This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

season 9, prez wants it, EXCITING NEWS

i read in another thread on here that an interview done with a paper called multichannel news a few days ago, the Scfi channels president and exec producer said that they want a season 9, see below,

FYI - SciFi Prez. Bonnie Hammer and Exec. Prod. Michael Greenburg made the following remarks about season nine. The quotes are excerpted from a big Stargate feature, published on May 3, 2004, in Multichannel News - a cousin to Variety. (Both publications are owned by the same corporate parent.)

#######
    SG-1’s ratings momentum begs the obvious question: Is season eight, rumored to be the last, truly the end of the line?

“I don’t! I don’t think it will be. “Greenburg asserted, “If the demand is there, I think the show will be there. I think it can continue. Sci Fi’s a fairly new network. We’re the highest rated show they’ve ever had. We’ve broken their records. It just feels like it’s too early to go away.”

Can Atlantis and SG-1 really co-exist in parallel universes? “Yes, absolutely. I don’t know if Rick would continue. But who knows? You never know until the offer’s on the table. But I think the franchise now is becoming bigger than the people.”

Even Hammer leaves the door ajar. “Never say never. We love it, we embrace it…it’s such an amazing franchise. I couldn’t honestly say to you: now it’s season eight and it’s over. It just might not be.”

so if the prez of scfi channel wants it, it looks like season 9 is on the cards we know that chris judge, amanda tapping and michael shanks wanna do it and maybe rda can be convinced if his working schedule works out in season 8, so wot you guys think about this?

dont forget the prez said he wants it!!!!!

can stress that enough

SO WOT U ALL THINK EXCITING OR WOT????

well most people are always up for stargate sg-1 to go on, i think the main problem is rda and his schedule on the show.

Comment

I think that I'll wait until I see how season 8 goes before I start hip hip hooraying for a season 9. With Jack at a desk job and no Hammond there will be some big changes this season and it remains to be seen how said changes will be handled. I am not, however, one of the people who hated season 7. I, in fact, quite enjoyed it and if I keep enjoying it then I'm all for a season 9.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by the_fours
        well most people are always up for stargate sg-1 to go on, i think the main problem is rda and his schedule on the show.
        I want to believe that most fans want the show to continue but looking on these boards (and the old ones too) I get the impression that many do not. I for the life of me can not figure out why they come here to complain to the people that still like the show but that's another issue.

As for the original post: WOW, I hope that's all true. And I do agree with Greenburg, the concept and therefore the franchise is bigger than RDA. Even if he cant be a part of the show it can still be great. I sure hope he can continue on but it need not be the end of the world if he cant. I love him on the show and his humor that he brings to the show but its not like he is an acting God or anything. There are actually actors out in the world that could contribute to the show just as much as he does albeit in a diferent method. I'm not suggesting someone else play Jack O'Neil but they can add someone new to make it seem less like the team is missing a member. Now the only question is if TPTB would be able or willing to pay for the caliber actor that would be required.

Well anyway, I'm just grateful for the ray of hope shining towards season 9.......and beyond.

Comment

IMO s7 was average for a stargate season which means it was better then most of what's out there and I'm very much looking forward to s8... but with all the changes I'm worried they may "break" something, or damage the show more, then RDAs reduced schedual already has. I do think the show could go on without him, but I'd miss him.

In theory I'd love for Stargate to go 10 seasons, or more

But in reality I'll wait until I've seen where they take us in s8 and how they handle the changes before I take a stand on a 9th or future seasons.
          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Of course Hammer wants Stargate to continue, it's making her M*O*N*E*Y. She cares nothing about the quality of the show or whether or not folks want it to continue or how it'll all work out in the stories, as long as there is M*O*N*E*Y to be made, she's going to support it.

Comment

Originally posted by zebrok

I want to believe that most fans want the show to continue but looking on these boards (and the old ones too) I get the impression that many do not. I for the life of me can not figure out why they come here to complain to the people that still like the show but that's another issue.
              Agree.

Btw, great news!!! SG1 has to beat X-Files!
              Seriously, I want Anna Louise Plowman and Corin Nemec as regular in season 9 IF RDA would leave.

Comment

If people don't think the show should go on to season 9, then stop watching, simple as that, but i would be happy for a season 9
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                  If people don't think the show should go on to season 9, then stop watching, simple as that, but i would be happy for a season 9
                  I enjoy what the show is, and I enjoy what the show was. I'm not say that I won't enjoy what it will become, however I'm leary about what could happen. But I'm still optimistic

Some people have stopped wathching because they don't like the direction the show has taken, but they still really enjoyed what the show used to be, and still want to talk about it, here, with other fans, and I can respect that.
                  ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    Of course Hammer wants Stargate to continue, it's making her M*O*N*E*Y. She cares nothing about the quality of the show or whether or not folks want it to continue or how it'll all work out in the stories, as long as there is M*O*N*E*Y to be made, she's going to support it.
                    All Hail the Mighty Dollar! (Or insert Currency of choice)

As soon as any show fails to meet exec-set audience figures,it usually gets the chop!

I'd probably make a useless t.v. executive,as I'd find it hard to treat shows as mere product.

As far as I'm concerned,I'd rather not have a Season 9,if it meant weak stories and jaded actors/writers/etc !

I've no real wish to end up despising Stargate SG-1,and would prefer it to go out with a bang ,rather than a whimper.

Having said all this,I'm still looking forward to Season 8 and SG Atlantis!!
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I for the life of me can not figure out why they come here to complain to the people that still like the show but that's another issue.
                      Because it isn't called the "Ooh, Stargate Is Great, No Criticisms Allowed Board" It's a board to discuss Stargate, and talking about how some feel that the show has lost its quality and that season 9 is probably a bad idea is just as much discussing Stargate as saying, "ooh, Stargate is just the most wonderful show ever, and always will be, no matter what they do to it."

And, I don't have any power here, but I wish the blanket "stop watching" everytime someone dares to criticize the show would cease. If some people don't see flaws and think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, fine. But, since it's a tv show, not the Holy Grail, the planets won't go out of alignment and send the world into darkness before it explodes killing us all, if some people *gasp* criticize. Or, even *mercy!* and *heaven's to Betsy* think that it's jumped the shark entirely.
                      I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

There are actually actors out in the world that could contribute to the show just as much as he does albeit in a diferent method. ...Now the only question is if TPTB would be able or willing to pay for the caliber actor that would be required.
                        They had someone. His name was Corin Nemec. So I'd have to say that no, TPTB are not willing to shell out money for high caliber actors.

I for the life of me can not figure out why they come here to complain to the people that still like the show but that's another issue.
                        Because last time I checked, people were allowed to disagree and find faults. If I've missed a memo then by all means, please accept my apologies.

Y'know, if Stargate goes for S9 and beyond, that's no skin off my nose. I won't be watching it, but it's not like I'm going to campaign to stop it from happening.

For the record, I DID have problems with Stargate this past season and I HAVE stopped watching and I still come here because I love what the show WAS and because I have some hope- however futile- that there might be at least one or two good eps next season.

I've also made friends here. I like trading snarks with people, quipping back and forth, discussing what I love- and hate- about the show, and most of all, I stick around to promote Luke.

If someone wants to hear ONLY good things about Stargate, then now is probably an excellent opportunity to find out if there's a size limit on your ignore list. Every time anyone says anything remotely negative, go ahead and add them to your list. Pretty soon, the only comments you'll be reading will be praising Stargate and deifying the characters and glory be, you'll be surrounded by Happy Shiny People with their rainbow and puppy dog thoughts.

Me, I still prefer the occasional snake in the grass.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          I like trading snarks with people, quipping back and forth, discussing what I love- and hate- about the show, and most of all, I stick around to promote Luke.
                          And you do it all with such style, and flair
                          ~BCM =)

Comment

The only reason I started watching this show is because I used to always watch MacGyver and really liked it. I think id rather have RDA take some time off in season 8 (like Shanks did in season 6(i think)) so he could come back with more exposure in a season 9. And since I dont like odd numbers, eventually a season 10

I was pretty pissed that Atlantis didnt have any of the original actors from SG1 in it, from what I saw in the trailers. But that was because I thought Atlantis was effectively season 8. I had no idea there was going to be 2 seperate shows. But I still hope SG-1 can continue on for another year or 3.

Comment

Seriously, if RDA left how many people would feel that SG-1 was missing something? I know I would. Jack brings humor to the scene, and a sense that SG-1 is taking place now.
                              Like someone said, a lot of people watch the show for RDA from MacGyver. I was watching it once, and my grandmother comes up and goes: "Oh is that MacGyver?" and sat down and watched it.
                              I would love to see SG-1 go to season 9 and beyond, but if RDA become even more reduced, or left, I would feel like I lost a friend.
                              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Working...
                              X