Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Replicators/Asurans use drones ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the Replicators/Asurans use drones ?

I remember several months ago when there was a debate going on between my about whether the Replicators used drones. I just want to know what ya'lls opinions are.

From what I've seen and know they didn't use drones. Probably because the drones are tied into the chair technology and they, obviously, lack the gene.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

We saw the Asurans use drones to destroy the fake Atlantis as seen in 'The Seer' and 'This Mortal Coil', and we saw them fire about 6 drones from an Aurora class in BAMSR.
      *grumble*
      I think it was just sloppy on the part of the writers o create a race able to build [or replicate] Ancient technology and not have them armed to the teeth with drones. We saw Lorne and Zelenka on the bridge of the Hippaforalkus ['Orion' just sounds so pedestrian] expertly firing drones in 'No Man's Land', dodging darts and making multiple strikes against a hive ship. I refuse to believe the Asurans couldn't do the same.
      Last edited by nx01a; 27 May 2009, 03:58 PM.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        We saw them use drones to destroy the fake Atlantis as seen in 'The Seer' and 'This Mortal Coil', and we saw the Asurans fire about 6 drones from an Aurora class in BAMSR.
        *grumble*
        I think those weren't drones but energy weapons, although I'd have to watch those episodes again to be sure.
        Signed,

Gregorius
        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntu View Post
          I remember several months ago when there was a debate going on between my about whether the Replicators used drones. I just want to know what ya'lls opinions are.
          In th episode Lifeline, the replicator ship was firing drones at the Apollo.
          Last edited by merrik86; 27 May 2009, 04:57 PM.
          Then To Tyolous
          Say to the people of the low plains
          Seek not the wickedness amongst your neighbors
          Lest it finds purchase in your own house.

Comment

The Asurans fired drones against Shep and... gag... Larrin's Aurora. We only saw that once during BAMSR, I believe. The rest of the time...
            The rest of the time [apart from the instances I mentioned, including in Lifeline], their ships fired some orange energy... things.
            Last edited by nx01a; 27 May 2009, 05:25 PM.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I think I remember hearing it mentioned that the Asurans would be using drones fired from the surface of Asuras when the main assault of BAMSR was being planned.
              sigpic

Comment

Stated by whom?
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Sheppard, I believe. It was something along the lines of "not to mention all of the drones they'll be firing from the surface" but i'd have to watch through the related episodes again to be certain.
                  sigpic

Comment

From BAMSR...
                    ELLIS: Well, that's good. I mean, they're finally all in one place. We can wipe them all out at once.

CARTER: Ideally, yes, but our two ships versus an entire Replicator fleet ...

SHEPPARD: Not to mention the drones that'll be firing from the surface.

CARTER: The new weapons we have are very effective but they are no match for that kind of fire power.

They were supposed to have drones but... We never saw the true glory that battle should have had.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                      From BAMSR...
                      ELLIS: Well, that's good. I mean, they're finally all in one place. We can wipe them all out at once.

CARTER: Ideally, yes, but our two ships versus an entire Replicator fleet ...

SHEPPARD: Not to mention the drones that'll be firing from the surface.

CARTER: The new weapons we have are very effective but they are no match for that kind of fire power.

They were supposed to have drones but... We never saw the true glory that battle should have had.
                      Thanks for that. Saved some searching.

I agree that there should have been a lot more drones used in that battle and the SGA in general but thinking about it, if the Asurans had just unleashed a drone storm as O'Neill did, all of the 304s, hives and traveller ships would have been wiped out in seconds and that would be the end of SGA. No real battle and no seasons 4 and 5.
                      sigpic

Comment

That's why I love the Asurans. They were the ultimate enemy. Only REAL cunning could have defeated them as they should have been [Replicators with full access to Ancient knowledge and technology], much like SG-1 vs the Goa'uld back in the day.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                          From what I've seen and know they didn't use drones. Probably because the drones are tied into the chair technology and they, obviously, lack the gene.
                          The Asurans/Replicators have Puddle Jumpers and we know those would usually require the Gene, so I'm pretty sure they also use Drones.
                          sigpic

Comment

im pretty sure they fired both energy weapons and drones, because in the battle you could hear the sound they make and see different colours from the weapons fire, im guessing the reason they might not have fired as much as they could have is because firing drones cost a lot of energy
                            Captain Simms

Comment

Originally posted by captain simms View Post
                              im pretty sure they fired both energy weapons and drones, because in the battle you could hear the sound they make and see different colours from the weapons fire, im guessing the reason they might not have fired as much as they could have is because firing drones cost a lot of energy
                              The Asurans had dozens of ZMPs at their disposal so I wouldn't think that they'd see firing drones as a massive energy drain, especially considering what they would have needed for the gate satalite weapon.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X