Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Am Number Four News/Discussion/Speculation

Bay takes on sci-fi Four

Transformers director Michael Bay will produce and possibly direct I Am Number Four for DreamWorks, Variety reported; based on a six-book science fiction series, the story follows a group of nine earthbound alien teens who escaped their planet just before it was destroyed by a hostile species.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/news-br...y-takes-on.php

And a new record has been set for explosions in both a childrens movie and an animated feature

Comment

Sounds like the show Roswell a little.

Comment

'Smallville' duo to write Bay's 'Number Four'

Al Gough and Miles Millar have been hired to write I Am Number Four for Michael Bay and DreamWorks, says Variety.

Transformers helmer Bay is attached to produce and will potentially direct the film, which centres on a group of aliens who land on Earth in the guise of teenagers after their home planet is destroyed.

Gough and Millar masterminded the CW's superhero series Smallville and worked on Spider-Man 2 and The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Empire.

I Am Number Four, by James Frey and Jobie Hughes, will be published through HarperCollins Children's Books. DreamWorks is hoping that the planned four-book series will result in a movie franchise.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...mber-four.html

Comment

I am not to sure sound like Roswell or may be even superman, except there four of them this time.

I hope they concentrate on the aliens and the fact that they are coming for earth next.

Comment

Alex Pettyfer (Stormbreaker, Beastly) is in talks to play the lead character in DreamWorks Studios' teen sci-fi movie I am Number Four, to be produced by Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg and directed by D.J. Caruso from a script by Alfred Gough and Miles Millar (TV's Smallville), based on the book by James Frey and Jobie Hughes, about a group of nine Earthbound aliens who escaped their planet just before it was destroyed by a rival species, Variety reported.
            http://scifiwire.com/2010/04/news-br...llville-gu.php

Comment

Michael Bay's Sexy Alien High Schooler/Murder Victim Has Been Cast

We're getting more and more interested in Michael Bay's alien film, I Am Number Four. Especially since he just cast the Number Four, and it's Alex Pettyfer from Beastly. But can this movie really make a February 2011 release date?

The film was adapted from the YA scifi book by James Frey and Jobie Hughes. Here's the basic premise:

"Four" revolves around a group of nine aliens who escaped their home planet just before it was annihilated by a rival species. Hiding out on Earth, the title character (Pettyfer) disguises himself as a human high schooler, only to discover that he is still being hunted by his planet's enemy.
              But what the synopsis doesn't mention is the significance of the number four. There are nine aliens total and in the book the big bad alien murderer cannot kill out of order, from nine on down. By the beginning of the story it's already killed three other aliens...which means it's almost the main character "number 4's" turn.

So there's that whole twist, plus the fact that Smallville creators Al Gough and Miles Millar adapted the screenplay and it's being produced by Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.
              Even stranger the film's facebook page, which may or may not be the real deal, has the release date set for February 18th 2011. How is that even possible? Will there just be zero FX? It had better have some flash — it's a freakin' alien movie after all.
              http://io9.com/5507911/michael-bays-...-has-been-cast
              Favorite Characters:
              Babylon 5: Londo Mollari, G'Kar
              Farscape: Rygel, Zhaan
              SG1: Jack O'Neill
              SG-A: Rodney McKay

Favorite Shows In Order:
              Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

Comment

'Glee' star Agron joins 'Number Four'

Glee actress Dianna Agron has landed a lead role in sci-fi thriller I Am Number Four.

The 24-year-old joins Alex Pettyfer, Teresa Palmer and District 9 star Sharlto Copely in the project, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The movie centres on nine aliens who escape their war-ravaged home planet and take shelter on Earth.

Agron will play a girl who falls for Number Four (Pettyfer) and becomes his confidant.

Eagle Eye helmer DJ Caruso will direct the film for DreamWorks with Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay producing.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...mber-four.html

Comment

New trailer for I Am Number Four amps up the teen alien action

http://blastr.com/2010/12/new-traile...ien-action.php

Comment

I'm looking forward to this movie.
                    sigpic

Comment

Has anyone seen this movie? Just wondering what its like before I invest in a movie ticket.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        Has anyone seen this movie? Just wondering what its like before I invest in a movie ticket.
                        Pretty good action flick, i think you'd like it
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

I have yet to see this, but still really want to. The trailers really interested me.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i saw it and liked it . i didn't realize it was a book until after i probably should check that out.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, it seems that the general thought is that its a good movie. So, I might try to go see it next week.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X