X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surrogates (movie,2009)

New trailer is now live for Bruce Willis' sci-fi Surrogates

IGN has posted a new trailer for Surrogates, a new Bruce Willis sci-fi movie.

In the film, which is based on Robert Venditti'si graphic novel, FBI agents (Willis and Radha Mitchell) investigate the mysterious murder of a college student linked to the man who helped create a high-tech surrogate phenomenon that allows people to purchase unflawed robotic versions of themselves.

Surrogates is slated for release on Sept. 25.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/new-tra...now-live-f.php

Wow, that actually looks pretty good.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

A bit late to the game, but the trailer does look pretty good! I've always been interested in the whole technology sci-fi thriller - so fitting nowadays too. Did some more research on the film and came across the film's official site ChooseYourSurrogate.com

Pretty cool stuff on there, mainly that you can explore Virtual Industries (company that creates surrogates, I believe) and create a surrogate of yourself....

Comment

I saw the trailer the other night (not sure if its the same one as above, i cant remember lol), before Transformers 2. It just didn't spark enough interest in me.

Comment

I've only seen one trailer so it's probably the same....what about it didn't interest you?

I heard the graphic novel by Robert Venditti has a pretty cult following, apparently the story's pretty creepy but very good - might check it out before I see the movie. I found a review of someone who caught a really early screener (the film wasn't completely finished yet) and gave it a B+ - special effects and story were solid.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by starlightgazer View Post
              I've only seen one trailer so it's probably the same....what about it didn't interest you?
              I don't know, it just didn't really stand out and seems very generic sci-fi. That doesnt mean that it wont be good, its just a more of a wait and catch later on DVD.

Comment

Fair enough. That's kinda why I wanna read the graphic novel - to see what it's all about. Someone told me that the concept does sound pretty done-to-death, but the actual story is really different and interesting and I had to read it to really understand it. Hopefully I'll get around to it this summer!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Wow, that actually looks pretty good.

But would you do that for yourself ??
                  sigpic
                  May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I saw the trailer before Transformers and was wholly underwhelmed- another SciFi movie about some technology which everyone uses for some reason even though if it were real no one would actually use it because it's stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                      But would you do that for yourself ??
                      What? Have a surrogate.? Probably not.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        What? Have a surrogate.? Probably not.
                        Did you all ever check out the movie's website where you can kinda create your own surrogate? It's kinda trippy!

Comment

If this wasn't already based on something else I would have said it was the most original thing to happen to the scifi genre in 10 years. Hollywood is in a sad state of affairs. In any case the film looks pretty good based on the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                            If this wasn't already based on something else I would have said it was the most original thing to happen to the scifi genre in 10 years. Hollywood is in a sad state of affairs. In any case the film looks pretty good based on the trailer.
                            I agree. Hopefully the trailer is indicative of the movie itself.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Looks like it might be alright.
                              Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Working...
                              X