This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanctuary Conventions

Wolf Events has announced a Sanctuary convention in the U.K for October 2009. Since I was planning a convention about the same time, I consulted with my people, and we have decided to wait until 2010 for the Vancouver Sanctuary convention.

We felt that it would not be a good idea to have two competing Sanctuary conventions at about the same time in two different parts of the world. As well, with Amanda Tapping's very busy schedual, we felt it would be easier for her to attend if she had a bit more warning.

I would also very much like to talk to the GABIT ladies to see if they are interested in being part of the Vancouver convention for Sanctuary in 2010.
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
    Wolf Events has announced a Sanctuary convention in the U.K for October 2009. Since I was planning a convention about the same time, I consulted with my people, and we have decided to wait until 2010 for the Vancouver Sanctuary convention.

We felt that it would not be a good idea to have two competing Sanctuary conventions at about the same time in two different parts of the world. As well, with Amanda Tapping's very busy schedual, we felt it would be easier for her to attend if she had a bit more warning.

I would also very much like to talk to the GABIT ladies to see if they are interested in being part of the Vancouver convention for Sanctuary in 2010.
    As you have chosen to bring this up in public I will respond to you in public.

When you asked Amanda at Creation about meeting with her to discuss your plans for a possible Vancouver Sanctuary event, she told you that she was already talking to GABIT about it. Since then we have confirmed on the official Sanctuary forum that GABIT had already been discussing a Vancouver event directly with Amanda and the rest of the Sanctuary Team.

It's very generous of you to invite us to take part in the event you are thinking about doing, but unfortunately we must politely decline. We will be too busy with our own events in 2010.

If anyone wishes to contact the G4 about anything, please e-mail us at
    [email protected]
    This e-mail address can also be found on our website.
    www.gabitevents.co.uk where details of the World's First Official Sanctuary Event will be released shortly.

Kind regards
    Becky, Kay Julia and John
    GABIT Events G4
    Last edited by becky_preen; 19 May 2009, 11:58 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

In this world there are things to be discussed in public, and things to be discussed in private.

And, given the viral nature of a rumor and the potential financial damage to fans who might start making travel plans based on rumors, how about this discussion be taken to private e-mail and not pop its head back out into public until someone has a signed contract and an official announcement and date.

Thanks
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X