Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katee Sackhoff joins 24 as a series regular in Season 8

Scoop: Katee Sackhoff makes time for '24'

Suddenly, I find myself counting the minutes until 24's new season. Perhaps this is why: Katee Sackhoff is joining the cast!

Sources confirm to me exclusively that the Battlestar Galactica heroine has been tapped to play the series regular role of Dana Walsh, a highly respected and down-to-earth data analyst at the new and improved New York branch of CTU.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/...ive-katee.html

holy ****

is it January yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

WIN

Comment

Day 7 was amazing, since you didn't know whose side Tony was on till the last minute. Can't wait for Day 8, since Katee's going to be part of it.
        Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

That is great. Time to get into this show, I guess.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            That is great. Time to get into this show, I guess.
            It's a good one. You won't be disappointed. Also, being a big BSG/24 fan, this news got me to finally buy the S7 set. Maybe now I'll get around to finally finishing Season 6....
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
              It's a good one. You won't be disappointed. Also, being a big BSG/24 fan, this news got me to finally buy the S7 set. Maybe now I'll get around to finally finishing Season 6....
              I have seen bits and pieces over the years. But I just never really got into the show. This will be a good reason to start watching though.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

0_0

Guess I will start watching 24 again.
                I stopped watching after season three...
                "I love my insanity because it keeps all the sane people away from me"

Comment

Originally posted by Lucario View Post
                  0_0

Guess I will start watching 24 again.
                  I stopped watching after season three...
                  !

Why?

I thought Season Three was amazing and had an especially great villain. To me, 1, 3 and 5 were the best ones (with 5 being the show's peak).

2 and 4 are good, not great. I preferred it when the villains weren't your typical Islamic terrorist cells.

I loved the first 4 episodes of Season 6, but then they introduced a terrible/unnecessary plot line for Jack into the season (fans will know what I'm talking about).

(I would talk about this in the 24 thread but they have S7 spoilers there so... )
                  sigpic

Comment

not sure who she is but she got lots of acting experience can't wait till season 8 even if season 6 and 7 have been quite week compared to 1-5
                    sigpic
                    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                    Metal gear fan

Comment

!

Why?

I thought Season Three was amazing and had an especially great villain. To me, 1, 3 and 5 were the best ones (with 5 being the show's peak).

2 and 4 are good, not great. I preferred it when the villains weren't your typical Islamic terrorist cells.

I loved the first 4 episodes of Season 6, but then they introduced a terrible/unnecessary plot line for Jack into the season (fans will know what I'm talking about).

(I would talk about this in the 24 thread but they have S7 spoilers there so... )
                      The fans of the show are going to berate me for this statement but honestly in my opinion I start to find the show to be rather boring. Season one was good I liked it. Season two and three were alright. I watched bits and pieces of season four and found it boring after that I stopped watching it didn't appeal to me anymore. However I am willing to give it another shot.
                      "I love my insanity because it keeps all the sane people away from me"

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                        Totally agree with you! 2 was a let down because of the totally crap Kim Bauer storyline. 4 they added so many new character, not knowing what to do with most of them, which resulted in them just being written out. 6 well was just 6. Can't comment on 7 yet as i haven't seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          Totally agree with you! 2 was a let down because of the totally crap Kim Bauer storyline.
                          Yeah, that was kinda bad/pointless. I loved what they did with George Mason though. And that beginning with CTU getting... you know. So, some great stuff and some not so great stuff.

4 they added so many new character, not knowing what to do with most of them, which resulted in them just being written out. 6 well was just 6. Can't comment on 7 yet as i haven't seen it.
                          Like I was saying, I don't really like it when they have those generic Islamic terrorists as the bad guys. When I saw that 6's villain was pretty much the same as 2's and 4's, I couldn't help but be uninterested. In comparison, the Russian terrorists in S5 were awesome and felt very threatening (Julian Sands! ).

With S8 probably being the last one, I think it's cool that Katee Sackhoff is getting the chance to be on the show before it's gone.
                          sigpic

Comment

aw....I was hoping she'd go kick butt with Jack Bauer. It'll still be interesting to see KS in this role

Comment

According to Spoilerfix, yes. She is.

Originally posted by Spoilerfix
                              Katee Sackhoff, Freddie Prinze Jr., Mykelti Williamson, John Boyd, Jennifer Westfeldt and Chris Diamantopoulos have joined the cast of 24 for the series' eighth season. The Emmy Award-winning drama starring Kiefer Sutherland returns for its next astonishing day with a two-night, four-hour premiere beginning Sunday, Jan. 17 (9:00-11:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. Season Eight will unfold in New York City amidst the shadows of the Statue of Liberty and the United Nations. In this new day, CTU has been upgraded and is run by MBA-schooled and razor-sharp head honcho Brian Hastings (Williamson, "Forrest Gump"). Cole Ortiz (Prinze Jr.), an ex-Marine who wants to follow in Jack Bauer's (Sutherland) footsteps, runs the division's Field Operations. Expert data analyst Dana Walsh (Sackhoff, "Battlestar Galactica") collaborates with systems analyst Arlo Glass (Boyd, "The Notorious Bettie Page") inside CTU. Rob Weiss (Diamantopoulos, "The Starter Wife") serves as President Allison Taylor's (Cherry Jones) new chief of staff, and Meredith Reed (Westfeldt, "Grey's Anatomy ") is an ambitious journalist with ties to the unfolding situation. As previously announced, Sutherland, Jones, Mary Lynn Rajskub and Annie Wersching also return. In addition, Bollywood icon Anil Kapoor ("Slumdog Millionaire") makes his American TV debut as Omar Hassan, a Middle Eastern leader who comes to the U.S. on a peacemaking mission.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X