This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolest Wraith Queen

Who do you think the coolest Wraith Queen was(excluding Teyla of course)? I think the queen from rising had the coolest voice but the queen from submersion was just awesome in almost every other way. She was the most powerful mind Teyla had ever encountered. Even while she was heavily sedated she could have killed Teyla with a single thought. She was able to swim to her crashed cruiser over a kilometer away under thousands of feet of water, she could easily control Sheppard's movements and prevent him from shooting her, and it took over an entire magazine of P-90 to kill her.

What do the rest of you think?
    "If I find out your playing us I'm not going to wait for authorization. There isn't going to be any paperwork. I'm just going to kill you."

Originally posted by The Dark Destroyer View Post
    Who do you think the coolest Wraith Queen was(excluding Teyla of course)? I think the queen from rising had the coolest voice but the queen from submersion was just awesome in almost every other way. She was the most powerful mind Teyla had ever encountered. Even while she was heavily sedated she could have killed Teyla with a single thought. She was able to swim to her crashed cruiser over a kilometer away under thousands of feet of water, she could easily control Sheppard's movements and prevent him from shooting her, and it took over an entire magazine of P-90 to kill her.

What do the rest of you think?
    I love all the Wraith Queens, excluding Teyla - no fakes allowed. My favourite is the one from "Allies"
    sigpic

Comment

I'm torn between the Keeper Queen from The Rising, and the Allies' Queen. Both were very good, but I think I lean a bit towards the Keeper...she just had a great air about her...very cool, very flirty, very 'slinky'.

I also liked the Primary Queen, but her screen time was so short I can't really say if she was the 'coolest', or not. But I did like her lots.
      sigpic

Comment

The Queen from Submersion has to be the best. Although I agree about the sexy one from Allies. Love the reaction of Sheppard and Mckay to her.
        sigpic

Comment

For me it's a toss-up between the Submersion Queen and the one those mind Teyla takes over in Spoils of War. I liked the scenes on Todd's hive that showed the two of them locked in a subliminal battle to control the Queen's mind!

Comment

For me they really nailed it the first time in Rising. The "Keeper" had that perfect balance of sensual, intelligent and creepy that they weren't able to replicate afterward. She was a much more convincing combination of human and "something else" than any of the others I think. She also came across as more of a lady than a brat like some of the others did, much more befitting the whole matriarchal role queens are suppossed to have.

The only other one worth mentioning for me is the Allies queen, who thanks to her longer than average shelf life, probably recieved the most development and thus really showed what a folly it was that they never bothered to have at least one recurring queen villian. She didn't work quite as good as the Keeper for me though because I felt she was just a little bit too human, both in her behaviour and appearance. The alieness that the Keeper had was gone.

After allies queen they switched the makeup method to this really offputting lizard inspired motif that for me at least pretty much ruined the queens that came after. They just never looked right after that. They also seemed to get dumber and almost childish, the Keeper's sinister sort of intelligence and playful slinkiness being replaced by a lot of frustrated snarling and yelling/hissing of every line.

Comment

It's the Allies Queen for me.

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
              The only other one worth mentioning for me is the Allies queen, who thanks to her longer than average shelf life, probably recieved the most development and thus really showed what a folly it was that they never bothered to have at least one recurring queen villian. She didn't work quite as good as the Keeper for me though because I felt she was just a little bit too human, both in her behaviour and appearance. The alieness that the Keeper had was gone.
              When we see this Queen again in 'No Man's Land' she's changed into an outfit which looks far more Wraithlike than the one she wore in 'Allies'. I've always thought of her as having a special 'Atlantis visiting' outfit which was designed to give the impression that she was a bit more human than other Wraith in the hope that the expedition members would be more inclined to listen to her. The scientist's short, unWraithlike jacket also struck me as being part of the deception.

I was very annoyed when the writers gave her a gloating villain stupidity fit so Ronon and McKay could escape. The scientist had a stupidity fit too because he didn't check Ronon and McKay over for weapons and equipment etc. before having them put into storage pods.
              sigpic

Comment

For me they really nailed it the first time in Rising. The "Keeper" had that perfect balance of sensual, intelligent and creepy that they weren't able to replicate afterward. She was a much more convincing combination of human and "something else" than any of the others I think. She also came across as more of a lady than a brat like some of the others did, much more befitting the whole matriarchal role queens are suppossed to have.

After allies queen they switched the makeup method to this really offputting lizard inspired motif that for me at least pretty much ruined the queens that came after. They just never looked right after that. They also seemed to get dumber and almost childish, the Keeper's sinister sort of intelligence and playful slinkiness being replaced by a lot of frustrated snarling and yelling/hissing of every line.
                Ouroboros...though you and are are usually in full agreement, in this I think there's a good explanation for the change...

Spoiler:
                Maybe...
                Spoiler:
                JUST maybe...
                Spoiler:
                Since awakening, all the Queens are...
                Spoiler:
                PMSing.
                Spoiler:

Hey...in theory, it works.

das
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                  When we see this Queen again in 'No Man's Land' she's changed into an outfit which looks far more Wraithlike than the one she wore in 'Allies'. I've always thought of her as having a special 'Atlantis visiting' outfit which was designed to give the impression that she was a bit more human than other Wraith in the hope that the expedition members would be more inclined to listen to her. The scientist's short, unWraithlike jacket also struck me as being part of the deception.
                  The alternate outfit made her look absolutely terrible though, probably the worst costuming of any queen in the series. I'm still not entirely convinced it was really the same queen either myself, given the whole vanishing tatoo thing.

"Hive" queen was the best costuming in my opinion by the way, with the Keeper also worthy of another mention as being the only Wraith in history not to wear any "cliched villian leather".

I was very annoyed when the writers gave her a gloating villain stupidity fit so Ronon and McKay could escape. The scientist had a stupidity fit too because he didn't check Ronon and McKay over for weapons and equipment etc. before having them put into storage pods.
                  I think the worst in terms of stupidity fits would have to be "the hive" though. You couldn't fool a 6 year old with those lines Shep but the queen of course buys right into it.

Submersion was pretty bad to though, "lets leave Teyla alone in a room with a Wraith queen, let the queen take control of her mind, then trust that the queen won't either feed on her OR learn of the real plan."

Of course it works though, instead of the queen just feeding on Teyla to recover her strength from being drugged, and them then having to catch her all over again thanks to their staggeringly stupid plan failing exactly how any idiot could have predicted it would.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                    Ouroboros...though you and are are usually in full agreement, in this I think there's a good explanation for the change...

Spoiler:
                    Maybe...
                    Spoiler:
                    JUST maybe...
                    Spoiler:
                    Since awakening, all the Queens are...
                    Spoiler:
                    PMSing.
                    Spoiler:

Hey...in theory, it works.

das
                    But then why do so many of the males also act the same way?

Wait, on second thought... lets not speculate on that...

The whole *stamps feet* "Whhaaaaa stop failing me" attitude just never struck me as the sort of behaviour I'd expect from a being that was thousands of years old.

I guess it explains why they put the Keeper in charge though doesn't it.

Comment

But then why do so many of the males also act the same way?

Wait, on second thought... lets not speculate on that...
                      LOL!! Too true!

The whole *stamps feet* "Whhaaaaa stop failing me" attitude just never struck me as the sort of behaviour I'd expect from a being that was thousands of years old.

I guess it explains why they put the Keeper in charge though doesn't it.
                      Yes - I agree with you whole-heartedly. I want to say more, but must get my car to the shop. Will try to comment later on this.

das
                      sigpic

Comment

The alternate outfit made her look absolutely terrible though, probably the worst costuming of any queen in the series. I'm still not entirely convinced it was really the same queen either myself, given the whole vanishing tatoo thing.

"Hive" queen was the best costuming in my opinion by the way, with the Keeper also worthy of another mention as being the only Wraith in history not to wear any "cliched villian leather".

I think the worst in terms of stupidity fits would have to be "the hive" though. You couldn't fool a 6 year old with those lines Shep but the queen of course buys right into it.

Submersion was pretty bad to though, "lets leave Teyla alone in a room with a Wraith queen, let the queen take control of her mind, then trust that the queen won't either feed on her OR learn of the real plan."

Of course it works though, instead of the queen just feeding on Teyla to recover her strength from being drugged, and them then having to catch her all over again thanks to their staggeringly stupid plan failing exactly how any idiot could have predicted it would.
                        I think that the Queen was so pleased with herself about figuring out their so called plan and so prideful that she was content to simply render Teyla unconscious. And she did show some intelligence by using the scientist to lure Sheppard to the jumper so that he could fly her to the surface.
                        "If I find out your playing us I'm not going to wait for authorization. There isn't going to be any paperwork. I'm just going to kill you."

Comment

I'm still not entirely convinced it was really the same queen either myself, given the whole vanishing tatoo thing.
                          I put the vanishing tattoo down to it being the first story of a new season. The makeup department either forgot she was supposed to have one or didn't bother because she wasn't in the episode much and all her scenes were in gloomy surroundings. If it was the second they obviously didn't consider the possibility that Wraith fans would be studying screencaps to take note of details.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                            It's the Allies Queen for me.

Ronon always has a million knives on him. The fact that they missed one hidden inside his wrist band(or whatever you call it) doesn't really bother me. They took his gun and the big knife he used to pin the scientist to the wall with earlier. And they probably found a couple more too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Destroyer View Post
                              Ronon always has a million knives on him. The fact that they missed one hidden inside his wrist band(or whatever you call it) doesn't really bother me. They took his gun and the big knife he used to pin the scientist to the wall with earlier. And they probably found a couple more too.
                              It bothers me because the most sensible thing the Wraith could have done was kill him and McKay once they were of no further use.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X