Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farscape: Strange Detractors #4 comic book (SPOILER DISCUSSION!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape: Strange Detractors #4 comic book (SPOILER DISCUSSION!)

It's out today (1 July 2009). Whadja think?

Here's a preview of pages 1-6.
    Keith R.A. DeCandido
    [email protected]
    www.decandido.net
    decandido.wordpress.com
    Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk." ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

Was just coming to start a thread. Got mine and read it already. Some very Farscape moments in this one, it had me grinning, though it was a little too much crammed into one issue IMO. (basically, the war with the whales was glossed over) That said, I could totally picture that vomit sequence being on the show.

Nice job with the Chrichton pop culture bits Krad!

Are Sebacians lit up internally?

I was hoping to see more Mr. Red Eye in this one, (or did we already reveal that and I just forgot?)

Other random thoughts:

I didn't like seeing Pilot and Moya being at odds, but you did a good job of showing the discomfort. Same with Chi-Jothee.

The art was mostly good, with a couple of really bad panes. (Sikozu was unrecognizable at times)

The cover (A) is fantastic.

Comment

Aside from a cameo in Crichton's issue #1 dream sequence, we didn't see Red Eyes in this mini. But worry not, we haven't forgotten him.
      Keith R.A. DeCandido
      [email protected]
      www.decandido.net
      decandido.wordpress.com

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk." ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

Comment

I will have to wait on mine in the mail, but at least now I know it will be on the way. I can't wait to see how this concludes.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by krad View Post
          Aside from a cameo in Crichton's issue #1 dream sequence, we didn't see Red Eyes in this mini. But worry not, we haven't forgotten him.
          Well that is good news.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Got mine in the mail yesterday.

I thought it was okay. Yeah maybe too much story to fit in 32 pages, but then again I thought the virus story was a bit meh in the first place. Heh, it was like Farscape does Andromeda Strain/Fantastic Voyage. Never seen Fantastic Voyage, but I assumed that was who Crichton was referencing.

And yeah cover A was great and that's the one I got.

I enjoyed the series as a whole more for the character bits rather than the story line driving the series. The Crichton dream bit in the first issue was my favorite part of the series.

I was reading Strange Detractors, Angel: Aftermath, and Angel: Blood and Trenches at the same time. I got the last issue in each series yesterday. SD definitely beat out Aftermath by a wide margin. I can't give Aftermath enough thumbs down. That five issue series totally sucked (and that's putting it nicely)...writing and art wise. I got all 5 issues with the covers by Nick Runge, and frankly those covers were the only thing good about the series. Though the last issue was a bit improved in the story. I liked Blood and Trenches better than Strange Detractors though.

Comparing Strange Detractors to the first Farscape comic series, I enjoyed the first one more. I liked the story better in that one.

Still looking forward to Gone and Back (which comes out tomorrow) as I like AU stories...minus giant walking viruses.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

Still looking forward to Gone and Back (which comes out tomorrow) as I like AU stories...minus giant walking viruses.
              I didn't realize that comes out already. Dang, I don't recall if my subscription includes that one. They seem to be lingering on the shelves more now, compared to the first run, so I suppose it's not as big of a deal.

Comment

I liked the conclusion to this series. I hope we get a lot more of these, because I am so used to having Farscape around again (at least in this form).
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The series fell behind schedule -- remember that issue #1 was supposed to come out in November 2008. With Gone and Back #1's release in the month of July 2009, we're finally back on the original schedule.
                  Keith R.A. DeCandido
                  [email protected]
                  www.decandido.net
                  decandido.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by krad View Post
                    The series fell behind schedule -- remember that issue #1 was supposed to come out in November 2008. With Gone and Back #1's release in the month of July 2009, we're finally back on the original schedule.
                    Will there be more after the Gone and Back series?
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                    X