This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how long till a symbiote matures?

well ry'ac has had his snake for about 8 years now and before that it was teal'cs now i dont think it has ever been covered how long it takes, but if someone does know say so?

Originally posted by the_fours
    well ry'ac has had his snake for about 8 years now and before that it was teal'cs now i dont think it has ever been covered how long it takes, but if someone does know say so?
    A fair point umm i think jaffa incubate 3 symbiotes in their life not too sure. Wonder if Ryac will have an episode in season 8 where he seeks a new symbiote.

Most likely he'll just end up on the Dritonan(not spelled right) like Bray and Teal'c

Comment

tretonin

Comment

Originally posted by thor39
        A fair point umm i think jaffa incubate 3 symbiotes in their life not too sure. Wonder if Ryac will have an episode in season 8 where he seeks a new symbiote.

Most likely he'll just end up on the Dritonan(not spelled right) like Bray and Teal'c
        Umm....I don't think that's right. Teal'c was just over 90 in Season 4 so if a symbiote takes about 8 years to mature then he'd have had..........about 11 altogether. That's a lot of symbiotes. But seeing as it's never been fully addressed in the show then you can't really be sure. Tretonin does seem like the way to go though.
        "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

he was 99 in s1 as far as im aware

Comment

It was soon to be his 102nd birthday, my apologies. Anywho, that's still a lot of symbiotes.....
            "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

I was thinking it took about 100 years for it to mature. Since Lord Ugh (sp?) is/was pushing 1000 then 100 years wouldn't be bad.
              "Maktal shree! Loc'tak. Mek'ta satak Oz! Moktal Oz. Moktal Oz, Kree!" - Daniel Jackson

"So, you want to be my Oma?" - Jack O'Neill

Comment

Ra was over 10,000 years old

A symbiote takes around 10 years to mature, because in Treshold (Season 5) Hammond says "When his symbiote matures in 5 or so years..." IIRC, so it's around 10 years.

Comment

ah so ry'acs symbiote should be maturing this season mayb then

Comment

I think it takes about 130 something years cause look at Master bratack , right ? , i also think it depends on the person , like i think it takes women less time , ex. Tealcs lover for one night , am i right?

Comment

Originally posted by thor39
                      What a plot line it would have been if the Jaffa ended up acting just like the Goa'uld had......Incubating a larval Goa'uld "until it is mature and then discarding it" -Teal'C

Of course, the would undoubtedly be throwing away many possible good Goa'ulds, or do the Tok'Ra culture Goa'ulds on their own?
                      Daniel: "A fool's heaven is a wise man's hell."
                      O'Niell: "...Never run with scissors..."

APOPHIS SAYS: "Walk like an Egyptian!"

Comment

it takes around 10 years or so for the symbiote to mature (i'm guessing they're like humans, some mature in 7 years, others in 11...each person/snake is different)

jaffa are implanted for the first time when they reach the age of prata, puberty, and then need a new snake every 10 years or so for the rest of their lives

in exchange for a home, the snake gives the jaffa increased strength, immunity and recuperative powers...not out of the goodness of its little reptilian heart, but because the longer the jaffa survives, the better the chance of the goa'uld surviving to take a host.

in the cure, teal'c says that they didn't used to use jaffa for incubation, and the success rate of taking a host was only 50%, however if the goauld is allowed to mature, it stands a 90%+ success rate
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

<< Of course, the would undoubtedly be throwing away many possible good Goa'ulds, or do the Tok'Ra culture Goa'ulds on their own? >>

I don't know we've ever come across any 'good' Go'aulds apart from the Tok'ra, and I always thought they were all just the descendants of Egeria (was that her name), which is why it's so bad when one of them dies because they are literally irreplaceable.
                          sum ergo cogitum
                          I am therefore I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
                            I don't know we've ever come across any 'good' Go'aulds apart from the Tok'ra
                            Ok, i got a question about that.... read on

SPOILER SPACE.................

If memory serves in season 7 Jonas' chick was infested with one, and at the end of the episode she said that the Go'auld had saved her from dying. That may be the first evidence of a 'good' Go'auld. Or am I remembering it wrong? I don't have the DVD's to fall back on yet!

Comment

Not a bad point actually. She seemed to have fallen in love with Jonas (I wonder how the relationship worked out afterwards), which was nice of her. I guess Go'auld can be good, though she seemed to have become 'good' (loosely used) through human contact, rather than being a good person (!), per se. I guess it shows that Go'auld can be rehabilitated, or maybe it's just that the drug she was using to prevent Sam from detecting her had the side-effect of letting the host's thoughts and emotions influence her more. Perhaps. Of course, if that's true, then we're back to the old question of how come Egeria is apparently the only Go'auld to become good? I can accept that she passed on her goodness to her kids, which explains how they're good, but where'd she get it from?
                              sum ergo cogitum
                              I am therefore I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X