Drone Strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drone Strength

Hey been touched on before of the apparent weakness of the Asuran fleet of Auroras only being able to take out 2 ships while losing heaps. Anyway a theory ive read before and is repeated on wiki is that the Asurans have the tech from the beginning of the wraith war which means they have far inferior drones and shields from the Auroras the ancients built 100 years later at the end of the war. I dont know how much time there was between the cleansing of Asuras and the ancients leaving pegasus it doesnt say we dont know at what point in the war the Asurans were created.
    The biggest hole in this theory thought was the drones the shield strength maybe but drones were left behind in antarctica 5 million years ago. So yeah the drones on atlantis are likely stronger than those but the difference between drones at the beginning and ending of the wraith war is likely little I mean how much can you improve on an at least 5 million year old technology in a mere 100 years you gotta assume after all that time theyre pretty much as good as theyre gonna get.

Originally posted by strider2289 View Post
    Hey been touched on before of the apparent weakness of the Asuran fleet of Auroras only being able to take out 2 ships while losing heaps. Anyway a theory ive read before and is repeated on wiki is that the Asurans have the tech from the beginning of the wraith war which means they have far inferior drones and shields from the Auroras the ancients built 100 years later at the end of the war. I dont know how much time there was between the cleansing of Asuras and the ancients leaving pegasus it doesnt say we dont know at what point in the war the Asurans were created.
    The biggest hole in this theory thought was the drones the shield strength maybe but drones were left behind in antarctica 5 million years ago. So yeah the drones on atlantis are likely stronger than those but the difference between drones at the beginning and ending of the wraith war is likely little I mean how much can you improve on an at least 5 million year old technology in a mere 100 years you gotta assume after all that time theyre pretty much as good as theyre gonna get.
    Well we've seen atlantis drones bounce off puddle jumper shields so I assume a 304 with asgard shields should do fine

I think the asuran ships and drones are just as good as the ancients, every time we own something with drones we either launch a massive amount or they hit some critical system, and the asurans seem to only launch a few at once which makes sense because in a space battle you don't want to use all your ammo in the first few seconds of the fight
    I think that because the ancients were not a warlike race their weapons really weren't as good as they could have been with their technology.

We beat the asurans because we have a smaller more agile ship that's harder to hit but has weapons and shields that are designed to beat the ori tech built with ascended knowledge.

Comment

still, ONE hive got damaged. i mean, there were dozens of auroras there, and every one of the would have been able to take down at least two hives in a matter of seconds. it just doesn't add up.
      sigpic

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by IMDB
      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
      Hehe

Comment

Well we cannot now for sure that Asuran technology rivaled that of the ancients. But we can be damn sure if they are anywhere near them, they would have killed more than 1 hive ship. I mean, if their ZPM's worked im sure their drones did. It's mainly stupid writing in the fact to create time for rodney to come up with the repli-blob.

If it was practical, all, or the majority of the Aurora vessels would have engaged and completely wiped the floor with our fleet. A few drones knocked out a traveler ship, and im guessing it wouldnt take all that many to take out a 304. A hiveship would take a considerable amount, but as we had seen when the replicators engaged the wraith in a war, they dominated them.
        It's unpractical and pretty stupid, but it was a good episode as far as CGI goes, and we cant exactly change it.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

It might have also been that since they lacked the ATA gene, they lacked the proper capacity to use the drones to their fullest.

Comment

wouldent of they addaped it to there systioms

Comment

Originally posted by RubberJesus View Post
              Well we've seen atlantis drones bounce off puddle jumper shields so I assume a 304 with asgard shields should do fine

I think the asuran ships and drones are just as good as the ancients, every time we own something with drones we either launch a massive amount or they hit some critical system, and the asurans seem to only launch a few at once which makes sense because in a space battle you don't want to use all your ammo in the first few seconds of the fight
              I think that because the ancients were not a warlike race their weapons really weren't as good as they could have been with their technology.

We beat the asurans because we have a smaller more agile ship that's harder to hit but has weapons and shields that are designed to beat the ori tech built with ascended knowledge.
              But we also see drones from the Travelers Aurora cut an Asuran Aurora to pieces.
              sigpic
              Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
              STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Originally posted by General_Finley View Post
                But we also see drones from the Travelers Aurora cut an Asuran Aurora to pieces.
                cut a single one to pieces

Comment

Well it's shields where down.
                  The shield flimmers when ever a drone passes throuh.
                  sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
                    Well it's shields where down.
                    The shield flimmers when ever a drone passes throuh.
                    I've never noticed that.

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                    cut a single one to pieces
                    That was only time we saw it in the battle, it made it look easy though so its fair to assume it cut a few more to pieces during the battle. We only saw one kill by our 304's with the beam weapons, yet I've seen you post about how they were carrying the entire battle.
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                      I've never noticed that.

That was only time we saw it in the battle, it made it look easy though so its fair to assume it cut a few more to pieces during the battle. We only saw one kill by our 304's with the beam weapons, yet I've seen you post about how they were carrying the entire battle.
                      They raped about a half dozen within a few seconds of exiting hyperspace softening them up for the weaker ships to deal with. With the hives evenly spaced the 304s could try and protect the wraith and traveler ships in trouble. Isn't that what you'd do with a 7 or 8 mediocre ships (hives and aurora) and another 5 or 6 weak ships (travelers)?

The mission was to drop out of hyperspace and implement a very specific plan while minimizing casualties. Had the mission been to blow repli-arouras out of the sky, then they would have each 304 follow a trio of hives (for screens against return fire) and uber beam the hell out of that fleet with travelers and the aurora mopping up the crippled repliarouras. That plan would have cost them nearly every hive and maybe even a 304.
                      Last edited by morrismike; 17 May 2009, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                        They raped about a half dozen within a few seconds of exiting hyperspace. With the hives evenly spaces the 304s were protecting the wraith and traveler ships in trouble. Isn't that what you'd do with a 7 or 8 mediocre ships (hives and aurora) and another 5 or 6 weak ships (travelers)?
                        The entire fleet took out a group of Aurora's while their shields were down. Since when are Aurora's mediocre? Was it even said that the 304's were protecting the Hives let alone the Aurora? The Aurora seemed to be handling itself just as well as the 304's when we saw it.
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Working...
                        X