Daredevil Reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daredevil Reboot

Daredevil Reboot Buzz - Studio boss talks up Hornhead's return.

20th Century Fox honcho Tom Rothman has gone on the record about the studio's planned movie reboot of the Marvel Comics superhero Daredevil. The character was previously brought to the screen in 2003 via writer-director Mark Steven Johnson and starring Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Colin Farrell and Michael Clarke Duncan

In an interview with IESB, Rothman said that he believes this summer's The Incredible Hulk showed that "if you really do it right the audience will give you a second chance. That it is possible. And I think that you see that when they did Batman Begins, the first [Christopher] Nolan movie, that you can have made some mistakes along the way or movies that the audience wasn't that crazy about and then given the proper amount of time and the right creative vision behind it, you can, to use your word, reboot."

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/916/916190p1.html

Is Katee Sackhoff Researching A Role In "Daredevil" Reboot?

Bit of a strange one this, but certainly worth reporting i think..

Katee "Starbuck" Sackhoff was apparently at Los Angeles based store Golden Apple Comics buying every single comic she could get her hands on featuring "Dardevil" villain Typhoid Mary, in..

Wishful thinking or does Miss Sackhoff know something we dont?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...e/news/?a=7663

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      Is Katee Sackhoff Researching A Role In "Daredevil" Reboot?

Bit of a strange one this, but certainly worth reporting i think..

Katee "Starbuck" Sackhoff was apparently at Los Angeles based store Golden Apple Comics buying every single comic she could get her hands on featuring "Dardevil" villain Typhoid Mary, in..

Wishful thinking or does Miss Sackhoff know something we dont?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...e/news/?a=7663
      Very interesting.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

New Light Shed On The Typhoid Mary Rumor

"Thanks to MutantNinjaLoungeSinger for following up on the recent Katee Sackhoff as Typhoid rumor. MNLS points out that, while the character originated with and is strongly linked to 'Daredevil', she's also recently been a sidekick of sorts to 'Deadpool'. Furthermore she's shown up in disguise as recent "black ops" member of 'The Avengers'.

We know 20th Century Fox likely holds the film rights for the character as they previously utilized her in 'Elektra', so it seems less likely she'd appear in the 'Avengers' flick. Fox seems hot-to-trot on 'Deadpool' after the buzz he created in 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' so that could be a very real possibility."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...S/news/?a=7722

Comment

Fox hires writer for 'Daredevil' reboot

Twentieth Century Fox has reportedly hired a screenwriter to pen a Daredevil reboot.

The Day The Earth Stood Still scribe David Scarpa has been tapped to adapt the Marvel superhero comic, reports Deadline Hollywood.

Ben Affleck played the title role in the 2003 Daredevil film directed by Mark Steven Johnson.

The character was created by Stan Lee and Bill Everett in the 1960s.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...il-reboot.html

Comment

Well I kinda hope for a sequel BUT a reboot is still good as it has been a while. But I don't like FOX still having the rights, I though Marvel/Disney would of gained them back by now.....after the fantastic Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk I want Marvel to do their own films.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              Well I kinda hope for a sequel BUT a reboot is still good as it has been a while. But I don't like FOX still having the rights, I though Marvel/Disney would of gained them back by now.....after the fantastic Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk I want Marvel to do their own films.
              The deal that For have with Marvel is that, they retain the rights, provided they continue to make the movies. After a period of time, if a new movie isn't made, the rights will revert back to Marvel. The thing is no body apart from Fox & Marvel know how long this period of time is. Its been 7 years since Daredevil an 5 since Elektra (while there was 5 years between the Fox Hulk movie and the Marvel one), so you could at least guess that this period is somewhere from 5 - 10 years.

Comment

Working...
              X