This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Hives

As far as we know at least 29 hive ships have been destroyed not counting the ones in the asuran-wraith war. very few cruisers have been seen indicated perhaps they arent around anymore, no new wraith ships.

they arent doing to well are they. surely the IOA would authorise the 304 fleet to come to pegasus and take out a few more and get the wraith all scared and then offer them the gene therapy to end the war.

one thing that i didnt like was the lack of evolution in technology among the wraith surely when the war begun they would try to create more technology.

that wraith in Condemned could have made the Olesians make them technology tto fight the other wraith but he chose to wipe them out instead. yea they woulc have become a threat but im sure a hive could keep them in check from orbit.

we know the wraith can adapt technology to their own (ZPMs) and are resourceful to counter attacks (asuran shut down command).

You do realize that the Atlantis Movie is probably called

Spoiler:
    Stargate Extinction

So we don't exactly know what's going to happen.

My Controls · Edit Signature · Edit Avatar

Comment

We've seen how easy it is to grow a Hive Ship so I assume the Wraith have a virtually unlimited supply of ships. When they were hibernating there was no need to make new ships but when the replicator war started I think they began to grow more hives.
      However they are slowly running out of drones to man those ships because of the shortage of "food" but they are still a force to be reckoned with in the Pegasus Galaxy.

Spoiler:
      Extinction could also be about the extinction of the Asgard

Comment

According to Sheppard even a single dominant Wraith faction would be formidable adversary, clearly they have far more ships then most people think. Antagonizing the Wraith is pointless while they're fighting each other, let them fight and continue to work on alternate foods it will be easier to negotiate with a single faction then 10.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Tbh, I would like to see the attero device + avenger 2.0/Ba'al take out the wraith. It's just so sexy...

Comment

First order of business is to eliminate all queens except one, and only if she agrees to the gene therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by meo3000 View Post
              First order of business is to eliminate all queens except one, and only if she agrees to the gene therapy.
              And how do you suggest we do that?
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                And how do you suggest we do that?
                Rohypnol.

Temp0ral. (No, I don't condone the use of drugs, but there ARE extenuating circumstances.)
                sigpic

Comment

blow up the bridge of a hive with an APBW

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    blow up the bridge of a hive with an APBW
                    Are Queens normally on the bridge? What about larger groups of Hives...

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                      Tbh, I would like to see the attero device + avenger 2.0/Ba'al take out the wraith. It's just so sexy...
                      enough of that crap. its never gonna happen and i think THAT would be the worst thing to suddenyl happen like people think the Ark of Truth and the wormhole drive was (which i dont)

plus the wraith might be able to re-establish the gate network or modify their hyperdrives and then we're back to square one. also we would have to build the attero device again and what happens if there are thousands of people trying to get through the gate when a hive comes near there planet....oh look you killed them all...good job

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                        enough of that crap. its never gonna happen and i think THAT would be the worst thing to suddenyl happen like people think the Ark of Truth and the wormhole drive was (which i dont)

plus the wraith might be able to re-establish the gate network or modify their hyperdrives and then we're back to square one. also we would have to build the attero device again and what happens if there are thousands of people trying to get through the gate when a hive comes near there planet....oh look you killed them all...good job

Although if the wraith were all still alive, they'd die anyway.. and as they'd come out of hyperspace, they'd be destroyed..

It's just a good combination and would bring back warm memories of the avenger 2.0 episode.

Comment

With the potential that was revealed in that superhive Todd made it would seem pretty likely that, if they shifted their design priorities around a bit, they could fairly easily make a new ship type that was heavy and ponderous but also almost completly immune to Asgard beams and drones.

The superhive also shows that at least one faction was working on new things, in this case adapting ancient systems to work with their ships. Given how fast Todd was able to do it it's likely they'd already progressed fairly far in this area before he even started to, probably thanks to the research that already went into creating their ZPM powered cloning machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                            Although if the wraith were all still alive, they'd die anyway.. and as they'd come out of hyperspace, they'd be destroyed..

It's just a good combination and would bring back warm memories of the avenger 2.0 episode.
                            umm what....i was talking about the fact taht those human, who would have otherwise escaped, would be killed. and they wouldnt be able to go into hyperspace in the first place so how could they come of out it.

ya got a wee bit confused there gov'na (apparently we australians speak like that)

Comment

Working...
                            X