ryn would also be a Corporal since she's a marine, but the base works solely on Airforce ranks. ))

"Yeah."
              Ryn said, a small smile appeared at the flirt, though she remained cautious. She knew she was not in a position to return some bantering. It was best to remain low, under the radar as it were...
              "Been there, done that, getting on nerves. I'd outrank you guys still if I hadn't. Anyway." Her tone changed back to business.

"Uh. I need a pen, or a pencil, I don't care. And, something to hold these two in, to carry them around."
              She held up the two books. "Oh, and, uh." She now sounded a little embarrassed. "Is it possible to get my room painted ? I just hate grey..."

Comment

Elding dropped Lie'na's uniform, along with the just threaded needle.

"Don't worry, being down the bottom isn't a bad thing. You get low enough and they can't punish you any more." He gave her another of his wicked grins and started to head into the proper storeroom. "I think I've got just the bag for you."

Saki watched him go, then turned back to Ryn.

"Demotion huh? Never nice, my father got to Corporal, then lost it for being 'familiar with a private'." He gave her a small smile. "Some people aren't made for climbing the rank ladder... Elding, for example, could be a Sergeant by now..."

"I just prefer the simple life." Elding himself finished, depositing a couple of pens, on the counter, followed by a neat little bag, like a laptop bag only smaller (with a shoulder strap). "Why stress yourself out with the burden of command when you can loiter around the bottom doing virtually nothing? Doesn't impress the ladies much, but some officers I know have the social skills of a goldfish.

"Anyway... paint might be a little tricky. We've got plenty of white, yellow and grey, but not much of anything else. The folk at Foreston might have some though."
                He gave her a small smile, which grew into a grin. "But you'll have to do the hard work yourself, we can lend you everything you need, and even helpful advice, heck even deliver it to your door... but we don't like to get our hands dirty."

"Might spoil your manicure." Saki added, a cheeky grin on his features.

"I've already told you it's clear polish not a manicure." Elding retorted, looking at his well kept nails. "And girls appreciate these little things."

Saki rolled his eyes, refraining from commenting.

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

[ Stores ]

Ryn accepted the pens and the bag, and proceeded to put them where they went on her person. She saw the bag also had a clip so that it could hang down from the belt. But for now though she used the shoulder strap.

"I was a sergeant," she explained. "A gunny. Blue did say I was going to get it back. Though I'm not sure. Like you said... officers." It was said with a roll of the eyes. "Don't know why I ever wanted to be one. Maybe I'll just stick down to the bottom." Ryn shrugged. The demotion still stung heavily, but the way these guys looked at it... Why, that was new. Their point of view did seem to have some advantages there that she hadn't considered yet, but Landry's legacy wasn't easily tossed aside just like that, either. Ryn felt a little torn about it.

She listened carefully to the paint explanation. "Okay. Was just an idea. Not sure if I'll do it. Might if I get bored enough."

There was another eyeroll at the manicure bit. "Not me. I'm not like that at all." She shrugged. "Just another jarhead, ya know. Oh, do you have more SG-3 team patches ? And senior airman patches. I think I need to sew a bit... some of my clothes still think I'm a sergeant.".

Comment

- Stores -

Saki smiled at her first comment.

"Ruperts... Not much difference between us really, just they're more academic." He grinned, not often getting the chance to talk about the higher-ups much. "Enlisted are usually better soldiers anyway, we get the basics drilled into us at boot camp. Heck I still remember my training sarge... the moodly old b****** he was."

Elding chuckled, knowing all too well the delights of sergeants.

"I think my arms still ache after the amount of press-ups I had to do back in the day. I've got a smart mouth on me, shame it never knows when to shut up... Especially when you have some... opinionated views on certain women, or at least one particular woman. Don't think my ears have stopped ringing after the rukus she raised either." He pulled a couple of patches out of their containers.

"One SG-3 patch, one Senior Airman patch. Now I'll just need one cardkey from you to finalize the transaction." He held out the card reader for Ryn to swipe.

"And if you need any sewing done Elding's the man..." He lowered his voice conspiratorial. "Well he might be a woman in very good drag, either that or he's still very much in the closet."

Elding cuffed him very lightly around the head, but in a good natured way.

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

[ Stores ]

"Rupert" ? "In the closet" ? They weren't terms that Ryn was familiar with ((I am )).
                      Though, rather than to ask, she kept silent about it and just looked a little confused instead. She didn't want to give more of herself away than she already had. These two seemed to love to gossip. Which could be very entertaining but also harmful, so the less they knew the better.

"Well, okay. Sorry. Don't like going down Memory Lane. Like to make new stuff instead. Uh. I'll fetch that shirt and jacket 'n stuff. And then you can sow. Thanks for the patches." Ryn dutifully swept her card through the reader.

"Be right back." She hurried down the corridor, went up a flight of stairs, zoomed into her room, searched through her closet for the items, and returned back to the counter. It hadn't taken her five minutes.

"There you go. Get these presentable. And I'll love you forever. How's that ?"

((OOC: one more exchange should finish this - then I'll join Jyn in Lounge - was just stalling with this, really, hoping Xym might post sometime. He's not been on since Feb 23 last I looked. ))

Comment

(( Not often I get to correct anyone on spelling, but sow is a mother pig, to sow is related to the sowing of seeds. Sew is the one related to stitching, even though they sound exactly the same [for those interested this is a homophone {'same sound'} it's the first one I've come across in a while] ))

Elding smiled, with a knowing look at Saki.

"Who does these days? After all that's happened..." He gave another small smile. "No problem."

He watched her leave and returned to his sewing. Saki waited for her return before going back to his entertainment. As Ryn came back Elding looked up, and gave a full grin at her comment.

"How could I turn down that offer from a pretty woman?" He took the clothes and patches. "You've got yourself a deal, I'll even include delivery."

Saki rolled his eyes, which Elding spotted, grinning even more.

"Jealous?" Saki rolled his eyes again, but said nothing. Elding focused back to Ryn. "I'll have this done by the end of the day."

Update Thread

Spoiler:

Main Characters

Looking after

Non-bio'd NPC Characters

Comment

((hehe, I got confused, yeah, thanks, lol, it was late when I wrote that so I picked the wrong word . Shouldn't really write posts after 10 pm. ))

[ Stores ]

Ryn smiled. "Thanks, guys. See ya later." With a last smile and nod, she was gone, fiddling with the strap of the new bag.

[ Staircase ]

Deciding to figure out Tyler's location, Ryn clicked on her comm link. "Captain Tyler ? This is Ryn, I've been cleared, where can I find you ?" She paused on the stairs waiting for the answer, and continued trying to put the little bag on her belt.

Comment

[ Staircase, level 9 near Stores ]

**In the Lounge, Ryn.**

"Okay, on my way," Ryn replied, and clicked the off-button on the comm. She hurried up the stairs, from level 9 to level 5. The first two flights of stairs were taken two steps at a time, the last ones were taken slower though, since she was getting out of breath a little.

<< To Lounge >>

Comment

<<From Quarters>>

Ryn arrived at the desk of the stores, surprised to find no one of the mission team there yet. Obviously they were still chatting in the halls or something. She shrugged and pressed the little bell to alert them for customers.

Greeted by the on duty attendant ((is it open round the clock ? )), she explained her doings there.

"Hi. Uh. I kinda need these cleaned and pressed by tomorrow night, 5 pm at the latest. Can you do that for me ?" She handed over the uniform, hoping it wasn't too wrinkled or anything so they wouldn't have too much to do with it.

"If it's clean, just press or iron it, need it for a mission."

She put the dress on the counter next but stopped the man as he wanted to take that package too.

"No, not that, that's new, I just need to show it to the captain if it is suitable or not." She left them unclear as to who this captain might be. "Oh, and you're about to get a whole lot more work, there's more people coming...". She gave a bit of a shrug with it, seemingly apologetic.

((somebody want to play the duty sergeant ? and yes, am allowed to use this sig pic. ))

Comment

Working...
                              X