• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PR: Caprica soundtrack

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CAPRICA SOUNDTRACK TO BE RELEASED BY LA-LA LAND RECORDS

Composer Bear McCreary Scores Battlestar Galactica Prequel

(June 10, 2009- Burbank, CA) – La-La Land Records will release the soundtrack for Caprica on June 16, 2009. The two-hour pilot movie, released on DVD on April 21st from Universal Home Entertainment, launches the new series Caprica to air on the SCI FI Channel in early 2010. Bear McCreary (Battlestar Galactica, Wrong Turn 2) composed the score for this Battlestar Galactica prequel. McCreary will be appearing in July at The House of Blues in San Diego during Comic Con. La-La Land Records is releasing the Caprica soundtrack through a license agreement with NBC Universal Television, DVD, Music and Consumer Products Group.

Bear McCreary is one of the top young composers working in Hollywood. His work on the television series Battlestar Galactica has been described as offering “some of the most innovative music on TV today,” by Variety, and his blog www.bearmccreary.com/blog, which features in-depth inside looks at the process of scoring Battlestar Galactica, was called "one of the best blogs in the business. It's a fascinating look at the process of making music for film and television and the care he takes with aligning the score with the twists and turns of each character's plot lines," by The Hollywood Reporter.

Among a handful of select protégés of late film music legend Elmer Bernstein, McCreary is a classically trained composer with degrees in Composition and Recording Arts from the prestigious USC Thornton School of Music. His credits include Wrong Turn 2, the two Rest Stop films, the upcoming Capcom video game Dark Void, the series Eureka, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Battlestar Galactica.

Set 50 years before the events that unfolded in Battlestar Galactica, Caprica chronicles an astonishing scientific breakthrough taking shape on the planet Caprica. The rapidly evolving spheres of human and mechanical engineering have collided, along with the fates of two families. Joined by tragedy in an explosive instant of terror, two rival clans led by powerful patriarchs, Joseph Adama (Esai Morales) and Daniel Graystone (Eric Stoltz) duel in an era of questionable ethics, corporate machinations and unbridled personal ambition as the final war for humanity looms.

"The Caprica score, while echoing the spirit of Galactica, is very much its own entity, like the series itself", says McCreary. "This album is the seed from which the musical universe of Caprica will evolve and grow."

Caprica not only introduces new characters and a new spirit to the Battlestar Galactica family, it also welcomes a new director, Jeffrey Reiner. He describes, “Bear sent me very complete demos against picture that worked great, but it wasn't until I sat in the scoring stage at Warner Bros., and heard the maestro conduct his orchestra, that I was blown away."

"My approach for Caprica would be the polar opposite [of Galactica],” explains McCreary. “After all, the events of this series take place in an entirely different environment. Caprica City is a familiar society at its most decadent and opulent peak. The audience knows that doomsday looms on the horizon, but the characters themselves do not."

There will be musical threads that connect the two series. For example, the track “The Adama Name” ends with an understated reprise of the Adama family theme (“Wander My Friends”) to connect the boy of Caprica to the commander of Galactica. Have no fear … the taiko percussion ensemble returns and can be heard on “Cybernetic Life Form Node.”

Caprica is currently available on DVD and will premiere on the SCI FI Channel in early 2010. The Caprica soundtrack will be available in stores or from www.lalalandrecords.com on June 16, 2009. The two-CD Battlestar Galactica: Season 4 soundtrack will be released by La-La Land Records on July 21. For information about Bear McCreary’s Battlestar Galactica concerts, July 23-25 in San Diego during Comic Con, visit www.bearmccreary.com.

About NBC Universal Television DVD, Music, and Consumer Products Group
    NBC Universal is a leader in providing entertainment programming to the
    domestic and international marketplaces. NBC Universal Television DVD,
    Music, and Consumer Products Group manages all global ancillary television business endeavors for the NBC Universal Television Group, including third-party home entertainment distribution, consumer products, musical soundtracks, special markets projects and the NBC Universal Online Store.

###

For more information contact: [email protected]

You really don't need to spam these boards with Bear McCreary stuff.

The people who frequent Gateworld's BSG boards are pretty much universally fans of his work and buy everything he releases.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I send the press releases because sometimes there is some additional info in the release that people like to see....

Comment

Originally posted by CineMedia Promotions View Post
        I send the press releases because sometimes there is some additional info in the release that people like to see....
        indeed thank you anything bear mcceary is worth reading

Comment

i love bear.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
            i love bear.
            i love him more
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
            X