This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you going to the SGU comic con event in San Diego

I don't live in the states so no comic con event for me, but it would be a great opportunity to ask the cast and Brad Wright some questions on the show.

Anyone here going?

Originally posted by Pizerer View Post
    I don't live in the states so no comic con event for me, but it would be a great opportunity to ask the cast and Brad Wright some questions on the show.

Anyone here going?
    No...but I wish I was. I can't wait for the scoop from the people who do go, as well as videos, pictures, interviews, and samples of the actor's hair...I mean...
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

I am and since the BSG panel is right afterward, I suspect it's going to be tough to get in. (Though I'm far more interested in hearing about SGU than BSG/Caprica). I'm prepared to stand on line a good hour a head of time to get a seat.

If anyone has a question, pass it this way. I'll obviously only have one shot -- if I'm lucky! -- but would be happy to consider folks' ideas for the 'perfect' question.

Anyone else here going?

Comment

If I were going... No. Might check out the series, but...

I have too many questions for those in charge that are not appropriate to the SGU platform.
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

No, I wouldn't be seen dead at a convention.

Comment

I'd love to go, but unfortunately I'm skint, live in the UK so I can't afford the plane fare to get there.
            Would be cool if they plan on showing some new stuff about the show, plus I've never been to a convention.

Jenks are you not proud to be an SG fan?
            Why don't you wanna go to a convention?
            Just curious.
            Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 07 July 2009, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I'll assume you're talking to me. I'm not ashamed of being a Stargate fan, a convention just isn't the sort of place I'd like to be. The sort of people who go to conventions just aren't the type of people I socialize with, and there wouldn't be much there for me there anyway. I'm not interested in the actors, and any information released gets posted online within hours anyway, I can wait.
              Last edited by jenks; 02 July 2009, 05:59 PM.

Comment

I would love to go, even though I live here I can't because of bad health, and it isn't cheap either..

I bet it would be a blast to go! All 3 days, or however long..
                My Story:
                http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

From what i hear it will be very worth it to make the trek down to SD. I have a friend at MGM and he says the materials are amazing for the new series. FWIW. I'll be there, I have a buddy that lives near downtown SD.

Comment

Would love to go. But unforuntly no!!!
                    MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                    MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                    POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                    CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                    GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                    VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                    FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

I would like to go, but I especially wish I could have gone to an Atlantis or SG1 convention. Unfortunately, I didn't have the money for those and I don't have the money for this one either.
                      "If I find out your playing us I'm not going to wait for authorization. There isn't going to be any paperwork. I'm just going to kill you."

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        I'll assume you're talking to me. I'm not ashamed of being a Stargate fan, a convention just isn't the sort of place I'd like to be. The sort of people who go to conventions just are the type of people I socialize with, and there wouldn't be much there for me there anyway. I'm not interested in the actors, and any information released gets posted online within hours anyway, I can wait.
                        I agree..it would be a bit awkward being there I reckon. Kind of like a sci fi version of being a teen girl screaming at the Jonas Brothers.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nope. Personally, conventions aren't for me. If they are for other people, then that's awesome. For me however, it just isn't my type of stuff.

I'll assume you're talking to me. I'm not ashamed of being a Stargate fan, a convention just isn't the sort of place I'd like to be. The sort of people who go to conventions just aren't the type of people I socialize with, and there wouldn't be much there for me there anyway. I'm not interested in the actors, and any information released gets posted online within hours anyway, I can wait.
                          I agree with this. Although I am a fan of Stargate and overall science fiction, particularity dealing with space, I socialize with a different group of people. A group that typically dislikes my tastes in science fiction, but I have grown used to it.

I would be a fish out of water at a convention.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                          and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                            Nope. Personally, conventions aren't for me. If they are for other people, then that's awesome. For me however, it just isn't my type of stuff.

I agree with this. Although I am a fan of Stargate and overall science fiction, particularity dealing with space, I socialize with a different group of people. A group that typically dislikes my tastes in science fiction, but I have grown used to it.

I would be a fish out of water at a convention.
                            Yeah i'm the same as you guys, cons are not for me, i'm more of a hang at the pub and smash beers while watching the footy (AFL - Aussie rules, check it out if your ever down under ). I'm more of a quite sci-fi nerd
                            Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalred93 View Post
                              I am and since the BSG panel is right afterward, I suspect it's going to be tough to get in. (Though I'm far more interested in hearing about SGU than BSG/Caprica). I'm prepared to stand on line a good hour a head of time to get a seat.

Anyone else here going?
                              I'm going as well, and looking forward to it! I went to the SG panels last year, and you're certainly right about it being tough to get in, especially if you'd like to get good seats near the front. Last year I got in line for the room as early as possible, first lining up to get into the convention that morning and then proceeding straight to get in line for the room. Even so, there was already a fair number of people ahead! It was totally worth it, though.

It would be fun to meet other fans who are going to the panel and the convention - that's what inspired me to create a user account and post here today.

Comment

Working...
                              X