This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel Fic Help

Okay... so I'm working on a story (someone's plot bunny) and it's a really interesting one... but I just can't seem to figure out one part of it; I need a reason that Daniel would be captured by the Kalownans (sp?) and kept... possibly tortured... for information. What would they want him for that would make them that desperate or stupid??

I came up with a few ideas myself... but just couldn't seem to get an idea that sounded plausible. A little help would be very much appreciated

Well, if you can't think of a reason, don't do it. It's that simple. If you can't sell yourself the idea, you'll never make it into a decent fic.

If you're desperately married to the concept though, you might try something along these lines:
    • Jonas returned to Langara and filed reports on much of his activity with the SGC. These reports included reference to the fate of Daniel Jackson, his Ascension and his Descent.
    • Numerous people have read these, including some who are connected to the remnants of the nationalist hardline Kelownan Intelligence Service, who were all deposed following the unification but who retain the loyalty of parts of the armed forces and law enforcement.
    • These hardline elements believe that Daniel's Ascended knowledge could allow them to achieve aim X, where X is a goal of your chosing, probably involving a) taking Kelowna to the top of the tree, after wresting power for themselves, of course, or b) showing Anubis how they do things downtown.
    • Daniel is abducted on a routine visit to Langara with the collusion of bad elements of the new security service.
    • SG-1 are permitted to come to Langara and join the search, giving Jonas a chance to work with the team again while Daniel does his agonised bit. You might also have a chance to work in a role for the Langaran answer to Agent Barrett as either seemingly-suspect-security-guy-who-turns-out-to-be-okay or seemingly-suspect-security-guy-who-turns-out-to-actually-be-suspect.
    If you decide to use this idea, I ask only that you comment on the fact that Jonas has had a haircut since Fallout. In an ideal world, Kianna Cyr would have gone back to doing whatever it is she was doing before her life was hijacked and would thus not appear.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayalaen
      What would they want him for that would make them that desperate or stupid??
      It'd be hard to make the Kellownan government quite that desperate and stupid, so it might be worth inventing an opposition faction of some sort.

Madeleine

Comment

Thanks you guys

Prophet... I considered not doing it at all because I couldn't come up with something... but I really like the story that's been forming in my head for it and I really think it's a different/new kind of concept that I'd like to tackle.

Besides... that wasn't the main portion of the story... just one of his challenges in the whole story...

Thank you for your suggestions!

Comment

i think the biggest problem is, why would daniel be there anyway?
          at the end of homecoming, i was left with the idea that Kelowna was on the verge of a war, and earth was having nothing to do with it.....this was reinforced by hammond's response in Fallout...basically i got the idea that kelowna had been calling for help but earth was staying out of it

now if it's post fallout, then there may be some contact.

as to motive, well what if the kidnapper is a relative of someone who died in the lab? and were angry that thier loved one died and blames daniel?

what better motive than personal revenge?
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X