Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do You Think Of New And Improve Star Wars And The Prequels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Do You Think Of New And Improve Star Wars And The Prequels.

What you think of the improvements and added special effects that George Lucas decided to add to the originals, Do you think its made the movies better or has it ruined them? And What do think of the the prequels? Were they really worth the wait?

Hayden Christenson in RotJ = Fail
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

The prequels were disappointing at best. The changes to the original trilogy didn't bother me that much, except for the change at the end of Return of the Jedi mentioned above.

Comment

<Mod snip>

Most of the changes make me angry. IIRC he changed the explosion of the Death Star as well didn't he? Can't remember the original though, all I remember is the new one is wrong. Like the seismic charges in Episode 2. <Mod snip>
        Last edited by Bagpuss; 01 June 2009, 11:00 AM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

The added effects if anything take from the film, I can understand him wanting to clean up the negative and stuff like that but adding effects the movies didn't need? No it was mistake. As fro the prequels ? unimpressive all three of them., Lucas's biggest mistake was that he quit directing movies after Star wars and it really shows in the finished product. He would have been better to have let someone else write the stories ,someone like Kevin J Anderson and have someone else direct the films. Hell My choice for doing the new Trilogy would have been someone like Alex Proyas who did Dark City. There was way to much over kill on the special effects and far to little story.

Comment

• Episode I -- Total garbage, pretend it doesn't exist.
            • Episode II -- Mildly less smelly garbage, definitely pretend it doesn't exist.
            • Clone Wars (animated) -- Ugh, terrible.
            • The Clone Wars (film) -- Very very kiddie, and kind of sucked.
            • The Clone Wars (TV series) -- Holy crap, the only part of modern Star Wars that isn't crap. I love this series and can't wait for it to return in the fall.
            • Episode III -- Not bad, but suffered from excessive editing. I remember reading around release time that the film was about 3.5 hours long before they started cutting it down, and IMO it really really shows. Episode III alone is what the entire prequel trilogy's story should have been, and instead it was crammed into two hours.
            • Episode IV (DVD release) -- They did a brilliant job of cleaning this up and making it look absolutely incredible. Where with others I prefer the original cuts, Ep4 is totally worth watching the redone release. One notable exception: HAN SHOT FIRST
            • Episode V (DVD release) -- Not a lot changed in this one, apart from cleaning up the print. Showing Vader shuttle to the SSD was nice, but ultimately unnecessary. But re-dubbing Boba Fett's voice with the chump who played Jango Fett in the prequel series is blasphemy of the highest order; I refuse to watch the remastered version of ESB for that reason alone
            • Episode VI (DVD release) -- This one really benefited from the restoration of the print as well, and the choice to recolour Sebastian Shaw's eyes to match Hayden Christensen's was actually a pretty clever and good choice. Editing HC into the 'spirit' scene at the end though, was an absolute abomination. It looked out of place, and it made zero sense in context--given that we'd just seen an old redeemed Anakin Skywalker back in the Death Star launch bay
            Last edited by DigiFluid; 01 June 2009, 11:52 AM. Reason: grammar
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              • Episode V (DVD release) -- Showing Vader shuttle to the SSD was nice, but ultimately unnecessary.
              I HATE the dialog change. "Bring my shuttle," was SO much better than "Alert the whatever to my something." I mean, come on. CAPRICIOUS!

Comment

I hate the changes to the Original Trilogy. The orgiginal versions didn't need anything else!

As for the prequels, Episode One was pretty bad, Episode Two was better and Episode Three was almost as good as Episode Four, but not quite.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
                Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

i dont care about the changes to the origninals at all.its weird that its hayden over the older anakin but it doesnt anger me.the first 2 prequels were terrible.ep 3 was pretty good but could have been much longer like someone said.i will say that sam jackson and mcregor were pretty good in the prequels.

Comment

Would the Star wars films have been better served if someone other then Lucas wrote and directed the films? He could have had someone like Kevin Anderson or Ra Salvatore, Walter John Williams or any of number of writers write the stories for the prequels, These writiers have all written terrific Star Wars novels.

Comment

<Mod snip> I was watching the original (70's) edition of ANH a couple months ago and was enjoying it... until the Death Star battle. It was horrible. Embarrassing even... the X-Wings moved like tanks and there was pretty much no excitement during the whole thing. Ugh. I understand now why Lucas wanted to go back and change that.

Also hilarious: the whole Han Shot First thing. What a small little insignificant thing to cause an uproar over (and make T-Shirt's out of)... just silly.

<Mod snip>
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 01 June 2009, 11:02 AM.
                      sigpic
                      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

After years I realized why episodes IV, V and VI was so awesome. They had Harrison Ford - you can't beat that with cute pie such as Ewan McGregor or Hyden Christensen + some extra visual effects.
                        I never was huge fan of SW, and frankly I even dislike them, but except from that, all movies from SW saga are great. But to me, older are better.
                        Adding some effects too old episodes wouldn't hurt them but I like the way they are.
                        '- Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!
                        - Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth.
                        - Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?
                        - Yes.
                        [long pause] - Friend!!'

Comment

Lucas is now doing a live action star war tv series, I do hope he leaves the writing to someone else or its going to have a short run.

Comment

Working...
                          X