X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 25 Women Who Shook Sci-Fi

http://totalscifionline.com/features...o-shook-sci-fi

Just saw this on total sci-fi's website - Amanda Tapping is #8

Should be higher really - I think the character of Sam Carter has been a great role model for well over a decade.

What order would you put them in?
    sigpic

I agree with the number 1 choice

I would have Ivanova higher up the list though
    sigpic

Comment

Lol @ Buffy on number 2.

Carter definitely had to be way higher. I've not seen much of BSG yet, but come on, no way Starbuck pwns Carter! It's Carter!

Willow pwned Xena? Er... Not that I would think Xena was on the Sci Fi list at all... That's Sci Fi?

Janeway needed to be higher too!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Uhm yeah, I mean Ripley as number 1, that's totally understandable, but Carter is #8 when Buffy is #2? *gigglesnort* And well, Janeway is only #16?

sigpic

Comment

Oh and answering your question carrollwoman, my list... well I'm not sure who would be the first, but I think.. it would be Carter. It's not too easy to make a comparison between movies and tv shows, but Carter is such a great character, and AT made her a such a colorful, interesting woman. Now, Ripley would be there too, Janet Fraiser, and of course Janeway from Voyager, Elizabeth Weir, President Laura Roslin from BSG, also Starbuck and Six as well, Dana Scully without a doubt, Contact's Eleanor Arroway, Aeryn Sun from Farscape, also Vala Mal Doran ... okay, well maybe some of them didn't 'shake' the sci-fi genre, but I love them.

sigpic

Comment

I had to scratch my head at Buffy. I never considered vampires and witches and all that other stuff science fiction. But I really can't argue with Ripley.
            "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

It's a very odd list. Buffy at #2? Leeloo? Uhura and Janeway as low as they are? Laughable.

I agree Carter should be higher as well.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by carrollwoman View Post
                http://totalscifionline.com/features...o-shook-sci-fi

Just saw this on total sci-fi's website - Amanda Tapping is #8

Should be higher really - I think the character of Sam Carter has been a great role model for well over a decade.

What order would you put them in?

sam should have been higher up the list.

xena REALLY should have been higher on the list.

helen magnus should have been on the list, even though she's only been around one season.

sally

sigpic

Comment

I can't take any list citing Barbarella as a 'Woman Who Shook Sci-Fi' seriously.
                  Doing a zero-g striptease? Well, she certainly shook Vadim's hormones.
                  Even the comic isn't considered groundbreaking, some of the psychedelia of it's design is iconic but that's more of it's age, rather than the character herself.

And can anyone honestly say they have heard of the character from Transformers? Let alone tell me in what way she might have 'Shook Sci-Fi'?

Wouldn't 'Women Who The Writer of this Article Finds Hot in Sci-Fi' be a more accurate title for the piece?

FF
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                    I can't take any list citing Barbarella as a 'Woman Who Shook Sci-Fi' seriously.
                    Ahhh haaa haa. I agree with you.

How can they say she beat out Wonder woman, Janeway and Xena? Come on.

I also think that Sam should've been higher on the list as well. Still not sure why Sydney is on the list. Does being a spy count as Scifi???? Now that I think of it.... what about Xena. Liked watching her, but always thought of it as action/fantasy setting, not Scifi... but that's my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                      Ahhh haaa haa. I agree with you.

How can they say she beat out Wonder woman, Janeway and Xena? Come on.

I also think that Sam should've been higher on the list as well. Still not sure why Sydney is on the list. Does being a spy count as Scifi???? Now that I think of it.... what about Xena. Liked watching her, but always thought of it as action/fantasy setting, not Scifi... but that's my opinion.
                      Sydney, you mean Sydney as in "Alias"? I love Alias but since when was it scifi

I agree, I class Xena as more Fantasy than scifi!

I agree with Ripley as no.1, Scully should be no.2, Carter and Ivanova should be higher up on that list!
                      sigpic

Comment

Strange list. Ellen Ripley as #1 is the only inclusion/ranking that makes sense to me.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana

Comment

Working...
                        X