Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good news, everyone! Futurama returns with 26 new eps in 2010!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news, everyone! Futurama returns with 26 new eps in 2010!

The story is all over various entertainment sites, I've picked this one at random. It's pretty much confirmed at this point, though the buzz seems to be that the press release on it will come at Comic Con next month.

The renewal is another coup for 20th co-chairs Gary Newman and Dana Walden, who’ve established a track record for never giving up on animated comedies.

“When we brought back Family Guy several years ago, everyone said that it was a once in a lifetime thing—that canceled series stay canceled and cannot be revived,” the executives said in a joint statement. “But Futurama was another series that fans simply demanded we bring back, and we couldn’t have been happier when Matt and David agreed that there were many more stories yet to tell.”

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Holy crap! I really hope this is the case. I would love to have Futurama back on the air.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I hate to bump threads, but I'm just floored that here of all places there's only one response to this.

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        I hate to bump threads, but I'm just floored that here of all places there's only one response to this.

I know. Guess there aren't very many Futurama fans on GW at the moment.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Woohooo!!

Comment

Originally posted by ohnd View Post
            Woohooo!!
            Awesome, another fan.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Read this the day before yesterday.

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! Best news I've heard all year.

There is a God! Or at least, a glowing Nebula that talks!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                Read this the day before yesterday.

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! Best news I've heard all year.

There is a God! Or at least, a glowing Nebula that talks!
                Indeed, my friend.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Can't wait, although i was a little disappointed in the recent movies.
                  Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                    Can't wait, although i was a little disappointed in the recent movies.
                    I gave up after the second tbh. I think Futurama is better suited to single stories contained within 25mins rather than trying for the hour and a half. I am however extremely happy about this new development and will watch for sure.
                    Spoiler:

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I thought the movies were pretty good. I really look forward to this returning as a weekly show though. I hope it continues on just like Family Guy has since its return.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

New article

“I keep thinking of the insidious possibilities of the iPhone, which I use every five seconds of the day. How you can track anyone anywhere, or market your taco stand to people standing 4 feet away. Or the sinister possibilities of Twitter, and so forth,” said David X. Cohen, the show’s longtime executive producer. “Cellphones were the size of bricks when we first went on the air, so we made jokes about tiny cellphones. Now, they’re everywhere.”

The world has definitely changed for the stranger since the Emmy-winning animated show was cut down in its prime in 2003. Now that the show is being resuscitated for 26 new episodes, there’s even been a report that show creator Matt Groening was thinking of rebooting Futurama or its characters, Star Trek-style.

“Obviously we’re not going to recast it,” said Cohen, who spoke with Wired.com by phone after rumors of Futurama’s television comeback broke. “Fortunately our characters are still young and good-looking, so there’s no need for that yet. But in upcoming episodes we want to talk about the characters’ lives and the everyday tech of the future. We’re already working on one involving a shocking sexual relationship. We like to both shock and inform our viewers in equal measure.”

Futurama’s fan-fueled rebirth comes after a string of four lucrative straight-to-DVD movies, including Into the Wild Green Yonder (above), released earlier this year and set to air on Comedy Central in September.

Adult Swim’s airing of Futurama reruns on a regular schedule “helped build up that loyal following of people who are up at that hour for no good reason,” Cohen said. That, in turn, paved the way for the DVDs’ success. But the DVD boom, which is rapidly giving way to digital distribution, also helped the show make a comeback.
                        I love these guys' sense of humour

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          New article

I love these guys' sense of humour
                          Same here. They are good.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            I know. Guess there aren't very many Futurama fans on GW at the moment.
                            Some Futurama fans were on vacation away from the Internet. I couldn't be happier. I missed the awesomeness that is Dr. Zoldberg
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Some Futurama fans were on vacation away from the Internet. I couldn't be happier. I missed the awesomeness that is Dr. Zoldberg
                              Zoidberg is great, no doubt about that. They all are.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X