Transport tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transport tubes

Assuming its not just not a glitch, how can a character take a transport tube from one sector to another sector? (One instance is in 'Passing through Gethsemane' where Brother Edward takes a tube from Green to Brown - even though Grey is between them)

The tubes go through multiple sectors? Do you have any kind of schematic of the station?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by songar87 View Post
      Assuming its not just not a glitch, how can a character take a transport tube from one sector to another sector? (One instance is in 'Passing through Gethsemane' where Brother Edward takes a tube from Green to Brown - even though Grey is between them)
      It's easy. The station's a giant tube, remember? The transport tubes probably go from one end to the other, passing through all the different sectors.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

You're talking about the core shuttle. I am talking about the floor-to-floor elevators. They should theoretically stay within one sector, but I have sometimes seen them start in one sector and stop in another. (In the example I mentioned, Brother Edward leaves Delenn's quarters in Green Sector, gets on an elevator and says a Brown Sector number, then steps off in brown)

Comment

It's a bit confusing, to be sure. I always figured they work a bit like the turbolifts in Star Trek, i.e. they can move vertically as well as horizontally. The core shuttle is just much faster for getting from one end of the station to the other.
          sigpic

Comment

I also like that idea, but I wonder if the shots shown of the elevators moving from outside contradict that line of thinking.. (i.e. the shot from 'The Gathering' where Sinclair's elevator breaks down and they show the outside of the elevator stopping)

Comment

Maybe they have different types of transport tubes, up and down and sideways.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Works for me...

Comment

I didn't think the transport tubes went sideways, only up and down. The way they pass through sectors is that the sectors radiate out from the core, amongst their other characteristics. However looking at a schematic, I see this should theoretically only be possible with red and green sectors Was there a particular instance you had in mind?

Comment

Working...
                  X