Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis - complete series on DVD (set)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis - complete series on DVD (set)

Yup, just like with SG1, they're coming out with a complete set of SGA.

Details up at

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sta...llection/12184

'Bout time. Now to see whether there will be any new bonus features that'll make buying the series set worth it for those who have already bought season sets.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

At least they got the word out to us before season 5 came out.

I'll sell my season 1 - 4 sets and buy the Complete Set.

Looks nice.

Although I am trying to picture how it will look next to the SG-1 set.

Comment

God damn it that's nice box art.

I hope the Temp art for the R2 release is scrapped and they go with that one!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

oooo..nice that looks great. Thanks for saring
          GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

It does look nice. Quick question for those with the complete SG-1 set, how were the discs? I've read a lot of complaints about the discs being damaged in those. If they are, that might make me hesitant to buy the Atlantis set.

Comment

Don't worry about SG1 set. Fox vids are replacing the disks when you call in. It's easy Fox's number in Australia is 0283532100.

Comment

that does look nice, but I can't be bothered going to the hassle of selling my individual boxsets for less than I paid for them, to pay more for this set. Unless it has some amazing special features, I won't bother.

Shame that cover isn't for the Uk market, although ours looks far more colourful and detailed. Not sure which I prefer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stargate-Atl...7336534&sr=8-7

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                  that does look nice, but I can't be bothered going to the hassle of selling my individual boxsets for less than I paid for them, to pay more for this set. Unless it has some amazing special features, I won't bother.

Shame that cover isn't for the Uk market, although ours looks far more colourful and detailed. Not sure which I prefer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stargate-Atl...7336534&sr=8-7
                  The R2 ATLANTIS set looks like it is about the same dimensions as the R1 SG-1 set. Which at least would somewhat match each other.

The R1 ATLANTIS set looks wider, longer, and hog about TWICE as much shelf space as the SG-1 set.

I DON"T WANT MY STARGATE DVDs TO CLASH ! ! ! !

Comment

*bump*

I just had to register here because no one else would understand it ....
                    my Stargate preorder from Amazon (.co.uk, while i actually live in germany ) arrived!!! YAY

It's the Stargate Atlantis complete series pack and Stargate SG1 Children of the Gods, which means i can finally start my Stargate marathon (and just when i should be studying for exams... darn, got to delay these plans). I had both preordered, but since i wouldn't be home anyways to receive it, i just asked them to send it together once they could send SGA.
                    Yes im going to see the CoTG final cut in my marathon and not the original version, but the original will always be close to my heart! I will never forget where your reproductive organs are, Sam, never!(wait, i don't think that was the point of her rant ...)

anyways, i'm kinda disappointed... i mean, i knew that the box wouldn't be as awesome as the first SG1 complete series pack, but seriously... five seperate plastic dvd cases? the original single season carboard foldcases or whatever they are, which i find around here (though for much too high a price) look a lot better...
                    but hey, i finally got it!

now how will i do this? so much to do, so much to see

anyone else in region 2 got it?

Comment

Is there anything additional in the complete set that wasn't in the original releases? I already have the first four seasons on DVD and have held out on buying season 5 to wait and see if there's anything extra like there was with the SG-1 set.

The problem with these huge box sets that contain complete shows is that there is never any thought put into the actual packaging. I've read reviews for several sets that says the packaging is terrible - Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek: TNG, MASH and Stargate SG-1, issues with discs getting scratched, etc. That would be my one concern with buying this set.
                      That is just my two cents.

Comment

i haven't had any trouble with the SG1 discs, nor on any other of those complete series sets that i have and usually get complaints of scratched discs.
                        Since the Region2 SGA complete set is in the standard plastic case, there probably is no scratching on the discs.

The box says it has a bonus disc, and the season 5 case says
                        "Bonus Disc: -Mission 100: Atlantis reaches a milestone -Stargate Atlantis: A retrospective"
                        so i guess thats a complete series bonus disc, but i haven't watched it yet

edit: oh wait! the bottom of the box has a description there yep thats the bonus disc
                        Last edited by Crrash; 13 August 2009, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Well it's been almost a month since any new replies here, and the release date for the boxset draws nearer (yet Amazon is still lacking any details).

Does anyone know about any extras yet? Like a few others here I've held out on buying the seasons individually in the hope there'll be some extra yummies on the complete set.

And they reeeeeally should have bloopers - even if TPTB don't like them or think it encourages the actors to be silly - well you've ended Atlantis now so no more chance for the actors to be silly - so now you can give us the bloopers. (Please).

Comment

Working...
                          X