Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Cult TV 2009/10 - New Shows - What are you looking forward to?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Cult TV 2009/10 - New Shows - What are you looking forward to?

So as this current TV season ends, with a number of cult faviourte leaving the screens, heres a look at what's to come:-

Caprica (SyFy)
    Beginning 58 years before the events seen in Battlestar Galactica, Caprica tells the story of how Colonial humanity first created the robotic Cybernetic Lifeform Nodes or Cylons, who would later plot to destroy human civilization in retaliation for their enslavement.
    THREAD:- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=61673

Stargate: Universe (SyFy)
    Follows the adventures of a present-day, multinational exploration team on board the Ancient spaceship Destiny. Transported to Destiny in a distant corner of the universe, unable to return to Earth, members of the team are forced to remain on the vessel and fend for themselves
    THREAD:- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=42267

Warehouse 13 (SyFy)
    Show centers on two Secret Service agents, Myka and Peter, who work at the government's Warehouse 13, which houses supernatural objects. They are assigned to retrieve missing objects and investigate reports of new ones
    THREAD:- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ight=Warehouse

Day One (NBC)
    Drama which chronicles the aftermath of a global event that devastates the world's infrastructures, leaving a small band of survivors to rebuild society and unravel the mysteries of why the event took place
    THREAD:- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63744

Vampire Diaries (The CW)
    Drama about a tragic young heroine who is the object of passion for two vampire brothers - one good, one evil - who are at war for her soul and for the souls of her friends and family
    THREAD:- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=64042

Flash Forward (ABC)
    What if you were shown a glimpse of your future, but didn't like what you saw? How hard would you fight and what would you sacrifice to keep it from coming true? When an unexplained, cataclysmic event knocks out the entire population of the world at the exact same moment, for two minutes and 17 seconds, everyone will see a glimpse of their own future.
    THREAD:- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=Flash+Forward

V (ABC)
    Today, the world woke up to find spaceships over every major city. The Visitors claim to have come in peace, bringing gifts of medical miracles and technological breakthroughs. They promise to do no harm. They're lying.
    THREAD:- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63713

Eastwick (ABC)
    The story set in the fictional Rhode Island town of Eastwick, follows the witches Alexandra Spofford, Jane Smart, and Sukie Rougemont, who acquired their powers after leaving or being left by their husbands. Their coven is upset by the arrival of a devil-like character, Darryl Van Horne.
    THREAD:- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=64113

Human Target (FOX)
    It takes a brave, selfless man to make himself a "human target" in order to save the lives of those in danger. Based on the popular DC Comics graphic novel, HUMAN TARGET is a full-throttle action drama centered on CHRISTOPHER CHANCE (Mark Valley, FRINGE), a unique private contractor/security guard hired to protect.
    THREAD:- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=66520

Past Life (FOX)
    Have you ever experienced dj vu or met someone you thought seemed familiar? Do you believe in karma, fate or love at first sight? From writer David Hudgins ("Friday Night Lights"), and inspired by the book "The Reincarnationist" by M.J. Rose, comes PAST LIFE, a new drama series about an unlikely pair of past-life detectives who investigate whether what is happening to you today is the result of who you were before. DR. KATE MCGINN (Kelli Giddish, "All My Children") is not your typical psychologist
    THREAD:- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=66556

UPDATE

Defying Gravity (ABC)
    The program follows the adventures of eight astronauts on board the the international spacecraft Antares. In a story within the story, the lives of the astronauts are being recorded and broadcast back to Earth as part of an ongoing documentary. In spite of a libido-suppressing devise worn by each crew member (a HALOS) romantic entanglement will occur. Further complicating their lives is a mysterious storage pod with a secret impact on their mission
    THREAD:- http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63541
    Caprica (SyFy)
    11.61%
    Stargate:Universe (SyFy)
    36.61%
    Warehouse 13 (SyFy)
    10.71%
    Day One (NBC)
    6.25%
    Vampire Diaries (The CW)
    3.57%
    Flash Forward (ABC)
    8.93%
    V (ABC)
    16.07%
    Eastwick (ABC)
    0.00%
    Human Target (FOX)
    5.36%
    Past Life (FOX)
    0.89%
    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 21 July 2009, 03:43 AM.

Well I can say for certain i'm not looking forward to SGU or Caprica so I won't be watching them and I haven't heard of the others so couldn't say
    sigpic

Comment

season 2 of "Sanctuary"

Comment

Originally posted by Cadaveria View Post
        season 2 of "Sanctuary"
        Oh I forgot about Sanctuary See what happens when someone forgets to put it to the list

But yeah i'm so looking forward to it too
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cadaveria View Post
          season 2 of "Sanctuary"
          Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          Oh I forgot about Sanctuary See what happens when someone forgets to put it to the list

But yeah i'm so looking forward to it too
          I've only put new shows, who will air their first season in 09-10. Sancturay is a returning show and therefore not new.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
            I've only put new shows, who will air their first season in 09-10. Sancturay is a returning show and therefore not new.
            ah damn....Thought we got ya there
            sigpic

Comment

Well here my vies.

Flashforward

It an interest story and plot, I got some worries about there being a regular cast through and whether they going to actually make it look like a world wide event and not just a American event. Just hope they been watch Lost and been taking notes. Unless they taking the investgatiory route where they are investigating the flashforwards and helping people.

Day one,

Okay so it a Jericho/survivor remake so what, it look goods, got good sexy looking girls. Hey I will watch.

Stargate Universe
              It stargate enough said.

Caprica
              It got potential, and the pilot was alright but I just do not think it will go in the direction its needs to and it will be drag out far to much. I will probably survive, what else has scifi, oops sorry Syfy channel got.

Warehouse 13

If it can make it self different to Fringe and Xfiles and Eleventh hour then it may stand a chance. From the look of it so far it has potential but need to cut down on the comedy, get serious and focus on why they reassign to the warehouse after saving the president butt, the artefacts should be secondary story that helps the first along.

V

While make is it a remake, we defeated the visitors twice, why not let them come and try fpr a third time. This seem to have lazy production lazy writing written all over it. But the visitor space ship look pretty nice.

Human Target

Have not heard of the comics but I guesting it going to try and ride the wave of successfull comic book films. Wondering if it will have the budget through. If it given what 24 is given then it stands a chance. If not it will probably be cancel.

Vampire Diaries
              Interest and bucket load of potential. Just hope they copy what tru blood been doing and it may get renewed for the second season.

Past Life

Intrigue by the plot, but the plot also got cancel half way through leave the audience hanging written all over it. Plus Fox dumbing down scifi will mean it will not fulfilled it potential.

Now will someone go and kill Joss fans, seriously Dollhouse was alright but it was no where near tscc.
              Last edited by knowles2; 19 May 2009, 10:20 AM.

Comment

UPDATE:- New promos and promotinal photography have been added to a number of the listed threads.
                POLL - now added to the thread

Comment

I'm looking forward to Stargate: Universe and V. Having watched the pilot for Caprica I don't see how it's going to hold my attention, they're falling into the same pitfalls they did with BSG by having no likeable or relate-able characters, which in what is basically a soap opera, is suicide in my opinion. Can't really comment on the others as I don't know much about them.

Comment

Fall TV: Which sci-fi/fantasy series will win, lose, draw?

The long wait is over. The decisions have been made. The scheduling has been done. Now all we have to do is watch our favorite sci-fi television shows next season and fall in love with some new ones. Suddenly, it really is all about us.

For now, it's time to assess which shows will be winners and which will be losers.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/fall-tv...ci-fifanta.php

Comment

Only SGU, really. I'm hoping V and Human Target are good, but I'm not holding out hope.
                      As for the others, they sound like X-Files/Buffy/Jeremiah/Medium/Charmed/Supernatural ripoffs and probably won't last the first 13 episodes.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

As of right now, I am really looking forward to SGU, Caprica, and V. I am hoping a few of those other shows pleasantly surprise me too though.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, I'm definitely trying Warehouse 13. Possibly also V (I like the casting) and Human Target.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

i am very much looking forward to Caprica a little more the SGU, but i am also very worried about Caprica getting canceled
                            sigpic
                            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Right now V is the most appealing to me. Will give SGU, Warehouse 13 and potentially Flash Forward a try. Will need to see a bit more information about the others before i make a decision.

Comment

Working...
                              X