Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farscape: Dargo's Lament #3 comic book discussion (SPOILERS!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape: Dargo's Lament #3 comic book discussion (SPOILERS!)

#3 hits shelves today. I'll be picking it up shortly. Anybody else getting it today? I know our other 2 thread regulars don't get them for a few weeks it seems.

I haven't been reading this series. Trying to be selective with how I spend my dollars on comics now that I have discovered them....

I bought the first series and the current Strange Detractors and of course I'll get Gone and Back Again, but I'm also dabbling over in Joss Whedon's Angel series of comics. After the Fall was awesome, but Aftermath (written and drawn by different people) sucks big time, but I bought the first two issues and thought it would improve but no such luck, and seeing as how there is only one issue left in that series, I have to buy it. Then I am also reading Angel: Blood and Trenches which was worth the money...really good art in that one and the story's good...it has one issue left. Then there are 3 upcoming Angel issues written by the guy who wrote After the Fall that I will be getting, as well as the last hardcover volume of After the Fall, and a couple of old trade paperbacks centered on Spike that he wrote that I want....

Anyway, I just wasn't as interested in these D'Argo stories. Maybe in the future I'll go back and get them if BOOM will issue them as trades. Hope you are liking them though.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

That's understandable Lonestar, these things add up real quick. I guess that is one nice thing about Farscape, it has a relatively manageable universe to keep up with. I picked up some Buffy comics for really cheap, but of course it's not a full run, so I probably would have been better off just buying the books. Now I tend to keep my head down when picking up my scape books, to avoid spending anything else.

Anyway, onto the issue. This was my favorite of the Dargo stories so far. It is packed with important Farscape history, so if you are one who finds these books to be canon, this is a can't miss. Honestly, I wasn't as into this series until now. Nice work Boom crew!

A small nit pick:The cover art was weird this time, with Cover A being "soft" looking in a different style and cover B looking cheap.

Comment

I will be waiting for this one in the mail. Hopefully, I should get it soon.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
        X