This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arctic 'Gate

the antarctic dhd had diferent symbols right(if not then sop reading here and ignore this thread)if it had difirent symbols then wouldent the gate have them too

p.s.does anyone know which galaxy the symbols are for?
    MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
    I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

The only symbol that was different was the point of origin... At least according to Sam.
    -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
    -Jack O'Niell

Comment

why wouldent the sgc use the dhd and what hapened to it?
      I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

if that was the case, the dhd wouldnt be compatible with the giza gate?
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

then use the arctic-we know they can

Comment

The Antarctic gate had a different PoO, but this uh, got ignored later on basicly because of some changes to how they worked the system.

And we don't use it because it ran out of power shortly after it was recovered... or somethign like that it gets mentioned for a line one episode then never comes up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Naquida Guy
              The Antarctic gate had a different PoO, but this uh, got ignored later on basicly because of some changes to how they worked the system.

And we don't use it because it ran out of power shortly after it was recovered... or somethign like that it gets mentioned for a line one episode then never comes up again.
              Apparently the DHD was being worked on at Area 51 and burned out....What would stop us from flying to all of the Goauld occupied worlds and steeling there DHD's?

Comment

im going with cos the PoO will be different!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                  Well, because each symbol denotates a number that is sent to the gate, much liek our computers, they are interchangable. Just because the image of the PoO is different, that doesn't mean you can't use that DHD on a different gate, because all PoO's send out the same number to the gate to interpret.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                    True....but TPTB don't stay constant so I'm guessing we won't deal much with a new PoO

Comment

fair enough, that makes sense
                      sigpic

Comment

The dialing computer is more secure; the idea is that anyone can use a DHD, but you need a code to activate the computer.

Of course, anytime anyone unauthorised tries to activate the Gate they seem to manage okay. Hathor must have put the whammy on one of the technicians, Linea cracked the SGC's security as quickly as she did the secrets of Windows NT and the Noz and Asgard just wave their hands at the Gate and it switches on.
                        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                          The dialing computer is more secure; the idea is that anyone can use a DHD, but you need a code to activate the computer.

Of course, anytime anyone unauthorised tries to activate the Gate they seem to manage okay. Hathor must have put the whammy on one of the technicians, Linea cracked the SGC's security as quickly as she did the secrets of Windows NT and the Noz and Asgard just wave their hands at the Gate and it switches on.
                          what causes the gate to switch on when they wave there hand....is it technological or something built into them over many years like Naquadah in the Goauld

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
                            what causes the gate to switch on when they wave there hand....is it technological or something built into them over many years like Naquadah in the Goauld
                            I think the Asgard use one of their runestones; the Nox simply activate the Gate through the concentrated power of their own self-satisfaction.
                            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                              the Nox simply activate the Gate through the concentrated power of their own self-satisfaction.
                              Wow. Pervy little fellas, those Nox.
                              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                              X