Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape web and ?'s

Anyone have any good farscape websites? Anyone know Of a great forum to
    talk about it? I am am about to start watching the show for the first time. I hope i like it half as much as I do stargate! Is their anything else out their besides the 4 seasons? WHat about collectables and novel? THanks to anyone with any kind of answer.

Here is a link to a great Farscape Forum. Enjoy - http://terrafirmascapers.com/
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Not sure why, but I haven't gone to any other Farscape site. I'm probably intimidated.

Jedi, here are some notes about it I find often come up and should answer some of your questions:

There is a miniseries which wraps up the story (PKW).
      There are a few novels, but only House of Cards is considered any good.
      The DVDs are OOP and very expensive 2nd hand, with no sound plans for a new release now that Sony owns them.
      Webisodes are in the works, but there hasn't been updates about that for a while.
      There are some Canon comics that started coming out late last year that are excellent and pick up where the show left off.
      Farscape collectibles are much more rare than other SciFi shows.
      It's a fantastic show, I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do. It is truly bold and different. Make sure you give it a good chance (I wasn't blown away immediately my first time through, but when you get hooked you get hooked)

Comment

THanks to you both. I now have see the first two episodes. WHy do you life farscape? WHat draws you in?

Comment

Originally posted by Theimmortaljedi View Post
          THanks to you both. I now have see the first two episodes. WHy do you life farscape? WHat draws you in?
          What drew me in? The characters, the storytelling. The (just in case)
          Spoiler:
          epic love story between John and Aeryn.
          Pretty much everything, really. Farscape, IMO, is some of the best science fiction ever made.

I remember early on in my viewing of the show, simply forgetting that Rygel and Pilot were puppets. They come across as such real characters, with real emotions and motivations. It really is amazing.

I really hope you enjoy your Farscape journey, my friend. From time to time, please let us know how you are progressing through the show, and what you think about it.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yeah, it's hard to explain without somewhat spoiling the experience. All I can say at this point is the characters are amazing.

Comment

This is the type of show that doesn't talk down to the viewer. It is a very smart show.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Season 2 and 3 are available for rent thru Netflix.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                What drew me in? The characters, the storytelling. The (just in case)
                Spoiler:
                epic love story between John and Aeryn.
                Pretty much everything, really. Farscape, IMO, is some of the best science fiction ever made.

I remember early on in my viewing of the show, simply forgetting that Rygel and Pilot were puppets. They come across as such real characters, with real emotions and motivations. It really is amazing.
                What she/he said.

Really that is a very good description. Also actions have real consequences and not for just 1 or 2 epsiodes and then it's forgotten. What happens affects the charactions emotions and actions thru the whole 4 seasons . (I'd like to give you some examples but that would really spoil things).

I've had several people ask me for some episodes that really demonstrate this and I started to say S3 Dog with Two Bones - which is a really emotional episode. But to understand the full impact of the scenes you have to know what came before and how the characters grew and changed over the seasons (especially Aeryn) to come to those decisions.

This is not a show that has alot of episodes that are 1 offs and the events and people are forgotten never to be heard from again. Most episodes have effects, some small, some large that if not directly referenced have a built upon effect that cames to a head in the future. The angst you feel from watching really gets to you and makes you crave and fear what's going to happen next.

One of the problems I had when I tried to what Battlestar Galactica was that it seem relentlessly dark and I just couldn't handle it. Farscape has some of the darkest episodes I have ever seen on tv (really realy dark - I can't believe they are doing this) but they interchange with other types so you get breaks and want to continue watching.

Farscape has some of the angstiest, weirdest (wait till you get to 'Won't Get Fooled Again' ), funniest, and darkest episodes I have ever seen. I truely have to take my hat off to the writers, directors, etc they did an absolutely fantastic job!!
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                  Season 2 and 3 are available for rent thru Netflix.

What she/he said.

Really that is a very good description. Also actions have real consequences and not for just 1 or 2 epsiodes and then it's forgotten. What happens affects the charactions emotions and actions thru the whole 4 seasons . (I'd like to give you some examples but that would really spoil things).

I've had several people ask me for some episodes that really demonstrate this and I started to say S3 Dog with Two Bones - which is a really emotional episode. But to understand the full impact of the scenes you have to know what came before and how the characters grew and changed over the seasons (especially Aeryn) to come to those decisions.

This is not a show that has alot of episodes that are 1 offs and the events and people are forgotten never to be heard from again. Most episodes have effects, some small, some large that if not directly referenced have a built upon effect that cames to a head in the future. The angst you feel from watching really gets to you and makes you crave and fear what's going to happen next.

One of the problems I had when I tried to what Battlestar Galactica was that it seem relentlessly dark and I just couldn't handle it. Farscape has some of the darkest episodes I have ever seen on tv (really realy dark - I can't believe they are doing this) but they interchange with other types so you get breaks and want to continue watching.

Farscape has some of the angstiest, weirdest (wait till you get to 'Won't Get Fooled Again' ), funniest, and darkest episodes I have ever seen. I truely have to take my hat off to the writers, directors, etc they did an absolutely fantastic job!!
                  I am a he.

They did indeed do a fantastic job on this great show. All those types of episodes you just mentioned, they did so well too.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                  X