This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which ones do you prefer?

What kind of Atlantis episodes did you like?

-Wraith stories with lots of interior wraith facilities and gooey walls such as The Queen, The Hive etc

-Off world stories on primitive village worlds such as Instinct, Outsiders etc

-Off world stories with ancient technology and facilities such as Trinity, Inferno etc

-Atlantis centred episodes such as Critical Mass, Tao of Rodney etc

or character centred episodes

oh and TPTB feel free to poll-erize this!

Oh I prefer Atlantis episodes the most and Wraith ones the least, i agree with most people the wraith were made too weak for how big they were talked up, regardless of food supply.

Comment

It's the Atlantis centered eps for me. I like seeing all the wierd Ancient devices they come across that nobody in their right mind would think to create now.
      sigpic

Comment

Atlantis' best episodes (and IMO, its only really good episodes) were its 'different' ones. This was one thing that SGA did that SG-1 so rarely did. Namely, episode such as:

Letters From Pegasus
        Michael
        The Real World
        Sunday (mostly)
        Vegas

These are some prime examples of episodes that were really bold and broke the mold, and benefited greatly from it.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I guess I like anything with (non-living) technology in it as much as I like the character centered episodes. I really enjoy finding out the backstory of any characters (or races) though. They're generally the episodes that I like best.

Temp0ral.
          sigpic

Comment

Exploration, science, and how these experiences affect the characters.

I don't care for space battles or explosions, nor soap opera drama or romance.

Comment

I liked the offworld episode centering on Ancient technology and those episodes in which we got to see new parts of the city.
              Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
              Jack: "What?"
              Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
              Jack: "What?"
              Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
              Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
              - - - - -
              Knight Rider S01E11
              KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
              - - - - -
              Eureka S03E12
              Bismarck: This is madness.
              Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

Originally posted by nxcalibur View Post
                I liked the offworld episode centering on Ancient technology and those episodes in which we got to see new parts of the city.
                i LOVE episodes where i see new part so the city, hopefull the movie will feature MUCh more of the city and its greatness

Comment

atlantis-centered episodes, new technologies, more about atlantis city and sometimes some epic battles...
                  sigpic
                  Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

Really the Atlantis ones are the best and the ones which include ancient tech, ones with the wraith are great but itt was greatly dumbed down in later episodes

Comment

Atlantis centered episodes but also ancient technology in off-world episodes.
                      ...however the ones with character centered were also very good
                      Ok. I like all
                      sigpic
                      sig thanks to Luci

Comment

i agree with most people the wraith were made too weak for how big they were talked up, regardless of food supply
                        When you consider that they ground technological advancement of a galaxy to a halt it's easy to see how much they were talked up. It's all about perception.

ones with the wraith are great but itt was greatly dumbed down in later episodes
                        Same thing happened with the Goa'uld. Mostly it happenes whenever the humans get to be as advanced or are able to outwit the enemy. In the case of Atlantis they have the benefit of hind-sight. The 'second evolution" throughout each show has proven to be more resourceful than the Alterans/Lanteans/Ancients.
                        How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

I enjoy all of them I think whats needed is a mixture of them, no overexposure of one specific type, as long as its well written and has a purpose for the characters and Atlantis as a whole.
                          What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I like any off-world story where they go to a planet that doesn't look exactly like a Canadian forest. I wish they would have visited more interesting places like SG-1 did, advanced cities or villages or whatever.

From the choices I guess I probably like the Atlantis-centered episodes the most. I do like seeing more and more of the city.
                            "Yo, Adrian!" -Rocky in Rocky
                            "That'll be the Day" -John Wayne in The Searchers

Comment

Probably Atlantis-centered episodes that also have some off-world elements. It's a beautiful city!
                              sigpic
                              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Working...
                              X