This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why wraiths didn't destroy atlantis

Hey, how come in that episode where the wraiths are beating the ancients back, and the ancients evacuate. How come the wraiths didn't destroy atlantis?

What follows could be possible spoilerage, so tread carefully.
    Spoiler:
    That's because the city of Atlantis was sunk below the surface of the water, giving the impression that city was destroyed. It could also be that the energy shield that kept Atlantis intact underwater also played a role in repelling the Wraith, but I'm not quite sure if that's right or not.

Comment

I've something else ... the wraith can sens life [They knew when there was people in the old Teyla's city, so they have life sensor]. And there was no Ancient left in the city. So they probably thougt they were dead. and with the city sunk in the ocean ... They ve really thought they won. [Infact they did but anyway ]
      - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
      - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
      - The Nox

Comment

They didn't sense them going into the old city on Athos - for the actual explanation, see the episode Suspicion.
        The Unknown James

Comment

To elaborate: "Suspicion"
          Spoiler:
          The locket John picked up was actually a Wraith transmitter, which he unknowingly activated by touching it, because he has the Ancient gene.
          Rocky

Comment

Also to add to what was said
            Spoiler:
            In "Before I sleep" old weir turned off all the power on Atlantis so if the wraith could not detect ant energy from Atlantis they might have assumed that the ancients were gone.
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

i am sure this episode here will explain everything, what do you guys think ?
              "Teal'c, look scary and take point" -- Col O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by Di$array
                i am sure this episode here will explain everything, what do you guys think ?
                Actually it didn’t explain every thing we learnt few things but not every thing.
                "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by po134
                  I've something else ... the wraith can sens life [They knew when there was people in the old Teyla's city, so they have life sensor
                  i think po134 is refering to the ancient city that the atlantis team sees when they go to the planet, tayla tells them that when people go there the wraith come, so theres no relation to the pendant

Comment

Originally posted by Zeratul
                    i think po134 is refering to the ancient city that the atlantis team sees when they go to the planet, tayla tells them that when people go there the wraith come, so theres no relation to the pendant
                    In my opinion, that is complete superstition.
                    Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                      In my opinion, that is complete superstition.
                      Agreed
                      The Unknown James

Comment

even if it wasn't the case. They must have life sensor. so When the ancient left Atlantis there was nothing else down there ... So they thought they won

They couldn't destroy because the sheild were still there ... so they just left it there assuming everybody was dead.
                        - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
                        - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
                        - The Nox

Comment

Originally posted by caes4
                          Hey, how come in that episode where the wraiths are beating the ancients back, and the ancients evacuate. How come the wraiths didn't destroy atlantis?
                          Because they couldn't. It was still protected by the shield, and they couldn't gate there either.
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

right i thought somoene would say that. so if the wraiths couldn't penetrate the shields, why the heck did the atlantians have to evacuate in such haste. it doesnt make any sense. if they ran out of resources they simply could have got more materials from earth through the stargate or something. Also the hologram says "we had to evacuate back to earth where they lived the remainder of thier lives" making it sound like their race was dying. what is up with that? they could have simply had sex and made a few babies.
                            what the heck

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                              Also to add to what was said
                              Spoiler:
                              In "Before I sleep" old weir turned off all the power on Atlantis so if the wraith could not detect ant energy from Atlantis they might have assumed that the ancients were gone.
                              she turned off the power so that it was not wasted so that the atlantis team could use it(also there was no one there and therefor no need for lights)
                              MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                              I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Working...
                              X