Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farscape Strange Detractors # 2 Comic Book Discussion (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape Strange Detractors # 2 Comic Book Discussion (Spoilers)

Did anyone else pick up or receive their issue yet?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Yep grabbed mine on release day, not sure why I didn't start a new thread, but I posted this:

Let's just say that there is a scene that would have made me very uncomfortable seeing on the show, I'm glad it's drawn.

Another good issue, though short. I thought the art felt rushed this time, with some of the pages looking like very basic cartoony drawings. But he captures the "feel" of them well.

Now, I really wish the last 2 would come out at the same time!
    In fact, I think I'll go reread it now.

Comment

I just got it the other day in the mail, and I thought it was a great continuation from Issue #1. Randy, I think I know what scene you are talking about. Right near the end of the issue?
      sigpic
      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        I just got it the other day in the mail, and I thought it was a great continuation from Issue #1. Randy, I think I know what scene you are talking about. Right near the end of the issue?
        Yeah. I'm a little touchy with that sort of thing I suppose, but it's disturbing. Even if she's all hopped up on something. But that's Scape and that's why it's great.

I ended up watching Nerve last night instead of reading SD. What a great episode, I don't know that it's the best, but it certainly has to be one of the most important in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
          Yeah. I'm a little touchy with that sort of thing I suppose, but it's disturbing. Even if she's all hopped up on something. But that's Scape and that's why it's great.

I ended up watching Nerve last night instead of reading SD. What a great episode, I don't know that it's the best, but it certainly has to be one of the most important in the series.
          Yeah, that is partly why Farscape is so great.

As for "Nerve", I couldn't agree more. It is a very important episode for understanding Farscape.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Whenever I feel the need to watch a bunch of Farscape episodes at once, I almost invariably watch "A Bug's Life," "Nerve," and "The Hidden Memory." Though not billed as a three-parter, it's probably the strongest of the three-parters they did....
            Keith R.A. DeCandido
            [email protected]
            www.decandido.net
            decandido.wordpress.com
            Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"Don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk." ---Tom Waits, "Heartattack and Vine"

Comment

Originally posted by krad View Post
              Whenever I feel the need to watch a bunch of Farscape episodes at once, I almost invariably watch "A Bug's Life," "Nerve," and "The Hidden Memory." Though not billed as a three-parter, it's probably the strongest of the three-parters they did....
              While I wouldn't say it was the strongest, it was extremely good. And crucial to the show.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Finally got this one (along with issue 3) yesterday. It really hit some depths of darkness there. Maybe a little too extreme? And with this being a comic, though I assume there are still "ratings" limits imposed, this issue made Crackers Don't Matter look down right cheery.

Now the question is, will it resonate with the characters in future series and not be forgotten because I'd call that some major dren that went down. Virus or no virus, it's bound to impact the characters as something not easily forgotten.

And I'm with Randy on the art, but eh whatever, I've seen a lot worse in another series I'm currently reading as well, but I thought it was better in issue three, but yeah at least this artist captures the "feel" of the characters well.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                  Finally got this one (along with issue 3) yesterday. It really hit some depths of darkness there. Maybe a little too extreme? And with this being a comic, though I assume there are still "ratings" limits imposed, this issue made Crackers Don't Matter look down right cheery.

Now the question is, will it resonate with the characters in future series and not be forgotten because I'd call that some major dren that went down. Virus or no virus, it's bound to impact the characters as something not easily forgotten.

And I'm with Randy on the art, but eh whatever, I've seen a lot worse in another series I'm currently reading as well, but I thought it was better in issue three, but yeah at least this artist captures the "feel" of the characters well.
                  I really think so too.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                  X