This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Theme

Okay, is it just me or are there words in the Atlantis Theme? I mean, at first, it just sounds kind of like a ladies' chorus in the background kind of ooing and aahing... But after hearing the same song like 375 times you start to hear the words. Tell me if I'm wrong, but aren't they saying

"Ooooooh, we get our woooooorld.....
    We get our waaaaaaay......
    We GOOOT IT!!"...?

I mean, just listen to it once with that in mind and try to tell me they're not singing that. I have searched far and wide for someone else who believes this, and have found nothing remotely close to even questioning the background vocals of the theme. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks,

~JamieDay

They're not singing that. No, seriously, IMO they 're not singing anything. It's just random chorus and apart from that, I never heard or read anything about a vocal Atlantis theme.
    Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
    Jack: "What?"
    Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
    Jack: "What?"
    Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
    Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
    - - - - -
    Knight Rider S01E11
    KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
    - - - - -
    Eureka S03E12
    Bismarck: This is madness.
    Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

Do you mean the music played with the opening sequence?
      Hmm.. If my computer had sound I'd play it, but I'm too cheap to afford a new sound card

Comment

I'm sorry, I just don't hear it. My opinion is its just your brain playing tricks on you. It happens when you hear the same thing many times.
        ---------------------------------------------
        This message was brought to you by:
        The Church of Origin
        Murdering unbelievers since 10 000 000 BC
        -----------------------------------------------

Comment

LOL, seriously, when i listen to it with this text in my head i start to hear it
          Freaky!
          sigpic

Comment

Great....now you got it in my head. I really can't tell if they're saying it or not now. But after reading this and you saying keep it in your head during it, I now hear it....
            That is weird....

Comment

Geez! Some of you guys should really stop smoking that Wacky Baccy! It's baaad!
              www.stargatetew.com - An Unofficial Unreal Tournament 3 Total Conversion

www.moddb.com - Change The Game

Comment

There's this guy on YouTube that made up lyrics to the Atlantis theme.

Snippets of it include...
                "Then Humans - they went there. They fought the Wraith and the Genii."

"Stargate Atlantis, is real, it's underwater-right where the Ancients have left it."

Overall, not too bad...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rWisqVrbRU
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I always thought it was some minor chorus from the SG-1 lyrics

Something along the lines of

"It's a brand new world"

as the first line and to be honest I never had a theory for the rest of the words in it.

Um, or it could be "we get our world", but the first seems to make more sense.

Comment

haha damn you now im going to think that everytime i hear that!!!

good pick up though lol
                    The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

Yes, I've wondered about those lyrics... it may just be elaborate versions of "lalalalalalala" or another syllable that the singers were told. It's actually my ringtone...ain't that sad??

Also wonder about the Latin sounding lyrics in the Arch of Truth...

Comment

Originally posted by Ilana View Post
                        Yes, I've wondered about those lyrics... it may just be elaborate versions of "lalalalalalala" or another syllable that the singers were told. It's actually my ringtone...ain't that sad??

I always assumed it was Ominous Latin Chanting but I don't speak latin. Maybe we can get someone who does speak altin to confirm if that's what it is?
                        "Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
                        "Those who abandon the path are evil."
                        "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

Originally posted by Ilana View Post
                          Yes, I've wondered about those lyrics... it may just be elaborate versions of "lalalalalalala" or another syllable that the singers were told.

I tend to agree. The vocals have no meaning, just syllables probably written into the composition. (Somebody ask Joel Goldsmith maybe.) Reminds me of the music in the "2001 A Space Odyssey" scene with the apes climbing on the slab. Those also were vocals without any real lyrics.

In an earlier era of TV they might have been singing the name of the show's sponsor.

My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
                            In an earlier era of TV they might have been singing the name of the show's sponsor.
                            "Smoke luck... those lucky strikes... those lucky strikes... smoke now!

"Enemies of the Ori show no mercy in their attempts to draw believers away from the path."
                            "Those who abandon the path are evil."
                            "Hallowed are the Ori!"

"Individuals who point the finger and assign blame based on nothing more than their gut instinct are ignorant at best, cretins at worst." -- Joseph Mallozzi

Comment

I just played the title backwards and I could have sworn I heard some evil devil worshipping instructions.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X