This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asurans

the asurans imitated the ancients as they were the most advanced form they knew of. they only created technology that the ancients had, ZPMs aurora class ships, city ships etc.

people always complain about the fact that the asurans had cloaked ships..well so did the ancients rewatch before i sleep.

they had drones but proably rarely used them, they may have been hard to make or used to much power to be a plausible defensive weapon so energy based weapions which the ancients used were used by the asurans

in BAMSR they didnt have time to fire drones when the attack begun and mckay may have taken that system offline when he got into the core room.

Originally posted by escyos View Post
    the asurans imitated the ancients as they were the most advanced form they knew of. they only created technology that the ancients had, ZPMs aurora class ships, city ships etc.

people always complain about the fact that the asurans had cloaked ships..well so did the ancients rewatch before i sleep.

they had drones but proably rarely used them, they may have been hard to make or used to much power to be a plausible defensive weapon so energy based weapions which the ancients used were used by the asurans

in BAMSR they didnt have time to fire drones when the attack begun and mckay may have taken that system offline when he got into the core room.
    OK your point is.......?

Comment

HUH don't get what your trying hint at?? are you asking a question or making a statement?

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post

Three words, WHAT…THE…HELL!
        Ok, why would people complain the fact that the Asurans had cloaked ships, in their defence that’s a bloody brilliant and unpredictable ‘stand by’ strategy!!

Hmm, you might want to consider Watching season 3, episode 5 again!
        My point is, the ancients were trying to destroy the replicator civilisation by firing drones and no offence but from what I can see, they didn’t look like they cared about wasting drones!

In Season four, episode eleven, ‘Be all my sins remember’d’, the replicators build 39 Aurora class war ships, why the hell would they create that much ‘WAR’ ships and rarely use ‘drones’…defeats the purpose of building the ships in the first place!

For them, Making Ships (City and War) and ZPM’s, is quite simple, they have the knowledge and technological capabilities.

I am not trying to attack you..but that's just....weird!!

It’s simple, I am sick and tired of the writers for making the replicators seem so stupid, an ancient technological civilisation would have had true potential and could have had been a very ‘VERY’ interesting story line!
        They made a great plot hole into nothing worth getting excited about!!

Comment

They were good at REPLICATING the ancients, not soo good at innovating and creating new stuff.

Comment

i never knew the ancients had very large ships that could be cloaked but i think its not too much of a stretch to expect the asurans to have taken the idea of big ship + cloak and put them together

Comment

i remember it being stated somewhere that their is a biological component to drone were the user has to be organic and have the ata gene to use them. im not sure about that but it does provide a reason that so few drones are used by the asurans

Comment

Originally posted by Galactic Lego View Post
                i remember it being stated somewhere that their is a biological component to drone were the user has to be organic and have the ata gene to use them. im not sure about that but it does provide a reason that so few drones are used by the asurans
                you dont think that a bunch of technoligcally advanced machines could interface with a computer to control drones?

Comment

Originally posted by Galactic Lego View Post
                  The Asurans are part organic themselves so that wouldn't really be a problem.
                  Last edited by TrueLordOfNetu; 21 June 2009, 02:29 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                    They were good at REPLICATING the ancients, not soo good at innovating and creating new stuff.
                    Exactly. The ancients were inept with regards to war and the Asurans replicated that to a tee.

Comment

did u not see the episode may all my sins be remember'd, where they built 30 ships to take out the wraith's food suply? (that is a great episode!)

Comment

Originally posted by stargateman26 View Post
                        did u not see the episode may all my sins be remember'd, where they built 30 ships to take out the wraith's food suply? (that is a great episode!)
                        How'd that turn out for them? It was 30 after the dedy and apollo raped their fleet BTW.

Comment

Working...
                        X