Enemy At The Gate was rushed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enemy At The Gate was rushed.

Was it me or was Enemy At The Gate really rushed? I think they should have made it into a two parter or just make it really long like they did with Lost City and Threads. But I guess they weren't given enough show time on the Syfy channel to just extend the episode without making it a two parter. I don't know. All I know is that it was really rushed and the writers could have spent a lot more time on it. I mean this was like the continuation of Allies! The Wraith finally made it to Earth and everything is rush rush rush! One thing they could have done to make it longer was to actually show the battle between the Super hive and the Appollo and the Odessy. Another thing could have been to make a bigger deal of the wormhole drive and actually show them using it. And i'm sure the writers could think of more stuff to add. What do you guys think?
    "If I find out your playing us I'm not going to wait for authorization. There isn't going to be any paperwork. I'm just going to kill you."

Originally posted by The Dark Destroyer View Post
    Was it me or was Enemy At The Gate really rushed? I think they should have made it into a two parter or just make it really long like they did with Lost City and Threads. But I guess they weren't given enough show time on the Syfy channel to just extend the episode without making it a two parter. I don't know. All I know is that it was really rushed and the writers could have spent a lot more time on it. I mean this was like the continuation of Allies! The Wraith finally made it to Earth and everything is rush rush rush! One thing they could have done to make it longer was to actually show the battle between the Super hive and the Appollo and the Odessy. Another thing could have been to make a bigger deal of the wormhole drive and actually show them using it. And i'm sure the writers could think of more stuff to add. What do you guys think?
    I think it was intentional, the events of the story were fast paced, and I think the pace of the show communicated that quite well.
    I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

I thought it was rushed as well. Perhaps the subject matter called for it, but at the end of the day, I was underwhelmed (but still entertained).

Don't know why this belongs in the Movie forum though...

Comment

Paul Mullie said as much on the DVD commentary. He said it should have been a two parter, but they only had one episode.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          I thought it was rushed as well. Perhaps the subject matter called for it, but at the end of the day, I was underwhelmed (but still entertained).

Don't know why this belongs in the Movie forum though...
          Sorry, accidentally put it under the wrong Topic. I guess there is no way to move the thread?
          "If I find out your playing us I'm not going to wait for authorization. There isn't going to be any paperwork. I'm just going to kill you."

Comment

I'll inform the mods.

No worries, you won't get punished or anything.

Comment

the battle was the super zpm hive vs the Apollo and the Sun Tzu not the Odyssey

Comment

I think if it was a two parter, they could have eliminated the use of deus ex machina, instead introducing McKay and Zelenka working on it at the start of the first parter before the bad news arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by R75 View Post
                  the battle was the super zpm hive vs the Apollo and the Sun Tzu not the Odyssey
                  Thanks, but it doesn't really matter. All I meant to say was that I wish they would have shown the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    I'll inform the mods.

No worries, you won't get punished or anything.
                    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                      I think if it was a two parter, they could have eliminated the use of deus ex machina, instead introducing McKay and Zelenka working on it at the start of the first parter before the bad news arrives.
                      It didn't even need to show them working on it during the episode. A passing reference to in in a previous episode would have satisfied me. I'd actually have preferred it to be as subtle as that
                      I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

While I enjoyed the episode, I also thought it was a bit rushed, they tried to put too much into one episode, and didn't use the whole cast as well as they could have, as well as introducing stuff we'd never heard of before (out of the blue). That being said, though, they likely had already written most of the episodes for the season when they got word they had been cancelled, so there really wasn't much they could do about it. Had they not been cancelled, it would have made a great end-of-season cliffhanger which could have been resolved in the first episode of the 6th season had they gotten a 6th season.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          While I enjoyed the episode, I also thought it was a bit rushed, they tried to put too much into one episode, and didn't use the whole cast as well as they could have, as well as introducing stuff we'd never heard of before (out of the blue). That being said, though, they likely had already written most of the episodes for the season when they got word they had been cancelled, so there really wasn't much they could do about it. Had they not been cancelled, it would have made a great end-of-season cliffhanger which could have been resolved in the first episode of the 6th season had they gotten a 6th season.
                          Your right. That is one of the reasons why the episode was so rushed. Because they concluded everything in the same episode. If they had a season six they could have ended it when the Hive reaches earth and left it as to be continued.

Comment

Well I think adding the worm-hole drive was way too convenient, the same with the ZPMs being found...I mean honestly we cannot always have these uber-convenient things appearing that helps the team escape...like in Unending suddenly having beam weapons or the Asgard leaving all there tech to the SGC
                            WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN WW2!

Spoiler:
                            Germany Chiefed Poland.
                            England broke their NAP with Germany because Poland was their ally.
                            England and its allies defend from German attacks, but suffer heavy losses as Germany has level 10 rams.
                            France got Chiefed.
                            Japan decided to scout America.
                            America got pissed off, and sent a couple waves with 10k Imperians at them, with 1k catapults for sh!ts & giggles.
                            America cut Japan to 90 pop.
                            Germany sends a Chieftain Train at the USSR, gets loyalty down to 1.
                            USSR builds up troops with their lvl 20 resources and lvl 20 barracks before the Chieftains can hit again. Walls go back up to level 20. German Chiefs were all destroyed.
                            Germany just keeps sending troops although it's clear they cannot take USSR.
                            Eventually troops run out since USSR can produce them faster.
                            USSR, Britain and the USA simultaneously hit Germany with their own Chieftains, and Chiefs.
                            Hitler deleted his account...
                            USSR, change their name to Russia...

Comment

Originally posted by XxX_Kavan Smith_is_Mine_XxX View Post
                              the Asgard leaving all there tech to the SGC
                              That wasn't just too convenient for the episode - in my opinion, that has spoilt the franchise.

Comment

Working...
                              X