This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should bra'tac die?

personally i think not but back in s5 he said he only had a couple of years and he could not take another symbiote, this was solved in s6 with tratonine. he is what a 141 years old now so should he go or not?

I think that they have killed off enough interesting secondary characters and they don't need to go killing off more.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I think it would do the show justice if he had an episode where he journeyed to keb to die. It would bring out his hounourable qualities ... heck maybe he could even manage to accend and play a big part in Teal'c's life as Daniel did in Oneill's. Like a secondary concience.
      This would be a good way for him to go although not guns a blazin' I think Bray is a little past that and is more wiser. Afterall he did say he takes solis in the fact that death is ahead of him and he may journey to keb to rid himself of his burden

Comment

I think he should die. He has out lived his usefulness. He is getting old and with the new stuff he uses he won't be able to live for too long.

Comment

I think it would be a nice boon if the tritonin actually extended life for the Jaffa beyond that of what a symbiot would allow. It could be a great way to solidify the rebel cause, and it would allow Bra'tac to finish out the show.
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by thor39
            I think it would do the show justice if he had an episode where he journeyed to keb to die. It would bring out his hounourable qualities ... heck maybe he could even manage to accend and play a big part in Teal'c's life as Daniel did in Oneill's. Like a secondary concience.
            This would be a good way for him to go although not guns a blazin' I think Bray is a little past that and is more wiser. Afterall he did say he takes solis in the fact that death is ahead of him and he may journey to keb to rid himself of his burden
            hmmmm - that sounds just a bit too Obi-Wan Kenobi to me. I don't really want ANY of the characters to die, but I think they need to address the fact that Bra'tac is probably, at the very least, at a good point to retire. It seems like each season they drop a hint that he is getting close to "the end." I have a sneaking suspicion that they will have him go out fighting the good fight with his boots on and all that. That just seems a bit too cliche for me. Why not have him "promoted" to a position of diplomat/statesman/official leader for the Jaffa that are now living on their own somewhere without allies because they want to try and do it by themselves, etc.? I realize he's been a sort of unofficial leader and person they rallied to, but if they were so dead-set about making it completely on their own, they would need some sort of internal administrative organization.
            Just a thought . . .

-tera'ngan
            nuqDaq yuch Dapol

Comment

Originally posted by thor39
              Either that, or go out in an heroic and noble sacrifice, but I would prefer for him not to go out at all.

Comment

i don't think so.

now he uses tratonin i don't see why he shouldn't live longer that the lifetime a symbiot would naturally provide

i do think that him ascending would be a bit to much like Obi Wan but without the symobit there is nothing stopping him but it would be to much like Daniel and anyway, he wants freedom for all Jaffa, the Ancients or Oma would probably try to stop him from interfering so there would be no real point to him ascending unless he was going to die

sigpic

Comment

SHOULD he die? No. I don't want to see ANY character die, not even the ones I don't like.
                  WILL he die? Well now, that's the real question, isn't it? Hard to say. Maybe it'll depend on how desperately the show needs ratings by the end of the season.

Comment

Oh I hope not, I love Bra'tac. I don't want them to kill him off or have him die, no matter how worthily. It's like this show has become all about death, they keep killing off characters. Do it as much as they do and it starts to lose it's impact, people just get annoyed that you are killing off a character they like.

Comment

If they kill off Siler, Sgt. Davis or Luke, I'm grabbing my torches and pitchforks and storming the offices...

For Bra'tac... I'll write really scathing messages here. It'll be difficult to do, I know, but I'll try. For Bray.

Comment

Nooooooo!!!!! I like Bra'tac. Too many characters (both good and evil) have been killed off. There's only one more season left. I'd like to see the fate of the Jaffas end on a happy note, where they are truly free from their Goa'uld "gods" and symbiote dependencies.

Comment

Nope. He's BRA'TAC, of course they shouldn't kill him!

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                            now he uses tratonin i don't see why he shouldn't live longer that the lifetime a symbiot would naturally provide
                            That's right. Doesnt matter if he couldnt take a symbiote anyway since he uses this now. They should never kill off Bra'tac...

Comment

So it’s petty one-side vote for bra'tac survival.
                              Though I think he should survive personally, so I have no problem with that.
                              http://panzor.deviantart.com/ - deviantART: panzor

Comment

Working...
                              X