This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weir's greatest achievement ? Spoilers all 5 seasons

what is the greatest achievement of Weir's life?
    Maybe a mod can turn this into a poll

a) Saving atlantis in before I sleep.
    (also note this not only saved them in rising, but also in the seige 3, that zpm was a result of her encouraging Janus to continue his time travel experiments after leaving pegasus)

b) Saving Atlantis from the replicators in Lifeline.
    (by getting them a full zpm)

c) Talking the Genii out of a couple nukes

d) Ok-ing the creation of Michael (and the military would have just offed all the human-wraith in misbegotten leading to Beckett's return)

e) Finally neutralizing the Asurans once and for all
    Saving Atlantis in Before I Sleep ?
    52.73%
    Saving Atlantis from the Asurans in Lifeline ?
    21.82%
    Negotiating for Nukes with the Genii ?
    5.45%
    Okaying the creation of "Michael"
    3.64%
    Finally neutralising the Asurans ?
    9.09%
    Other ?
    7.27%

The greatest achievement?

Before she went to Atlantis, she said she helped aid in peace talks between the nations on earth... That's what she'll most likely be remembered for.

I joke, I joke...

But in all honesty, it doesn't matter what she did. She'll never get recognition for it because the public might never find out about the stargate program. All the stuff she has done will be filed away in a book somewhere, never to be seen.

I'd go with "A" though. she saved the life of her crew, and atlantis.

Comment

<Snipped only the deleted post requote.Bagpuss.>

I thought character bashing wasn't allowed on GW.

Anyway, my vote is for F: all of the above. Weir's devotion to her duty, to put the expedition before even her own life, is an expression of her belief in the good in all people, and the ideals of humanity that are at the heart of the expedition's purpose. To better humanity and safeguard it against those who would threaten it.
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 20 June 2009, 08:08 AM. Reason: see the message.:)
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I think saving the expedition in Lifeline with that personal sacrifice. That is never easy to do.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I think saving the expedition in Lifeline with that personal sacrifice. That is never easy to do.
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Becoming a replicator!
            www.stargatetew.com - An Unofficial Unreal Tournament 3 Total Conversion

www.moddb.com - Change The Game

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
              The greatest achievement?

Before she went to Atlantis, she said she helped aid in peace talks between the nations on earth..
              that will go down as my favorite. hell with what she did on atlantis i am more worried about our planet then Pegasus

Comment

Coping with Sheppard as military commander.
                "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                  Coping with Sheppard as military commander.
                  here here
                  "i'm not doctor weir"

yeah, damn straight.

Comment

I would have to say E out of these chocies. It is hard to say because she was such a strong character thoughout her time on the show. I chose E because that had the most sacrafice, she couldn't even be sure she was going to be killed and taken out of her missery. She knew that the replicators could probe her mind and torcher her beyond any imaginable ways for as long as they wanted to. Yet, she still put the lives of her expidition before herself. This is different than Sheperd flying a nuke into a hive ship; he would have been instantly vaporized without the possiblity of a slow painful death.

Carter and Wolsey are great, but I do miss Weir!

Comment

...being a sexy leader....

Comment

I Vote "B", Personal Sacrifice is never easy, but it was that selfless act that saved Atlantis and all there people who where living there!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Anyway, my vote is for F: all of the above. Weir's devotion to her duty, to put the expedition before even her own life, is an expression of her belief in the good in all people, and the ideals of humanity that are at the heart of the expedition's purpose. To better humanity and safeguard it against those who would threaten it.
                          Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

A perfect description of the character IMO
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wib View Post
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Scary Kitty

Agreed.
                              Again; I agree. Weir's dedication to Humanity & what it stands for; & her personification thereof, is perhaps her most enduring legacy & stands as an example & a lesson for the Expedition & the rest of the Human race (no atter what planet we live on!).

Comment

Working...
                              X