Midsomer Murders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midsomer Murders

Does anyone here watch Midsomer Murders? An English mystery series starring John Nettles?

I know this is far out of the range of Sci-Fi but, it is a kind of fantasy. After all, any place with a murder rate this high couldn't still be populated.
    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
    sigpic

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
    I know this is far out of the range of Sci-Fi but, it is a kind of fantasy. After all, any place with a murder rate this high couldn't still be populated.
    hey maybe they breed like rabbits to compensate

Comment

Apart from the impossibility of so many murders in such a small area, I really liked the show. I was sorry to see Troy leave though.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
        Does anyone here watch Midsomer Murders? An English mystery series starring John Nettles?

I do whenever I can catch it.

Originally posted by maneth View Post
        Apart from the impossibility of so many murders in such a small area, I really liked the show. I was sorry to see Troy leave though.
        Spoiler:
        John Nettles, OBE has left the show. He was replaced by actor Neil Dudgeon playing DCI John Barnaby a cousin of Nettles' Tom. John Barnaby had appeared in an episode which aired a year before he took over.
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Is that still going?

I've seen a few episodes, but they always seem to be repeating the same ones. The one where the rich girl is murdered and it turns out she's having an affair with the female vet, and the murderer is a woman who also kills a guy with some farming machinery? I've seen that one about three times.

Midsomer is a very dangerous, yet innocent-looking, village!
          sigpic
          http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
          http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Love this show...I have season 1 through 12 on DVD, now waiting for part 2 of Season 13. About the body count, I remember that when Sergeant Scott became Barnaby's assistant, one of the first things he said was...

"Is the body count always this high ?"

Barnaby: "It been remarked upon."

Basically, the body count is part of the fun. I think the record is held by 'Orchid Fatalis', where - IIRC - FOUR people died in one episode. If I'm wrong, please tell me which episode scored higher. And how many people did die in Orchid Fatalis.
            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
              Basically, the body count is part of the fun. I think the record is held by 'Orchid Fatalis', where - IIRC - FOUR people died in one episode. If I'm wrong, please tell me which episode scored higher. And how many people did die in Orchid Fatalis.
              There's a list here.

The pilot had 4 murders + 3 suicides. Episode 7 had 7 murders! Orchid Fatalis only had 3.
              sigpic

Comment

I know about Nettles, haven't seen any of the more recent episodes with John Barnaby though.
                sigpic

Comment

I watch the show.
                  From what I understand. There are several villages with 'Midsomer' in their name.
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                    I watch the show.
                    From what I understand. There are several villages with 'Midsomer' in their name.
                    Midsomer is apparently a fictional county in the show.
                    sigpic

Comment

I love it, although there weren't showing all eps here in Germany. Unfortunately it's shown late and sometimes when I watch it lying in bed I fall asleep before I get to know who is the murderer.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm in Canada and we get the seasons over a year later on TVO. Haven't seen the new guy yet. My favourite show was the photography one with the old men vs. the digital crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                          Midsomer is apparently a fictional county in the show.
                          This is inspired in part by the real county of Somerset, and specifically the town of Midsomer Norton. Apparently there are 56 villages in imaginary Midsomer county and 22 of them are called Midsomer Something.

Comment

I loved Midsomer Murders, but then Troy left so I only watched it occasionally. Then John Nettles left and it got bad (worse than usual, I mean...) and I stopped watching it altogether. ITV2 repeats the old ones constantly though, which makes me very happy.

Comment

Working...
                            X