Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Atlantis team communicates with Atlantis Control...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Atlantis team communicates with Atlantis Control...

I've been wondering in Atlantis how does a team out on a planet or Puddlejumper communicate with the Atlantis Control through their radios.

Cause I can't remember if a wormhole needs to be established so they could communincate, like in SG-1 and the MALP.

Or is it that the Ancients have incredibally great reception throughout the whole Pegasus galaxy.

Does anyone know?
    ~Athena

The PJ must have a built in commutation system so all they do is patch into the system to communicate with Atlantis control.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
      The PJ must have a built in commutation system so all they do is patch into the system to communicate with Atlantis control.
      Ah...thanks for the quick reply Wass.

That makes sense. Now I can stop thinking and hurting my brain
      ~Athena

Comment

No problem happy to help
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I always thought the PJ communicated via radio, because in "Suspicion," Major Sheppard said: "We'll advise when we're back in radio range" during a PJ flight.
          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
            I always thought the PJ communicated via radio, because in "Suspicion," Major Sheppard said: "We'll advise when we're back in radio range" during a PJ flight.
            even thoguh they seem to be able to work everything in atlantis with out any experimentation or errors, maybe this is actually a sign that they dont have full access to all the ancient systems. a race as advanced as the ancients probably had a better way of communicating than radio wave (we mere humans are slowly discovering new and better ways ourselves) so maybe they cant use the built in atlantis/puddle jumper communication system and have to rely on their own radios

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
              even thoguh they seem to be able to work everything in atlantis with out any experimentation or errors, maybe this is actually a sign that they dont have full access to all the ancient systems. a race as advanced as the ancients probably had a better way of communicating than radio wave (we mere humans are slowly discovering new and better ways ourselves) so maybe they cant use the built in atlantis/puddle jumper communication system and have to rely on their own radios
              The Wraith, Goa'uld, Tok'ra, Tollan, etc. use subspace to communicate. We clearly know about this, and I believe that at the end of "Serpent Song" the Tok'ra gave us a Tollan subspace communicator, so it seems that after six years we should have been able to reverse-engineer something from it.
              Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                The Wraith, Goa'uld, Tok'ra, Tollan, etc. use subspace to communicate. We clearly know about this, and I believe that at the end of "Serpent Song" the Tok'ra gave us a Tollan subspace communicator, so it seems that after six years we should have been able to reverse-engineer something from it.
                yes the tok'ra gave us the communicator but i doubt they would have risked taking it apart since it is their only one and only way to contact the tok;ra if we need them. like jack said "we dont need their stuff, we do need them" also given how advanced the tollan were just taking it apart and learning how it worked doesnt mean we can neccasarily duplicate the tech

Comment

Good point, but seeing as they know about it, you'd think they might be able to figure out the Ancient version of it.
                  Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                    I've been wondering in Atlantis how does a team out on a planet or Puddlejumper communicate with the Atlantis Control through their radios.

Cause I can't remember if a wormhole needs to be established so they could communincate, like in SG-1 and the MALP.

Or is it that the Ancients have incredibally great reception throughout the whole Pegasus galaxy.

Does anyone know?
                    When they are on another world, I still believe that the wormhole still has to be open for a communication with Atlantis base.

And I agree with Wass about the PJ having a built in communication system because they were using it "38 Minutes" (I think that was the name of the episode.)

Comment

I thought they were using their radios in "38 Minutes," because they were cut off from the cock pit, and didn't Weir press her headset or something so she could hear?
                      Rocky

Comment

They use their radios in "38 Minutes". They were only a few meters away from the event horizon throughout most of the episode.
                        Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Athenaktt and everybody : If the Goauld have long range communicator, the asgard has technology capable of communicating betwen galaxy, and the tollan too . Why don't the ancient ? So maybe the earth outpost could communicate with the city ... and any other outpost ? it makes sense isn't it ?
                          - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
                          - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
                          - The Nox

Comment

Working...
                          X