Possible fault in Ark Of Truth R2 DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible fault in Ark Of Truth R2 DVD

So, I have just started watching Ark Of Truth with the audio commentary (Rob Cooper, Chris Judge and Peter Woeste). Normally, when I watch a DVD with audio commentaries, I like to have subtitles of the actual dialog of the TV show or movie that I am watching being shown across the screen so that I can follow what is going on. Now, subtitles do work to a certain extent. They off to the side of the screen and half obscoured.

Anyone else had this fault and if so, who do I need to get in touch with?
    Attached Files
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Hi Billz,

I just tested mine with the audio commentary going and the films dialogue as the subtitles. I used both Real player and Windows Media Player on my computer to match you as much as possible. Its working fine. One possibility is if your comp is using older Windows Media Player software, it might not be reading the disc right? - If possible try it in another DVD player.

If you have already done that, then I am sorry to report that it looks like you may well have a duff disc.

If it is a relatively new disc, I'd go back to the retailer with proof of purchase, (a bank statement should work if you haven't got a recipt.) If you have had it a wee while, or that doesn't work, try contacting MGM direct and asking their advice. Their website is on the back of the DVD case.

I hope this helps.
    Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
    Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

I actually don't think I'll bother trying to get a replacement disc. The subtitles start showing properly in the bottom center of the screen after about 20-minutes. And really, the only time I am ever gonna use subtitles on a DVD is when I am listening to an audio commentary. If I were deaf, then it would be a different story altogether but since I am not, its practical to not do anything about an error that only lasts for such a short time. All the other features on this DVD work flawlessly so I have no problem with them.

I mean, sure, I paid £125 pounds for the entire 10-years worth of SG-1 so when I find a fault, I feel a little cheated. But for one so insignificant and doesn't have a major impact on the DVD itself, its not worth moaning about it.
      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Downloading the K-Lite Codec Pack may clear up that issue as well as making all of your DVDs & videos in the future play better. It's Free, and I'm sure there are other comparable products that are also free.
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
        X