PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey Secret mission. Possible spoilers for Sgu

Reci
July 3rd, 2009, 04:52 PM
What do you think the Odyssey's secret mission that was mentioned on the Daedulus before they seperated and were trying to find more ships to attack the Super Hive. Will this be answered in one of the new Stargate movies coming up or in the SGU premire?

Major_Griff
July 7th, 2009, 04:11 PM
It's likely that it either has to do with SGU or the third SG-1 movie. The real world answer is that The Odyssey has a ZPM and would probably whoop the superhive, so they need an excuse to write it out.

Beckmen
July 11th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Since Daniel, Vala, Mitchell, O'Neill and Teal'c were not seen in EATG, I just pretend they were all on the mission. No girls were allowed, though...so Carter and Davis had to stay behind on Earth. :p

As for what the mission is...Furlings. We'll never see it, but yeah...and the Oannes. All that stuff they never explained, lol!

The Dark Destroyer
July 12th, 2009, 11:09 AM
It's likely that it either has to do with SGU or the third SG-1 movie. The real world answer is that The Odyssey has a ZPM and would probably whoop the superhive, so they need an excuse to write it out.

I was also wondering what kind of mission the Oddessy was on, and hopefully they will reveal it in The new SG1 movie. But just because the Oddessy has a zpm that doesn't mean anything. For one that zpm has been around for so long and has gone through so many battles(the biggest of which was in Ark of Truth where the Oddessy got shot about 40 times with the Ori weapon that is supposed to be so powerful) that it should be near depletion or at the very least 50% depleted. Secondly the Super Hive is supposed to be powered by several zpm's with a nearly impenetrable hull that can regenerate itself. Oddessy would have gotten its but kicked along with everybody else.

lenton6390
July 13th, 2009, 05:24 AM
I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that Icarus was TOP TOP secret, only a handful of people knew of its existance? If this is so, then its reasonable to assume that the Odyssey was assisting in some way at Icarus?
Perhaps the Stargate on Icarus can only connect to Destiny? The Odyssey ferrys the scientists and whoever to the planet?
Personally, i think we'll know in October :)

DigiFluid
July 14th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Since Daniel, Vala, Mitchell, O'Neill and Teal'c were not seen in EATG, I just pretend they were all on the mission. No girls were allowed, though...so Carter and Davis had to stay behind on Earth. :p

Uh...

Elite Anubis Guard
July 22nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
I'm pretty sure i read somewhere that Icarus was TOP TOP secret, only a handful of people knew of its existance? If this is so, then its reasonable to assume that the Odyssey was assisting in some way at Icarus?
Perhaps the Stargate on Icarus can only connect to Destiny? The Odyssey ferrys the scientists and whoever to the planet?
Personally, i think we'll know in October :)

Possibly. Carter says her ship, George Hammond, is nearly done and we know that in the SGU pilot It is the George Hammond who shows up at Icarus So maybe the Odyssey is doing the work until the GH is up and running.

garhkal
July 25th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Maybe they were setting up Icarus base..

Alan Wake
July 25th, 2009, 04:18 PM

As for what the mission is...Furlings. We'll never see it, but yeah...and the Oannes. All that stuff they never explained, lol!

Uh...

Davis? you're a funny dude..

XxX_Kavan Smith_is_Mine_XxX
July 26th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Maybe they were setting up Icarus base..

Or maybe they were on a mission to find it...

jelgate
July 26th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Or maybe they were on a mission to find it...

Doubtfull since Icarus base look to human constucted.

Teal'c_PI
August 2nd, 2009, 09:47 PM
What do you think the Odyssey's secret mission that was mentioned on the Daedulus before they seperated and were trying to find more ships to attack the Super Hive. Will this be answered in one of the new Stargate movies coming up or in the SGU premire?

I personally think, hope and wish that the Odyssey's secret mission will be revealed in the third SG-1 movie...it's my favorite ship, and I certainly don't want it running around (so to speak) in SGU!

GoSpikey
August 8th, 2009, 02:15 AM
OR...

It was just a quick line to get rid of Earth's most powerful ship, since since it defeated the Ori practically on its own, we've come to see it as a Super Ship and they didn't wanna blow the Hive Ship up quite *that* fast. It was either having the Odyssey blow it up, get damaged, or get rid of it. Besides, if Odyssey blew it up then Atlantis wouldn't be floating on Earth and then there wouldn't be a need for an Atlantis movie.

Not that there will be one now... :rolleyes:

WraithQueenH
September 26th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I think the Odyssey's was missing due to SGU mission. I'm guessing that we might even lose the Odyssey within the first few minutes of SGU.. Hope I'm wrong.

Infinite-Possibilities
September 29th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Really? I think given that the Superhive defeated all of Earth's defenses effortlessly, even the Odyssey would be unable to destroy it. I know it may be more poerful than all the other ships but is it really several times more powerful than all of Earth's other ships and Atlantis combined?

Zalenka
October 5th, 2009, 05:09 PM
The secret mission of the odyssey has to be something of major importance to the planet's security or else they'd have brought it back to defend Earth. It could also be presumed that it is so far away that it is either uncontactable or unable to return to Earth in time.

That said, I find it hard to think of a task that could be that important.

random ideas I had are

The priors or maybe even the Ori have become a threat again and the Odyseey is in their galaxy.

The Pegasus Asgard need dealing with (maybe why it is kept secret from the daedalus crew, so they will be unaware of any mission in Pegasus were they to be captured or probed or something)

The replicators have resurfaced.

Zalenka
October 5th, 2009, 05:12 PM
They may also be needed on some galactic emergency, where a star is about to go supernova or something and they need to deal with it but also to keep it secret so that it can't be used to the advantage of a race.

they have to destroy an aschen invasion fleet.

An urgent matter in the Ida galaxy to help resolve Asgard issues.

Nemises
October 5th, 2009, 05:28 PM
or simply a plothole.

General Jumper One
October 5th, 2009, 06:01 PM
The Odyssey went to the Asgard galaxy because they something in the Computer Core on how to create the Asgard again:daniel:
http://www.fansofstargate.com/

Mckay221
October 5th, 2009, 06:09 PM

um...isnt vala a girl or am I high

_Famrir_
October 5th, 2009, 06:33 PM
um...isnt vala a girl or am I high

ur deff high....

General Jumper One
October 6th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Maybe they found something in the Asgard core to rescue sg-10 from the blackhole.:jack:

lordofseas
October 6th, 2009, 05:26 PM
ur deff high....

*facepalm*

Rodney Mckay 1
March 11th, 2010, 04:58 PM
I belive so. I cant wait to see what happens next in SGU.

cflat
March 11th, 2010, 07:40 PM
I belive so. I cant wait to see what happens next in SGU.

Wait, which one are you agreeing to? See, this is why it's a good thing to quote certain things.

Pharaoh Atem
March 11th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Maybe they found something in the Asgard core to rescue sg-10 from the blackhole.:jack:

O.0 that team is long dead
. tore apart and in the blackhole