coming next week: Farscape hardcover and Strange Detractors #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coming next week: Farscape hardcover and Strange Detractors #3

On 3 June, there will be two Farscape comic book releases. One is the release of Strange Detractors #3, in which four characters last seen on screen will make their comic-book debut.

The other is the release of the hardcover collection of the first miniseries, a bound volume that will have the entirety of "The Beginning of the End of the Beginning."
    Keith R.A. DeCandido
    [email protected]
    www.decandido.net
    decandido.wordpress.com
    Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk." ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

Excellent news. I couldn't hold off on getting the original issues, but I'd love to have that hardcover instead. I'll probably end up getting it anyway. Do they usually have all the covers in something like that?

Just grabbed D'argo's Lament #2 today and hope to read it in a few.

I also ordered the Script Book a few weeks ago, but haven't heard boo about it. Grrr.

Comment

I absolutely can't wait for Strange Detractors #3.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
        Do they usually have all the covers in something like that?
        They try to -- it'll depend on how much room there is. Issue #1 had two extra pages, so that might have an effect....

Just grabbed D'argo's Lament #2 today and hope to read it in a few.
        Hope you enjoy it!
        Keith R.A. DeCandido
        [email protected]
        www.decandido.net
        decandido.wordpress.com

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk." ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

Comment

There's a SPOILERIFIC preview of Strange Detractors floating around, and I've put it up on my blog.

Two of the four onscreen characters who make their comic book debut do so in these first six pages of SD #3 (which is one of the spoilers). Also: pages 6-7 are a double-page spread, but the released preview is only for the first six pages, so the last page may look a bit cut-off -- don't worry, it'll be fine in the final comic.....
          Keith R.A. DeCandido
          [email protected]
          www.decandido.net
          decandido.wordpress.com

Comment

Thanks a bunch for posting that, krad. I can't wait to read the rest of this issue.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Going to pick up my copy now. I kind of hope they don't have the hardcover in, cause it will be hard to resist.

Comment

Wow, just got done reading it and it's my favorite issue yet. In a word...Epic.

Kudos to the team on a grand, but tight story. This really feels like the continuation of the series, and I could completely visualize this as another mini-series or three parter. I really loved the panels with the various ships leading of the pages.

And you weren't lying about the return of a ton of characters Keith. I loved every minute of it.
                Spoiler:
                Though I was surprised Grunlik didn't mention D'argo It was also very cool to see Deke's possible cousin, I hope he doesn't have powers too.

ON a side note, I saw the Hardcover, and it looked great,I just couldn't pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                  Wow, just got done reading it and it's my favorite issue yet. In a word...Epic.

Kudos to the team on a grand, but tight story. This really feels like the continuation of the series, and I could completely visualize this as another mini-series or three parter. I really loved the panels with the various ships leading of the pages.

And you weren't lying about the return of a ton of characters Keith. I loved every minute of it.
                  Spoiler:
                  Though I was surprised Grunlik didn't mention D'argo It was also very cool to see Deke's possible cousin, I hope he doesn't have powers too.

ON a side note, I saw the Hardcover, and it looked great,I just couldn't pull the trigger.
                  Now I really can't wait to get my issue in the mail. I hope it gets here sooner than usual.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                  X