X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long till the Asgard show up?

it took SG1... 2 seasons....

SGA 5 seasons...

so how many seasons will TPTB bring the Asgard?

(so spoilers please)
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Hopefully never i would however i would like to see them in the Atlantis movie
    sigpic
    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
    Metal gear fan

Comment

Never. SGU wil be way out of the Asgard's realm of influence due to how long ago the Destiny was launched from Earth.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm hoping that they don't bring the Asgard into the show. It was a poor decision to bring them on Atlantis (especially as the enemy)
        Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

As you can probably tell, I'm a big Asgard fan, but, unfortunately I don't see any way they could feasibly brought in, it would be best to leave them be. I wouldn't mind them popping up in a movie though.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
            it took SG1... 2 seasons....

SGA 5 seasons...

so how many seasons will TPTB bring the Asgard?

(so spoilers please)
            Well...if we do some simple math and since it doubled (almost between SG-1 and SGA for the Asgard to show up), if we double the time it took for SGA to find out how long in SGU, I say 10 seasons!!!! I'm a genius!!!!

(If nobody understood that, I poked fun at what people did with 'how long will SGU last for' and people figured that SG-1 got 10, SGA 5, then SGU would be 2. )

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
            and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Season 2. You guys are forgetting Hermiod, the Asgard on the Daedalus. So, that'll be season 2 in SG1 (Thor's Hammer), season 2 in SGA (The Siege, pt 3) and season 2 in SGU.
              Mia: Don't you hate that?
              Vincent: Hate what?
              Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
              Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
              Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
              - Pulp Fiction

Comment

seems logical, we could have one of the pegasgard turn good and help us.

www.darkarmada.nl
                www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

or he was exiled and now he joins the expedition

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Comment

forgot about the dude on the daedelus

as for it not being possible at all for the asgard to be in SGU... we don't know that
                    we do not know how vast their empire was (or still is)
                    we do not know how many of them actually died in Unending

they were one of the Four Races..... and one of only 2 that we definitively know who were were pangalactic... they were from Ida.... colonized the milky way... with what looked like little ancient tech... that says something about them...
                    it is reasonable to think that they did more than just colonize Ida and the MW...
                    so it is possible for them to be brought in

i'm not sure how i feel about it though
                    on the one hand, i was not a fan of them in SGA Lost Tribe bc i believed (still do) that anything from SG-1 the series that showed up in SGA was tainted
                    on the other hand, i thought it was a poorly-executed good idea... i think that they should have brought them in during season 4, and get them involved in the Asuran-Wraith-Atlantis war..... but that requires good writing

i think, out of all the races mentioned on the 2 shows, that the only race (outside the Ancients and Tau'ri) i would be comfortable seeing again on SGU is the Asgard
                    no goa'uld... no replicators, wraith, ori, asurans, jaffa, retu, tok'ra...

definitely no Furlings... leave them shrouded in mystery...
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Seriously, I think "Furlings" were just throw out th ere by the writers as a joke. All I think about when I see that name are those fuzzy little ball creatures in the original Star Trek Series.

To be on topic I think I would like to see more Asgard and any form.

Comment

tribbles, those things that are born pregnant

www.darkarmada.nl
                        www.runescape.com

Comment

Yeah, that's them!!!

Comment

they're CUTE!

www.darkarmada.nl
                            www.runescape.com

Comment

Destiny under attack, it's all over for us... and then... SIOUF! 3 ships pop out of hyperspace!

An Asgard in an O'Neill class, Teal'c in HIS modified Ha'tak (Tau'ri gifts for the long aid) and, of course, teh MoFo Odissey. Explanation: searching the trails of the Destiny, Odissey'n Ha'tak conveniently encounter Asgard survivors that were in the void between galaxies when Othala was blown. Knowing how to track the Destiny, they join the fleet because they have nowhere to go, want to help'n be helped, and stay because "there is no coming back from the depths of the universe" - until the series finale, that is...
                              One Ring to rule the Dark Side
                              sigpic
                              Sith Nazghul

Comment

Working...
                              X